Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Courtney Elizabeth

          I hesitate to pick up the phone afraid of what I heard in school that day. Is it true? Did he really do that to his previous girl friend? I pick up the phone anyways, trying to fight my fears. Wanting the truth, I tell him about what I had heard that day at school and ask if it really was a rumor. He sighs and explains everything to me. As I listen to his painful words, a tear runs down my cheek. Not wanting him to hear my cries, I swiftly wipe it away. I wait until he finishes what he has to say before I slam the phone down on the receiver. I run upstair as tear start streaming down my red, hot face. I throw myself on my bed with my head face down on my pillow. My parents weren't here tonight, as usual. They were at another bar with their, so called, friends. I realize my eye liner is running when I wipe my face and see the eye liner come off along with my tears. My eyes start to drift closed. I jerk them back open, not wanting to fall asleep. I keep trying to fight my tired eyes to stay open, but a few minutes later, I fail and my eyes drift closed and I I fall into a short sleep.

         It is now seven o'clock when I wake up to the phone ringing. I don't dare to go downstairs, scared of the thought if I answer the phone, it will be him. I sit up and wipe the dry tear off of my face. I lay back down, this time facing my dull ceiling of my small, bare room. I examine the colors on my ceiling. Gray, black, and a bit of white some where in there. I look around my room at what little I have. My dresser, my night stand with a little alarm clock sitting on top of it, and my mattress where I sit most of my days, with a thin blanket and pillow laying on it. I lay there thinking. Thinking about the up coming day. I remember how before today, everyday at free period he would take be behind the school on the back wall. We would usually just make out, but now I was incredibly terrified about what he might try to do in the future when he takes me there. I can't bare to think about what he did to his previous girl friend and how it could and might happen to me as well.

     I wake up once again. I look at the clock. It reads ten o'clock p.m.. I hear the phone ring, once again. This time I go right down stairs and answer it. It is not him, it is clearly my parents. I could tell that they were drunk as they told me they wouldn't be coming home tonight. I tell them okay then hang up. I start to go back upstairs to my room, but I stop in my steps thinking back to the conversation I had with him that very night. My heart races at the thought of what could happen to me. I run upstairs once again and cry on my pillow for the rest of the night. I eventually fall asleep into a deeper sleep then before, dreaming about a life of mine where everything was perfect.



© 2009 Courtney Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on November 5, 2009
Last Updated on December 14, 2009


Author

Courtney Elizabeth
Courtney Elizabeth

Some Where Knew All The Time :'(, ME



About
The names Courtney. I love writing. Its like my passion. Along with basketball. But my world is all about my best friends. Blake, your amazing. i love how your always here for me when im in a tough si.. more..

Writing