Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Sheri
"

Amy meets with the High Elder and finds her reason for being within their time...

"

    After trudging through the forest, for what seemed like hours to Amy, her small group had finally made their way to the outskirts of a town. Amy gaped out at the town before her, astounded. Is this really the future?

    Looking more like a reservation then a town, the whole area was in shambles. The homes were built closely together with no people to be seen. There were no shops, no schools, and even to Amy's surprise, no church.

    "This is Haroheito!" Kieto happily announced as they entered the town, adverting her attention to him. His tone soon lowered to one of pain. "The only place not fallen to the Alangi King..."

    Amy looked out to the town once more in quiet awe. That explains why it looks as if it's been through war… Because it has. She looked to Ninari. "Where are your people? Aren't they around? Is there going to be an attack?"

    Ninari looked to her then smiled sweetly. "So you've noticed how quiet it is, huh?" Her gaze fell back on to the settlement known as Haroheito. "The people are in the back of the town." She pointed to the buildings. "These structures aren't real homes. Since the Alangi dogs attack at night it has been decided to leave a select few of our villagers in the front to keep watch over this replicated town. They'll warn the others of danger.”

    “But what if you are attacked from behind?” Amy questioned looking out into the distance. She couldn’t see the real town from where they stood and wondered if she’d really be safe from creatures like the one earlier. But when she turned back to Ninari for her answer she only smiled.

    “The back of the town is built into the mountain.” Kieto enlightened her pointing out into the distance. Amy followed to where he indicated and could see the mountain he spoke of not too far from where they stood. “Whenever those b******s do attack us, they have no choice but to go through the front.”

    Amy shook her head, feeling a little foolish. These people are smarter then I thought.

    Ninari began to walk on ahead of her, Kieto at her side. "Come on. The High Elder is just up ahead."

    Amy promptly followed after the two, looking into the windows of the dwellings. In one of the windows she caught sight of a dark figure taking a step away from the window. Amy gulped. "But, what of the people here? Won't they try to stop me?"

    "Why should they?" Kieto asked glancing back to her with a smile. "I admit your clothing is a bit odd but besides that, you look like us on the outside and we never reject one of our own."

    Amy looked down to her feet, her mind wandering with so many thoughts at once. Ninari placed a hand on her shoulder, startling her. "Don’t worry. It'll be fine once you speak with the High Elder. You'll see."

    Amy nodded as they continued to walk, wondering what exactly she had gotten herself into.

 

    Whoa... was the only thought that crossed Amy's mind as she looked up at the building in which the High Elder lived. "This is beautiful..."

    The structure was constructed in ancient Japanese architecture. There were a few steps leading up to, what looked to Amy, like a veranda. The dark brown tiled roof slanted out to the sides in a in a triangular fashion with figurines of birds placed at every corner. There were no windows along the building's vanilla colored walls, however that didn't take the beauty from the structure and its golden trimmed etches of the worlds various flora and fauna.

    "It is, isn't it?" Ninari's question was more of a statement at she walked up the steps to the veranda before turning back to face Amy. "Wait here. I must tell her you’re here first.” She looked to Kieto. "Let's go."

    Ninari turned back to the wall. Amy had been wondering how they would enter since she hadn't seen a single door. That was until Ninari placed her fingers within a small indentation set within the wall, sliding open a hidden door. Once Ninari and Kieto slid the door back in its place, Amy sighed. Yeah, leave me out here where those creatures can get me.

    Upon their arrival, Amy saw that this town was indeed built into the mountainside, leaving a small part of it out in the open air. The buildings were no where near as cramped as in the replicated town and were well taken care of. She also took note of one other little detail; there were real live people walking about the town's dirt roads.

    Though they gave her curious glances, not a single person came over to her which made Amy glad, yet a little sad at the same time. With how much she liked the idea of not talking to any of these unusual people, she didn’t want to be treated as an outcast either. She had dealt with that enough in her lifetime…

    Turning back towards the door, she could hear faint mumbling coming from inside the room. I wonder what they're saying. She walked over to where she thought the door had been, placing her right ear against its cool exterior.

    She could hear Ninari speaking with great respect in her voice. "...She's right outside. I swear to you, this is definitely the one."

    There was a small silence as another voice was heard; softer, gentler tone could be heard from this aged voice. "I didn't expect her to arrive so soon."

    "But it is her!" Kieto's voice sounded through the door. "You should have seen what she did to that Alangi dog!"

    "Oh, is she alright?"

    "She's just fine." Ninari reassured her. "A little shaken up, but fine all the same."

    "Well that's good to hear. She is important for our kingdom’s future." The woman paused for a moment. "We must train her for the journey; if she is willing to do so..."

    "Oh, I‘m sure she will be. She’s quite a sweet and understanding girl." The room went silent as  Amy heard footsteps come over to the door. "I'll get her right away for you."

    Amy's eyes widened as she backed away form the door moments before Ninari pulled it open. "Oh! There you are!" She said grabbing hold of Amy’s wrist, pulling her into the room. She pulled Amy in front of her, pushing her lightly toward an elderly woman. "Here she is! Our lovely angel."

    The elderly woman took a step towards her cupping Amy’s chin within her hand. "Oh, what beautiful green eyes..." She said in a soothing tone which relaxed Amy instantly as she gazed into the woman's clear blue eyes. "You most definitely have a unique aura about you."

    Amy blinked a few times before taking a step back away from the woman. She studied her carefully. "Who are you?"

    The old woman’s eyes glistened in pure joy as she let her hand fall gracefully to her side. "Why, I am the High Elder of this town. But, you may call me Sagieta."

    "Sagieta, huh?" Amy looked the High Elder up and down. The old woman was dressed in a pure white robe, almost as white as her hair, which she had raveled up in a tight bun atop her head, revealing her pointed ears. She looked back into the woman's eyes. "Why am I here? What’s going on?"

    Sagieta looked over at Ninari and Kieto. "Go get Dieteru. He must meet our wonderful guest."

    "Right." Ninari said turning to leave the room. "Let’s go, Kieto." Kieto gave a quick nod before following her out of the room.

    Sagieta looked back to Amy, "Now, what was your question, sweatie?"

    "I want to know why I am here." Amy asked a little frustrated. "Ninari said that I'm the Angel of Black Wings, from the prophecy, but how can that be true? I was born nearly a thousand years ago so-"

    "Quiet honey, quiet." The woman said soothingly, silencing her at once. "I'll answer all of your questions, so there’s no need for you to rush through them.” She smiled sweetly at her. "The prophecy has no bounds on time. The spirits are the ones who picked you to help us and they are the ones who brought you here."

    "The spirits?" Amy asked confused. "What spirits?"

Sagieta's face became filled with sorrow. "The spirits of all of the Alangi's victims." She shook her head sadly. "They wish for you to prevent what has happened in your time."

    "How can I prevent it? It happened in the past."

    "The Alangi King is a time traveler. He travels through time and dimensions, destroying whatever he can."

    "But, my town is already destroyed-"

    "Because the destruction has happened in the past. Though he hasn't left yet to cause it, it has already happened. Don’t you see?"

    Amy shook her head confused more now than she had been before. "I'm sorry, but I don’t understand."

    Sagieta smiled. "I can't say I blame you. It is quite complicated. But...” She paused, taking hold of Amy’s right hand in both of hers. “There is a way to prevent it from ever happening. It's too late for us, but stopping the Alangi King now may fix your future."

    "My...future?" Amy questioned. "You mean, I may be able to go back home one day?"

    Sagieta's smile faded as she let go of her hand. "Well-"

    There was a momentary rap at the door as someone entered the room. "You wanted to see me?"

    Amy turned to see a young man standing before them. He was tall and slender, but strong in his posture as he looked from her to Sagieta. His hazel eyes seemed to pierce through the old woman.

    "Dieteru. How nice of you to join us." Sagieta said stepping aside of Amy. She placed her hands on Amy's shoulders, holding her out before him as if she were a prize. "This is the Angel of Black Wings. She has finally arrived to save us all."

    Dieteru studied Amy for a moment and then grunted discontentedly. "There's no way I’m letting this human near my people." He said with a huff. "I’d rather die."



© 2009 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on May 28, 2008
Last Updated on June 6, 2009


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri