Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Courtney Elizabeth

          I wake up the next morning. It's quiet. To quiet. I go downstairs, still wearing the clothes from the day before. I look in the kitchen. There are beer bottles, wine bottles and glasses everywhere. I can't even imagine why my parents would come home last night and leave the house like this. I try to think of where they could have gone.

         Neglect. The word comes into my mind, just like it has everyday since I was about five years old. My parents automatically thought that I could do everything on my own as soon as my fifth birthday came along. I've been basically on my own since then.

         I head back upstairs to my room to change for school. I strip out of my clothes that I slept in from the day before. I step into my worn out blue jeans that I got with my own money from a thrift store in town. I pull my solid blue tee-shirt over my head and pull my long, brown hair out of my shirt. I slip my sneakers on that I've had since two years ago. My toes got crunched up where my shoe ended because they were obviously to small. In the past I have complained to my parents about getting me new shoes, but I stopped last year when I finally realized all they cared about was getting drunk and going out to bars and acting stupid in front of their also drunk "friends." 

          I go back downstairs and try to find something to satisfy my grumbling stomach at least until lunch time. I look in the  cupboard and find a have eaten donut in the opened box, another bear bottle with just a little bit of beer left inside of it, and I few pieces of lucky charm cereal. I don't dare eat the donut, afraid of how old it was. Instead I just drank some water out of the faucet in the sink. I wiped my mouth with a paper towel and went into the living room to get my back pack which contain my homework I hadn't done the night before despite of the phone call from my lying boy friend. I swung it around my shoulder and headed out the door into the gloomy day that was waiting for me ahead. 

                  



© 2009 Courtney Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Courtney, I love how you write! I don't know what it is, but every time I read your chapters it just makes me want to read more. And that is exactly what a good writer should have! So hurry up and start writing more man!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2009


Author

Courtney Elizabeth
Courtney Elizabeth

Some Where Knew All The Time :'(, ME



About
The names Courtney. I love writing. Its like my passion. Along with basketball. But my world is all about my best friends. Blake, your amazing. i love how your always here for me when im in a tough si.. more..

Writing