Shameless Chapter Six

Shameless Chapter Six

A Chapter by Emma Marie Taylor

They make me go to school the next day. "It'll be good for you, get your mind off of things, " Mr. Finnly said. I don't care anymore, really. Maybe he's right, after all.

The school's hallways are crowded, with barely any room for me to squeeze through. Wiggling through a crowd of girls with 'HexaWar Survivalist' shirts on, I stop at locker 262, and spin in my combination. I wipe at my eyes, trying to pat down the puffiness. I don't want to look like I've been crying, even if I don't like any of the people in this place. I tuck a strand of brown hair behind my ear, and pull out my books. A note softly falls to the ground at my feet.

Great,  I think to myself, my day just keeps getting better and better. Carefully opening the yellowing sheet of paper, i read the wobbly letters written in heavy black letters.  I know where you were last night.

I choke back a gag. My heartbeat quickens, and I slam my locker shut, and speed walk down the hall, looking for an escape. I bump into someone, and their face turns from an angry one to a face of a demon, the mouth melted and molded together with stretched holes around their white face. I glance around, and more demons come, all watching me.

I walk faster.

The only place I know to go is the supply closet. Wedging my way in between the rows of old books and paper, i open the letter again. I know where you were last night.

A shudder of breath escapes me, and grasp at my hair, my eyes wide, staring at my knees. I can't breathe. Get ahold of yourself, Clara. You're stronger than this, my internal voice yells. I gulp. The voice is right.

I've been through much worse crap before, I can handle this. I take a deep breath and open the note again. Maybe there is something hidden in the letters.

Suddenly, the door opens and a shadow blocks the doorway. I shove the note in the pocket of my hoodie and try my best to look innocent. Jonah stands staring at me with those big blue eyes of his. "I...I was just leaving..." I say, standing up off the stack of paper. I shrug on my bag and as I am heading out, I stop the doorway beside him, staring straight forward, I can feel his eyes on me.

"See you in class," he says. Its the first time I've ever heard him speak, but something about it plucks a nerve in my brain.

"Yeah," I say, looking down, "See you in class."


© 2012 Emma Marie Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting ... Was she hallucinating with the demon faces?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emma Marie Taylor

11 Years Ago

Yeah, and thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Added on September 14, 2012
Last Updated on September 14, 2012
Tags: science fiction, mothers, shame, chapter, short, mystery, drama


Author

Emma Marie Taylor
Emma Marie Taylor

Muncie, IN



About
I am fifteen years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and writing is my passion. I love poetry, books, novellas, short stories, limericks, lyrics, stories, journals, blogs, chapters, etc. I lov.. more..

Writing