Shameless Chapter Twenty Seven

Shameless Chapter Twenty Seven

A Chapter by Emma Marie Taylor

I stand in front of the school, paralyzed as the other students flood the school doors in a hurry. Move, I think, but my feet disobey, and dig themselves deeper into the ground. People bump me, and give me annoyed looks, occasional snippy remarks. 

 

A flash of curly blond hair catches my eye and I gulp. He keeps his head down, walking fast. Someone calls his name, he turns and nods, smiling. As he turns his head our eyes meet, and its as if the world halts. 

 

 

His eyes burn with a guilt I've never seen before. His eyes scream I'm sorry. I want to forgive him, fold myself in his familiar arms and forgive and forget the words and actions we have said and done. I want to feel his lips against mine, warm and comforting. 

 

I want to love him again. 

 

But as my lips try to form the words Its okay, a Flash forms in my brain of the girl with the shining black hair, blanket draped over her tanned shoulders. Her husky voice begging Daniel back to bed. 

 

I start walking. 

 

As I walk faster, from behind I can hear his voice, "Clara! Clara!" As his voice enters my brain my nerves form memories flashing faster before my eyes. 

 

Our times together in the lab. 

 

Our fights, or apologies, or aiding in escapes from the lab. 

 

His many mistakes, his many faults that repeatedly tore out my heart. 

 

Me seeing those big blue eyes, falling under a spell I could never fight.

 

Always forgiving him. 

 

Me holding on to him. Never wanting to let go. 

 

The flashes stop, and I stand still, motionless in the crowd of moving bodies. 

 

Finally, I let my brain win over my heart. 

 

It was time. 

 

I finally, finally let go. 

 

                                 *                   *               * 

Jonah didn't come to school. 

 

I looked every class, every passing period. With each absence the more worry overwhelmed me. 

 

Was he sick? Was he okay? 

 

Something in my gut told me something was wrong. 

 

And I didn't like it. 

        *                            *                              * 




(Dear Readers, this is a note from the author, MEE, anyway, due to the fact that I am super busy I decided to make this chapter extra short due to the fact that I am loaded with homework. But, I knew I hadn't posted in awhile so I had to make this quick. Will post longer chapter soon, thanks for reading! please review! ~Emma~) 



© 2013 Emma Marie Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I SOO AGREE WITH HORIZON!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh no where is Jonah?! And so glad she is not forgiving Daniel, though her wanting to was so fraught with angst! Awesome!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awesome chapter!! I hope Jonah is okay! I am paitently waiting for the next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 3, 2013
Last Updated on January 4, 2013
Tags: science fiction, mothers, shame, chapter, short, mystery, drama


Author

Emma Marie Taylor
Emma Marie Taylor

Muncie, IN



About
I am fifteen years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and writing is my passion. I love poetry, books, novellas, short stories, limericks, lyrics, stories, journals, blogs, chapters, etc. I lov.. more..

Writing