Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

A Chapter by Sheri
"

Amy's battle with the Alangi King...

"

    “So,” the creature’s husky voice seemed to boom through the room. “The Angel of Black Wings has finally decided to show her face.” He studied her for a moment. “And what a pretty face she has.”

    “Shut up you pig.” Dieteru said through gritted teeth as he unsheathed his sword.

    The creature laughed at his drawn sword. “What do you expect to do with that?” He mocked as he banged a fist against his armor, sounding a satisfying clank throughout the room. “This is made of the hardest material imaginable. There is no way for you to defeat me with that.” He looked to Amy, revealing his carnivorous teeth in a sinister smile. “She has what is needed to defeat me and I’d like to see it for myself.”

    Dieteru pushed Amy farther back. “I am a pure blooded Maraini. If anyone can defeat you, I will.”

    The creature studied Dieteru carefully. “You do seem different...” he began to laugh. “But that doesn’t matter. I’ll still drive you into the ground!”

    Amy placed her hands onto Dieteru’s shoulders. “Just allow me to do this Dieteru-”

    “No! I can take him.”

    “Then come, pure blood. Show me what you got.”

    Dieteru rushed toward the creature without another word, bringing his sword down upon him relentlessly once within range. Though with each passing blow, it became clear that his attacks were futile as the sharp blade left no apparent damage on the armor. It seemed that he was definitely fighting an invincible assailant.

    He’s not going to win.

Amy thought fearfully watching the fight before her. She saw Dieteru bring down his sword once again, this time the blade catching the demons arm plates leaving the two at a stand still.

    “I won’t let you take Amy…“ Dieteru said angrily through clenched teeth.

    Amy could feel her heart skip a beat at his words. “Dieteru…”

    The creature let out a boom of laughter before swinging his free arm toward him, striking Dieteru on his left side. “Pathetic.”

    “Dieteru!” Amy cried as she saw him fall to the ground dropping his sword at the King’s feet. It only took her a moment to rush to his side as the demon advanced. She stood before the creature defiantly, not allowing him to take another step.

    The creature laughed menacingly. “Finally deciding to fight your own battles?”

    “Amy, get away from him!” Dieteru said as he painfully stood to his feet.

    “Quiet.” She said to him shaking her head. “Physical strength cannot defeat him, that's obvious now.”

    “Amy-”

    “How touching.” The creature said with a grunt. “But I wonder if they told you what will happen to you if you use those powers to their full extant?”

    “I already know.” She said taking a step toward him. “I am to disappear…but I don’t care. I will do whatever it takes to defeat you and to protect the Maraini.”

    “Brave.” The creature said in a low growl as he quickly swung out at her with his arm. She jumped back out of the way, landing near Dieteru’s side as the demon studied her carefully. “And quick too. This shall be interesting.”

    Dieteru placed his hand onto Amy’s shoulder. “You don’t need to do this. I can defeat him. Just give me more time.”

    “We’re all out of time.” She glanced back to him, determined at what she must do. “I have to defeat him now while I still can.” She slowly raised her hands out at her sides, beginning to concentrate.

    The king watched her in awe as her body began to emit a strange dark aura. “You will die if you release that power here!”

    “I will die if I don’t! Try another trick!” She yelled angrily, wincing slightly as her wound began to reopen once more.

    “Amy-” Dieteru began, though knew whatever protest he may have on her continuing on with this fight would be of no use. Instead, he took a step closer, wrapping his arms around her so that his own hands covered her wound. “If this is what you are going to do, then I’m going to do this with you…” he stated as the light began to engulf him as well in the form of black angelic wings.

“No,” she whispered faintly. “Dieteru, you have to stop…this power might kill you too...”

    He rests his chin on her shoulder. “I don’t care.” He began the light fully surrounding him as well. “I won’t let you do this alone.”

    The creature stared at the black mass before him with dreadful eyes. “Unbelievable…” he said in astonishment as well as panic. He looked to Dieteru’s sword at his feet before reaching out for it, holding it out before him in a firm grasp. “I will not allow you, a mere human, to defeat me!” The creature’s fury sounded through his voice as he charged at Amy.

    “Amy-”

   She leaned back into Dieteru, with a slight hush, quieting him instantly. “There’s no need to worry.” She whispered closing her eyes as the creature came toward her.

    “Die!” The king howled as he pushed the tip of the blade through Amy’s chest then stopped, feeling a repelling force.

    The black light slowly began to engulf the sword as well as the Alangi King struggled to pull the blade free. He soon fell back, sword still in hand.

    The creature huffed breathlessly from his struggle. “What the hell was that?” He questioned with a laugh. “You didn’t even scathe me-” his words were cut short as he looked down to the sword within his grasp. Or what had been a sword. All that was left was the hilt within his clawed hand; the blade had been completely melted away.

    “You will not escape the prophecy.” She said coldly, the light around her moving out towards the creature.

    “The hell I won’t!” The king yelled throwing the hilt of the sword to the side as he rose to his feet. He closed his eyes, putting his hands together out before him. “I shall travel back in time and destroy you before you were even born!” But as he willed his own power to beckon his call, nothing came. He looked down to his scaled hands in disbelief as if they had somehow betrayed him. And they hadn‘t. Around his arms and slithering around his body, was the same darkened aura surrounding Amy and Dieteru. The entire room was now surrounded in darkness.

    “There is no escape.” Amy said again in a cool tone. “You will die here; along with me.”

    The creature remained where he was unable to move. “You cannot possibly kill another living being-”

    “I have before. “ She stated without feeling, only wishing for this too end. Yet, she was hesitant; her heart ached at the thought of putting Dieteru in danger. “Dieteru,” she began in a soft voice. “I want you to go-”

    “No, I refuse.”

    “Dieteru-”

    He kissed her lightly on the side of her neck. “Just do it.”

    Amy closed her eyes, her heart racing. She didn’t want to hurt Dieteru, yet she didn’t want that Alangi b*****d to get away either… I have no choice… the dark light around her began to grow brighter, slowly turning into that of a white light.

    “It’s time for this to end!” She cried as the darkness began to be consumed with the blinding light.

    She could hear the Alangi Devil’s pain filled cry as the light consumed him as well. Then the room suddenly became silent to her, all except for Dieteru’s breathing. “Dieteru…” she called out, yet her voice trailed off as an odd sensation began to come over her. Not the one she had felt with the Alangi. This one was different. Almost calming.

    But no matter how calming this new sensation was, Amy couldn’t help but feel threatened. She could no longer feel Dieteru’s grasp around her waist. She could only hear his steady breathing.

“Dieteru…”

    She called out his name once again, no longer able to hear her own voice. What’s going on? Is this what it’s like to be dead? She thought to herself with a shiver. “N-no! I can’t die like this! There’s still something I must do! Something I must say-” the light slowly began to fade around her causing her fear to build more. “Dieteru…I…” then silence as she was no long able to form the words she desperately wished to speak.



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on May 31, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri