Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Courtney Elizabeth

        I get to the school and enter quickly. I knew that everyone knew about what had happened to me the previous week, because they were all looking at me. They weren't just looking, they were starring. It felt good to be noticed, in a way. Since, I'm always just another fly on the wall most days. In a way, though, it didn't feel good either. I saw him. I start walking faster trying to get away from him, but he starts running. He is faster then me and catches up. He takes me by the arm and pulls me close to him, making other people in the halls think that he was hugging me. He was, but not a loving hug a couple usually does. As he hugged me I felt his breath on my skin as he whispered in my ear,  “Don't tell anyone that I did to you last week, and I don't tell anyone that you were trying to rape me.” 

        I pull away harshly and hurry to my first class. I usually want my classes to go by fast. Today was different, I wanted them to go by as fast as they possibly could. They did. My classes dragged on and on for what seemed like hours. Finally it was free period. It was like a blizzard outside so we couldn't go out for free period. When I found this out, a huge smile came across my face at the thought of not seeing the back wall of the school today, or his fist coming towards my face and hitting me hard. Instead, we had to stay in our advisory room. When it was over, it was lunch time. Lunch dragged on, too. That was usual, though. I sit alone at lunch. So, it's always like that.

         At last the last bell rings. I use as less time as I can. Right when I got my stuff, I jolted out the door into the cold wind and snow. The dismissal bell hasn't rang yet so I was most likely going to get spoken to the next day at school. I didn't care, though. All I wanted to do is get home. Away from his face, away from school, away from everything.

        As I walk down the road, cars go by me and the slush from the road spits up onto my pant legs. “ Ugh...” I complain as I wipe it off. I get about a block from my house, then I hear a truck approaching. I  promptly know whose truck it is. It's his. My boy friend's. He slows down as he gets closer to me. He rolls down the passenger seat window. “ Hey babe! Get in! “ He exclaims over the wind. 

        “ Um... I- I can't. I mean, I don't need a ride, thanks. I like walking.“ I lie. 

        “ Oh come on, hun. I   can bring you home. Really, it's not a big deal.“ 

        “  I said no, okay? Just...just go on.“ I raise my voice a little. 

        “ Fine, Fine, okay. I just wanted to know if you wanna go out to eat or something this Friday? “    

He asks politely. 

        “ I don't know.“ 

        “ Oh please. Look, I'm sorry for what I did, and how I threatened you earlier today. I just love you os much and I don't want you to make any stupid mistakes.“ He replies. 

        I sigh and quickly but cautiously get into the truck. I close the door and say nothing. As he lifts off the brake and stats down the road, I do nothing except look out the wind shield at the falling snow. 

        “ So... you wanna go out to eat or something this Friday?“ He repeats the question.

       I take a minute to think, hard about my answer. 

        “ Okay, but I have to b home by nine... okay?“ 

        “ Nine thirty? Please? I promise you will be on time, hun.“ 

        “ Okay. Nine thirty, but that's the latest.” I say with a fake smile on my face.

 


© 2009 Courtney Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on November 7, 2009


Author

Courtney Elizabeth
Courtney Elizabeth

Some Where Knew All The Time :'(, ME



About
The names Courtney. I love writing. Its like my passion. Along with basketball. But my world is all about my best friends. Blake, your amazing. i love how your always here for me when im in a tough si.. more..

Writing