Shameless Chapter Two

Shameless Chapter Two

A Chapter by Emma Marie Taylor

"Hey, girl, make yourself useful and get me a Rocks," Ms. Hackles barks, her eyes not leaving the tiny television on the wall. I stand up off the floor and walk to the tiny kitchen. I take the key out of the drawer under the righthand cabinet. I punch in the six single numbers in the keypad and pull out the floppy. "One Rocks on ice," I say clearly and loudly into the floppy. "Two," shouts Ms. Hackles from the living room. I roll my eyes and change the order to two.

Fog appears from the floppy and an ice-cold bottle slides out. I grab them and shut the drawer, closing the floppy. I hand the two Rocks to Ms. Hackles and stand there. She pops open a lid and chugs down one. Then the next. She gives me a look, "What you lookin' at, girl?" I look away and walk towards the hallway, to my temporary room. "Nothing," I reply. As I close the door I hear Ms. Hackles mumble about bills and something about a refund.

"Why are you even making me go to a school? You and I both know I'm not gonna be hear long, " I say, closing up my overstuffed backpack. Ms. Hackles picks something out of her nails and looks at me, "Believe me, little girl, I really don't give a crap how this goes. I just want my monthly check. And the rules say you got to go to a school." I roll my eyes and shrug on my backpack. "Whatever," i sigh, and slam the door shut without looking back.




© 2012 Emma Marie Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Each little chapter is a peek into her life. Great characterization of this mean woman! One part was confusing since I though Clare left the room & closed the door in the 2nd paragraph, but in the third she is still in the room with Ms. Hackles?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emma Marie Taylor

11 Years Ago

Oh yeah, it was supposed to be a different scene, i didnt make that very clear did I? Sorry! but tha.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Added on August 29, 2012
Last Updated on August 29, 2012
Tags: science fiction, mothers, shame, chapter, short, mystery, drama


Author

Emma Marie Taylor
Emma Marie Taylor

Muncie, IN



About
I am fifteen years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and writing is my passion. I love poetry, books, novellas, short stories, limericks, lyrics, stories, journals, blogs, chapters, etc. I lov.. more..

Writing