Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

A Chapter by Sheri
"

Amy awakens to find herself in a strange room where Sagieta speaks with her, and tells her that the prophecy in which they are following is unfinished...

"

    Amy awoke to find herself in a room she had never seen since she had come to Haroheito. The walls were a dull white and the only furnishing within the room was the bed she laid on. She placed a hand to her head after taking a quick look around the room. Man it's hot! She ripped the brown fleece blankets off of her. I feel like I'm in an oven!

    To her right, she could hear the door to the room slide open and as she turned her head to look, she saw Ninari poke her head into the room. She smiled at the sight of Amy staring back at her before entering the room with Kieto following shortly after.

    Ninari put her hands to her hips as she stared down at Amy. "Finally awake I see?"

    Amy smiled at her weakly. "Yup. I guess I am."

    Ninari's face fell to a sincere expression. "You had us worried."

    Amy shook her head slightly. "You mustn't worry. I still plan on continuing on with this journey-"

    "No, that's not it." Ninari said cutting her off. She walked over to the side of the bed, sitting just aside of her. "Amy, you scared the living hell out of us! I know you may think we’re only giving you so much attention because you are this Angel, the savior of our people. But that's not all."

    "No?"

    "No," Ninari took her right hand in her own. "You are a kind, loving person. The townspeople have already fallen in love with you and they don't even know who you really are." She watched as Amy closed her eyes. "Face it girl. You worked your way into our hearts."

    There was a small pause as Amy looked back to her. "I'm sorry to have made you worry so much..." She paused again as a thought crossed her mind. "How are the townspeople? Are they alright?"

    "Yes, yes, they're just fine. The damage wasn’t nearly as bad as everyone had thought."

    "And you? How are you?" Amy asked studying her closely.

    Kieto took a step closer. "She's actually supposed to be in bed right now. But she insisted on seeing you; so I came with her as a guide."

    Ninari shot him a dirty look. "Guide my a*s." She turned back to Amy. "But I should really be going. The High Elder wished to speak to you about your journey." She then got to her feet heading towards the door with Kieto following closely behind.

    "Ninari?" Amy called after her.

    She turned back to her. "Yes?"

    "Thanks."

    Ninari gave her another warm smile as she and Kieto left the room. Shortly after, Sagieta entered the room, a grave expression upon her face. She stopped just a few short feet from the bed, studying her carefully. "How are you child?"

    Amy smiled thoughtfully. "I'm fine. A little warm but, I should be alright." She paused for a moment for Sagieta to speak, but when she said nothing, Amy decided to go with the direct approach. "Ninari said you wished to speak with me about something?"

    "Yes, I did." She said coming closer to her. "I wanted to let you know how grateful I am to you for saving our Prince."

    Amy bit her bottom lip; the look upon the elderly woman's face made her believe there was a lot more to her visit then just her gratitude. "I know that's not what you came in here for Sagieta. Please, just spit it out. I can take it."

    "But I'm not all that sure you can..." The old woman sat beside her on the edge of the bed, just as Ninari had, and looked deep into her eyes. "I was hoping not to have to tell you this until the day of your departure. But, I believe that you have a right to know now."

    Amy studied her, puzzled. "Know what?"

    Sagieta sighed, looking down at her hands within her lap. "What this journey has in store for you." Amy remained silent, allowing the old woman to gather her thoughts. She then looked back into her eyes. "Your powers...There is a trick to having such a power under your disposal."

    "A trick?" Amy asked, wondering what she was trying to say. "What kind of trick?"

    "Let me explain this to you first." Sagieta said in a subtle tone. "You know of the prophecy? That how the Angel of Black Wings saves us from the Alangi Devil? Well, the prophecy is not finished."

    "Not finished? What else is there?"

    "Well, it is said that the Angel of Black Wings fights with Alangi Devil; overpowering him with her given power from the spirits. However, when the dust settles from this oncoming battle, the savior of the Maraini shall never be seen again."

    Amy thought about this for a long moment. "You mean...I will die?”

    "This, I do not know child, but I do believe so." She closed her eyes, clearly mortified for keeping such a significant secret away from her people's savior. "I am sorry for not telling you sooner child but-"

    "It's alright. I understand." Amy stated cutting her off. "If you were to tell me this sooner I probably would have said no." There was another pause as Amy closed her eyes again. "But you mustn't worry. I will continue on with this journey. I must. There is too much riding on this now."

    "Thank you child.” Sagieta said appreciatively. "I knew the spirits had made the right choice."

Amy looked back to her. "What of the others? I assume they don’t know because you said the prophecy wasn't finished. Shall I tell them?"

    "Oh no, child. I wouldn't tell them. They'll only try to stop you."

    Amy laughed. "Except Dieteru."

    "Especially Dieteru. I admit, he may seem a little self-centered, but that boy has a kind heart. He hates the thought of someone having to sacrifice, whatever it may be, in order to save the lives he was entrusted to protect."

    "So that's why you never finished the prophecy."

    "You are indeed a clever young woman." Sagieta stood to her feet as she headed toward the door. "This world will indeed suffer a great loss."

    Amy watched her as she left the room before turning her gaze up to the ceiling, thinking about what Sagieta had told her. There were too many things happening at once. Yet, she knows what exactly she has do. How could she possibly weigh all those people’s lives with her own? She couldn't. And she wouldn't. Besides, it’s not as if she had anything worth living for now, right? Everything she knows and loves is back in the past, only with her remaining here in the future. She was completely and utterly alone. It would just be better for her to complete her journey. It would be the best thing for everyone; in the past and the future.



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on May 30, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri