Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Sheri
"

Chris and Amy are able to escape from their sinking car, only to be created by a tremendous wave. Once he wakes, he realises Amy is no where to be found...

"

    There was an eruption of water as the car plummeted into the ocean water below the cliff. The force of the impact caused both Chris and Amy to lurch forward causing Amy to slam her head onto the dashboard before her. She cried out, placing a shaky had to her forehead. When she pulled her hand back, she could see blood smeared over her fingertips.

    “Amy! Quick! Grab my hand!” Chris cried as he reached out to her, grabbing her hand and pulling her over to the center of the seats. “Alright, we have to move to the back; if we can fold the back seat down, it leads into the trunk, and we should be able to get out from there.” He looked to her. “You first.”

    “But-”

    “Don’t argue with me! We’re running out of time!” Chris said, pushing her in between the two seats and she took the hint.

    She maneuvered herself into the back seat the best she could, moving over slightly to the left to allow Chris to come through. He reached for two fabric made loops on either side of the seats and as he tugged on them the back seat began to fold towards them. The two siblings climbed on top of the folded seat.

    “Alright Amy, climb in!”

    She didn’t bother to argue as she began to crawl over the folded seat. Lying on her stomach, she crawled forward, but she could see the trunk was still tightly closed before her. She looked back to him. “It’s still shut!”

    By this time, Chris had already made his way over the folded seat. Glancing back into the front seat windows, he could see the water slowly making its way up the glass. “Good, we still have some time left.” He looked back to Amy, pushing himself forward. “Pull the lever to left; it’ll open the trunk!”

    Amy frantically began looking for the lever. He said it was to the left- the moment she looked to her left, the lever had caught her eye; it was small, yet luminescent. She reached out for it, and tugged hard…The trunk popped open with ease. Yes! She crawled up to the edge of the now opened trunk, and saw that only a foot of the car was left untouched by water.

    She felt a light pressure, as Chris placed his hand onto her back. “Let’s go.” He said diving into the water along with her.

    A few seconds later, Amy finally broke through the surface of the water, gasping for air, looking desperately for her brother. “Chris? Where are you?”

    “A-Amy, are you alright?”

    She turned to see him a few feet away, swimming towards her. “Y-yeah.” Amy answered relieved. But once he had reached her, her relief vanished as something behind him caught her eye. “Chris, look!”

    She then pointed behind him with a quivering hand. As he turned to look, he could see a wave coming towards them, seeming to be five stories high. Staring wide-eyed up at the wave, Chris quickly reached out to Amy, holding onto her tightly as the wave crashed into them.

    When Chris had finally recovered, he found himself lying on an embankment. After he fully regained his senses, he realized something was wrong. Amy wasn’t with him. “Amy?” He called out hoarsely.

    Receiving no response, he frantically began to look for her, or at least some sign of her. “Oh man…” he said in a choked whisper. He trudged his way to the edge of the embankment, falling to his knees in exhaustion. ‘Where could she be?’ Tears began to fill his eyes as he looked up into the morning sky.

    “AMY!”

 

    “Hm. I don’t know if she’s alive or what…”

    “N-huh?” Amy opened her eyes to see a young boy kneeling over of her. Startled, she sat in an upright position, only to be greeted by a sharp pain within her head. “Ah, My head…”

    “So, you are alive huh?” Said the boy standing to his feet.

    The boy looked to be about ten years of age, with dark brown hair, which he had fixed into a ponytail reaching down to his neck. He was wearing old clothing, which seemed to be made of dear, or some other kind of hide, and his boots looked to be made of the same material.

    He held out his hand, his dark brown eyes piercing into hers. “Well, are you just going to gawk at me or do you want me to help you up?”

    She grasped his hand allowing him to help her to her feet. He pulled her effortlessly up from the ground. Wow, this kid is pretty strong for his age! She studied him once more; her gaze stopped suspiciously at the boy's ears. Wait a second! Does that kid have pointed ears? 

    “So, you got a name?” The boy asked questioningly.

    “My name’s…Amy.” She answered perplexed by what she had thought she saw. Of course not! What was I thinking? She took a quick glance around her surroundings. The two of them were completely encircled by trees.

    “Amy? What a weird name!” The boy exclaimed, putting his hands behind his head.

    “Oh?” She said now focusing on the boy. “And what is your name then?”

    “Kieto.”

    “Hm, talk about weird names.”

    “What was that?”

    “Uh, Nothing. Nothing at all!” She said waving her hands before her as if to wave off the comment. She lowered her hands when a thought crossed her mind. “Um, can you tell me where we are?”

    “Sheesh! You must be daft!” The boy said laughing slightly to himself as he lowered his hands to his sides. “We are in the Holy Kingdom of Haroheito!”

    “Haro...heito?” Amy thought tapping a finger lightly on her chin. “Never heard of it.”

    Kieto’s jaw dropped. “You never heard of Haroheito? Th-then where are you from?”

    “I’m from Antieca.”

    “Antieca? That’s not funny.”

    “Huh? It’s not supposed to be funny.” She took a step closer. “I live in North America in a town called Antieca. What’s so funny about that?”

    “North America! Now you are really freaking me out!” He backed away putting his hands up in front of him as if to shield himself from some terrifying monster, and Amy was that monster.

    “But, I-”

    “You really have no clue what’s going on, do you?” Asked the boy, gradually lowering his hands.

    Amy shook her head. “Please, tell me.”

    “North America, along with Asia and Africa, were completely destroyed over one thousand years ago. The only thing left are barren waste lands, uninhabitable by people.”

    “What!” She exclaimed, a little skeptical. “A thousand years ago...” She looked to the ground, thinking hard. This sounds like some kid’s game- she then allowed a smirk form across her face when she realized what was really going on. “Sure ok. I get it.”

    “Get what?”

    Amy began to look behind trees; she was positive she would find a certain someone hiding behind one of them. “Alright Chris, I know you’re here somewhere!”

    “Chris? Who’s that?”

    “Don’t play dumb.” Amy said rolling her eyes to the side as she looked behind another tree. “He set you up to do this; to freak me out, didn’t he?’

    “I‘m sorry, but I have no clue what you are talking about.”

    “I have to admit, he almost had me fooled until I saw those stupid ears of yours. Once I saw those I knew something was up!”

    “Hey! My ears aren’t stupid!”

    “Yeah, yeah.” Amy said walking over to him. She then took hold of both his ears and yanked down on them, hoping to rip them off revealing the boy's normal human ears.

    “Ow! What are you doing?” Kieto shouted aggressively pulling her hands away from his ears.

    She watched as his ears grew a bright red color taking a step back in awe. “Th-they’re real! That means-” unable to finish her sentence, Amy fell silently to the ground, fainting to the truth of the news of this strange world she had awoken in to.

    Kieto walked over to her, kneeling beside her once again as he had when he had first found her. He placed his two fingers onto her throat, checking her pulse. “Poor girl, she’s in shock...huh?”  Kieto pulled his fingers from her throat studying them, puzzled at what he had just felt. Her pulse, it isn't normal! He looked to her again. Could she be the human everyone was waiting for?



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on May 23, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri