New Country

New Country

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Fifteen

I woke up in a white plane and I looked over to see Daniel. “We are leaving the country.” He told me simply.

“Where’s Eli?” I forced.

“He was captured.” He whispered looking away and I jumped up and attacked him. “He knew the risk when he agreed. We are going to save him Bree.” He promised after he had me stuck under him on the ground. I stopped struggling so much at that but I just looked at him. “Now Ethan and the others took a faster plane back so that you had time to deal with your emotions. By the time we reach the new country…”

“New Country?” I whispered.

“There’s a country of vampires. There are apparently a lot of them. We are going to a more civilized country.” He explained before continuing with what he was saying, “You will have to be completely under control of your emotions before we reach the new country or the stress will be too much to keep the pregnancy.”

“I just lost not only my husband but Soul Mate.” I snapped, “Leave me alone.”

“We saved Austin and Elizabeth.” He told me getting my mind off track. I just looked at him ignoring the fact that he wasn’t getting off of me. “They bombed your district. They didn’t need it anymore.” I comforted myself knowing that I would be holding my sister in just a few minutes and then refused to think about Eli and a few minutes later he sat me back in my chair.

“Bree!!!” Elizabeth yelled running and hugging me close she was almost my height but I couldn’t focus on that when she asked her question. “Where’s Eli?” She whispered and everybody shook their heads pulling her away and sticking me in a hospital.

“I want my sister.” I warned the Nurse when I woke up again and they took off to find her.

“Bree…” She whispered softly and I took her in my arms. She seemed to understand that I wasn’t holding her for her comfort but for mine and she just let me hold her close. Austin came in a few minutes later and looked at me sadly. I realized then that I had tears falling down my face and so I gave him Elizabeth and he took her out before walking back in and moving up into the bed and putting me in his chest.

“Why are her arms scarred?” I whispered.

“She was in a fire from the bombs.” Austin whispered to me and more tears fell. “She’s okay, Bree.” He promised, “I got to her in time. The only thing she is worried about is you and Eli. The doctors here are pushing her growth forward so that soon she will be physically old enough to change and then the scars will be gone.” He promised me but I shook my head.

“I’m not ready to lose her.” I whispered to him. “Please tell them to wait.”

“Bree… she looked at her scars like you did before they promised her that she would change soon and that they would need to see the scars to see how close she was. You have to let her change.” He whispered but I saw he was hiding something.

“But then she’ll be yours.” I whispered looking up at him and begging him to understand, “She’s the last person I have.”

“You’ll have your baby soon.” He promised me and I put my hand on my stomach realizing that it had grown. “You were asleep for a couple months. They have been trying to get your nutrition perfect. So that the baby will be healthier.” He explained and I just turned over letting my tears go into a pillow.

“Get the emotions under control.” Daniel’s voice came and I snarled. “I’m serious.”

“And I seriously hate you so get out.” I snapped at him and Austin laughed. Cally came in after him and I just looked at her. “How could you let Eli do this?” I whispered, “How could you let them take him?”

“I didn’t have a choice. He wouldn’t listen to me about the fact that you would end up losing the baby without him. He wouldn’t listen to anybody but Ethan and Daniel because this was their plan and they assured him that once he got you here… nobody would ever hurt you again.”

I stood up then and walked out of the hospital. I realized that I was in a big baggy dress but just kept walking ignoring everybody’s looks. “What were you hiding about Elizabeth?” I asked Austin when he caught up.

“She has more damage than just the scars… damage that only a change will fix. She had a lot of internal damage that causes her a lot of pain but…”

“Bree?” Elizabeth whispered but I saw the pain on her face and pulled her into my side.

“I hear that you’re trying to catch up with you big sis.” I told her and she smiled some.

“They promised me that all of my scars will be gone after the change.” She explained moving so that she was between me and Austin but Austin carefully pulled us to a stop and took her arm massaging it slowly. I watched as the pain faded on her face and sighed.

“It helps get the blood moving again.” Austin told me and I nodded before screaming. Everybody in the hall turned to look but I just fell to the floor.

“The baby…” A nurse smiled running over but I saw the tears in my stomach and she backed up. “That’s how…” She whispered and suddenly a formally dressed woman was standing beside me.

“Nurse, get her some blood.” The woman said.

“Yes President McGuire.” The nurse smiled and she ran out of the hallway. She was back a few minutes later with a box of blood but I ignored her running my fingers over my blood covered baby. “Switch me.” The nurse told me and she handed me blood but the baby wouldn’t let go of me and I smiled as it took it’s teeth to the blood bag and bit into it. I took another bag and started to drink smiling as I watched my baby turn brighter and livelier.

“May I clean her now?” The nurse asked but I realized that she was holding a needle and that my stomach was stitched up.

“Hi baby girl…” I whispered picking her up and she smiled at me. “You have to get a bath now.” I told her softly and handed her to the Nurse.

“Bree?” Elizabeth asked me and I turned to her. “What’s my niece’s name?”

“I don’t know.” I whispered, “I’ve never had a chance to talk to Eli about it.” I looked at her and then pulled her down beside me still too weak to stand.

“I think you and the baby will both feel more comfortable in bed.” Chelsea told me and so I nodded trying to stand. Daniel and Simon both took me though and so I moved over to Simon letting him carry me back to the hospital.

“I thought that we would be able to get Eli too.” Simon whispered to me, “He made me promise though while we were hunting that if it ever came down to saving only one of the two of you that I would save you. He promised he would take care of himself.” I wished that I could fight him but I knew that Eli would make anybody he could promise that because that was Eli.

“Thank you for trying.” I whispered to Simon. “I can count on you in a few weeks when the baby is strong enough to be left with Elizabeth to help me go save him right?” I whispered and he nodded.

“I’m assuming that you aren’t going to let me convince you to stay here and let us save him right?”

“I already let you guys protect him once and you see where that got us.” I warned and he flinched but nodded sitting me down on the bed. I smiled when the Nurse placed my baby in my arms. “Hi baby girl…” I whispered holding her.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell