Shameless Chapter Thirteen

Shameless Chapter Thirteen

A Chapter by Emma Marie Taylor

"Are you sure you want to do this, Mrs. Reese?" The man asked, his hands neatly folded at the desk. Samantha Reese shook her head, "Its Ms. Reese now, and yes, I am sure."

She tried her best not to look at the man, in fear she would burst into tears.
Impossible, she thought. I've shed all the tears left. "You do know, that if you go through with this, you can never, and I mean, ever reverse her, correct?" The man asked. Samantha looked at her hands, "Yes. Yes, I know."

She heard a rustling and accidentally looked up, but only to see the man pulling out some papers and handing her a pen.

"Sign here, here....and....here."

Samantha took the time to read the entire contract, not going to make the same mistake she had made when she was much younger, much more naive. She scribbled her signature onto the lines and looked up at him with dewy eyes. "

You are now excused, Ms. Reese. Take her to the designated area and we will take care of the rest."

 She nodded, and headed to the door.

Before she left, the man stopped her and said, "And Ms. Reese? Remember, you can never tell anyone about this. Do you understand?" Samantha nodded, and left the room.

                                    * * *

Clarabelle Reese sat in the backseat of her mother's car, swinging her tiny legs back and forth in her car seat. "Where are we going, mommy?" She asked for at least the tenth time. Samantha Reese kept her eyes on the road, "The doctor, sweetie."

Clarabelle made a face and kicked her legs in protest. "Can we get ice cream after?" Samantha Reese let out a chocking, teary sound, "Of course, sweetie. Whatever you want."

Clarabelle hummed happily in triumph, completely unaware of her mother's silent sobbing in the front seat of the car.

 
                                * * *

"Clarabelle Reese for a checkup?" Samantha said to the secretary, holding a tiny Clarabelle on her hip. The secretary smiled, "The doctor should be here soon." Samantha nodded, and sat down in a chair.

As she held her daughter's small sleeping body, her mind wandered and looked at the creature in disgust. She shook, and Clarabelle woke up sleepily, and began to cry. Samantha clamped a hand over her daughter's mouth, ignoring the shocked stares of families around her.

Ignore. Ignore. Ignore. Samantha reminded herself as she let go of her daughter. Clarabelle looked at her mother with hurt eyes, but soon forgot it.

"Clarabelle Reese?" A voice called. Samantha stood, grabbing Clarabelle's hand, and raced out the waiting room, following the doctor to the lab.

                            * * *

"Mommy?! Where are
you-" "We'll take it from here," the doctor said, pulling Clarabelle away from Samantha. "Mommy! Mommy!" Clarabelle screamed, thrashing in the doctor's arms. The doctor whistled, and a group of other doctors swarm around them, one of them stabbing a needle into Clarabelle's tiny arm. Her body went limp, and a shudder went through Samantha.

"Please don't hurt her!" Samantha sobbed, as the doctor closed the door, Clarabelle Reese's limp body swinging against his back.

                              * * *

A blood curtling scream shook the hospital walls. It was the scream of a small child, maybe three or four, and the sound wove its way into Samantha Reese's soul. The sound of sharp razors digging into flesh echoed in the halls, and the clanking off spilled vials.

Samantha slapped a shaky hand over her quivering lip, as she scoffed in disgust as the tears ran down her face. Breaking down, she sunk to the floor, a horrible sob escaping her. Her body shook, at the realization of the monster she had become.

Something inside her snapped though, and the tears stopped. She no longer felt sadness. No longer felt guilt. She was numb. She felt....angry. Her sorrow fed on the new feeling, swallowing her whole. Flashes of her daughter coursed through her mind, but instead of seeing her sweet baby, she saw the evil demon she gave birth too.

Samantha stood up, and wiped off her skirt.

She no longer felt ashamed.

That creature deserved to die.


© 2012 Emma Marie Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow so creepy... I'm confused though. Was clarabell born as something else or are the doctors now altering her?
Anyways when it comes to emotional intensity, you got it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


OMG That made me cry....Veyr good chapter, Get the next one out asap!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emma Marie Taylor

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
Is it a flashback? I am getting really confused by the story... Really want to find out what is Clara actually??
Keep writing!!!
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emma Marie Taylor

11 Years Ago

lol it is like a flashback, its pretty much telling the reader the mini back story, the next chapter.. read more
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Oh man.. I've got to wait to 2 chapters?! Guess then will have to do because I don't have any choice.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 12, 2012
Last Updated on October 12, 2012


Author

Emma Marie Taylor
Emma Marie Taylor

Muncie, IN



About
I am fifteen years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and writing is my passion. I love poetry, books, novellas, short stories, limericks, lyrics, stories, journals, blogs, chapters, etc. I lov.. more..

Writing