Chapter 27

Chapter 27

A Chapter by Courtney Elizabeth
"

yea...

"
 I stand there in the room, pacing back and forth, thinking. Nothing comes. I guess the only thing to do now is wait. It gets to about seven o'clock at night and no one has come in since Victor brought me my sandwich and drink. I sit there for twenty more minutes until Victor comes in again.
  "How are you-"
  "When can I go home?" I interrupt rudely. 
   "Well, at this point in time I am not to sure.'
   "What do you mean you're not sure! I want to get out of here!" I scream at him.
  He looks at me in surprise. Like he would not have expected me to blow up on him like that. I slouch down in the dentist chair as Victor gets closer.
  "Look, I know how you feel. You know how I got here? My girl friend used to abuse me. Not as bad as Billy abused you but she did abuse me pretty bad. I never got out, to tell you the truth."
   My heart stopped beating at that comment. My life is officially over, I think to myself. He hears me gulp and places a soft hand on my bruised, sore back.
  "I know what you are thinking, Oh my life is over, this sucks. Well, It;s not over. It's far from over. I promise" He says to me repeatedly. My mind is not convinced. I sigh and slouch in the chair even more. Victor leaves with a gentle pat on my back, which hurt even though he did it so softly a normal person probably could not have felt it. I sit there, feeling alone and out of place in this world. I don't know what to do at this point in time. I sit up as an idea strikes my mind.
  I can go over to the door and wait until someone comes. There is obviously more people that work in such a big building. I can go over to the door and look out the little peep hole and wait until someone comes.
   I follow my plan and go over to the door. I look out the peep hole into the long hallway. I was right, there is another person working here. He is in the hall looking into a door. I start banging on the door. He comes over and looks into the peep hole. He must think I am crazy considering he turned right back around and started what was almost a run.
  "Wait!" I yell aloud. He did not hear me and kept on running. I lean against the door and slide down. This is hopeless, I tell myself. Then I hear a knock on the door. My eyes widen as I immediately stand up. I look through the peep hole. The same guy as there that ran away just a minute ago. I looked down and I saw he was holding a key in his hand. I smiled slightly. He wen tot unlock the door. The door opened and I went to thank him gratefully, but before i could he shoved me back in the room.
  "No one is to know I did this for you. Now get out. Get out now!" He yells in a rush as he shoves me forward.
  "But I-"
  "No! Go now!" He replies without me being able to finish.
  I run out of the door and down the long hallway. I look ahead and see a door. It is open, so I head right for it. I go through the door and down the stairwell. It is dark. I see nothing.


© 2010 Courtney Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on February 2, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2010


Author

Courtney Elizabeth
Courtney Elizabeth

Some Where Knew All The Time :'(, ME



About
The names Courtney. I love writing. Its like my passion. Along with basketball. But my world is all about my best friends. Blake, your amazing. i love how your always here for me when im in a tough si.. more..

Writing