Epilouge

Epilouge

A Chapter by Sheri
"

What happens to the others?

"

    Kieto jumped as a pair of cold hands clasped onto his shoulders. He quickly turned back to see Ninari looking down on him with a kind smile across her face. “So, this is where you got to.”

    “Yeah…” His voice trailed off as he overlooked the lake once again. Ever since Dieteru and Amy’s disappearance, he had come back to this spot every day to sort out his thoughts. The very spot which reminded him of his missing brother and valiant friend.

    Ninari sat aside of him, tucking her knees under her chin. “I miss them too, Kieto.”

    He glanced over at her. “I know…I just wish I knew what happened in there…”

    “Me too…they had a lot on their plate, didn‘t they?” She said sorrowfully, now getting back to her feet before slapping him on the back. “But you have some important duties of your own now don’t you, King?”

    Kieto scowled at the sound of the name. “Just call me by my birth name. That other one reminds me to much of that Alangi b*****d…”

    “Yeah, you’re right…” she agreed sympathetically. “For once.”

    “Hey.” He said quietly, not really in the mood for a meaningless quarrel. He sighed. “I know I have my duties Ninari. You don’t have to hover over me to make sure I do them.”

    “I know Kieto. And I’m not hovering over you; I just don’t want you to wallow in your own regrets. There’s nothing we could have done that day to help.”

    “I know…” he said now standing to his feet. He smiled cheerfully. “That’s why I’m going to put all my strength into building our kingdom for them. I’ll build it the way Dieteru wanted it to be and I’ll protect it the way Amy had protected it.”

    “That’s good.”

    “Leader! Leader!” The two turned to see a young man running towards them, an enthusiastic look upon his face. “Leader, come quick! We found something on the outskirts of town! It’s been buried out front all this time!”

    Kieto and Ninari looked to one another questionably before following the man to the location. What could he have possible found that he needed to come to tell his finds to the King?

 

    “It’s right here!” The man pointed towards the ground a few feet from the town’s boarder.

    Kieto rubbed his temples in frustration. “You called on me just to look at a pile of dirt?”

    The man’s smile faded as he looked to the ground. “N-no, it’s what’s underneath! The wind must have blown the loose dirt back.” He then bent down brushing the dirt aside.

    Ninari watched the man curiously. “He must have found something important.”

    “Yeah, I bet-”

    “Here!” the man’s voice cut in as he backed away from his findings. “Right here!”

    Kieto looked at what the man had found. “A stone?” He saw Ninari walk towards it carefully, her eyes wide. “Ninari?”

    She fell to her knees only inches from the stone, her hand placed over her mouth. “Oh Kieto. This is-”

    Kieto came closer, taking a look over her shoulder and saw what had caught her attention. It wasn’t just a stone. It was a tomb stone with the first names being Amy and Dieteru.

    He looked on in awe, unable to believe what he saw. He had somehow believed the two of them made it from the cave, but he never once thought the two had made it back to Amy’s time.

    Ninari sobbed silently to herself as she felt Kieto’s hand being placed onto her shoulder. “It’s alright Ninari. They’re alright.”

    “What’ do you mean they’re alright? This is their grave-”

    “From the past.”

    “What?” She looked up into his eyes confused.

    “We can’t expect them to be alive now. It’s nearly a thousand years since they died. They couldn’t possibly be alive now…”

    They remained silent for a few moments before Kieto turned to the man who had found their tombstone. “Get some others and preserve this area. The two heroes who saved us from the Alangi now rest here. I want them to be remembered.”

    “Y-yes sir.” The man said before he rushed back to town in search for help.

    “Kieto-”

    “We may not have been able to help them then, but we can help them now. By not letting them be forgotten for what they have done for us.” He smiled to himself at the thought of the two living together in the past somewhere. “At least they lived full lives.”

    “You’re right.”

    “Or course I am; I am the ruler aren’t I?”

    Ninari shook her head as she stood to her feet. “I take it back.”

    “What?”

    “You are defiantly Dieteru’s brother.”

    Kieto smiled. “I wouldn’t want to be brothers with anyone else.”



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on May 31, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri