Kidnapped

Kidnapped

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Twenty-Two

“Soldier Hampton.” Commander Paylor said one morning. I wasn’t sure how long it had been since Rose had died but I wasn’t willing to talk to find out the date. I knew that it was winter again and since she’d died in the summer… I knew it had been a while.

“She’s still not talking.” Eli told him.

“Soldier Hampton you are to report back to training immediately.” Commander Paylor told me and I nodded following him but feeling Eli following us too. That afternoon for the first time since Rose had died I was able to function and I even turned out to be a good soldier.

“Do you want dinner?” Eli whispered and I nodded. He sighed some of the tension he’d held onto since Rose’s death leaving. He carried my plate for me and then we sat down beside Austin and Elizabeth.

“How are you feeling?” Elizabeth whispered. I shook my head and they all knew that I wasn’t going to even listen to talk about my feelings. She nodded and just put her head on my shoulder. I felt her pain before she even flinched and quickly took her arm and started to massage.

“You’ll change soon.” Austin promised her softly and I stood up leaving as Dad joined the table.

“I thought you were going to talk to her.” Dad snapped at Eli.

“In order for us to talk she’d have to speak.” Eli snapped letting some of his stress come out as anger at Dad, “Since she’s not doing that then talking will have to wait.” He joined me then and wrapped his arm around my waist. I put my head on his shoulder and he smiled before kissing my head and leading me back to training.

It was a few weeks later that the alarm was sounded and I was sent into battle for the first time. We were being attacked by the country next to us and I was quickly placed on top of a building with a gun and arrow shooting the other vampires with bullets that would explode inside them and arrows with fire.

I didn’t notice at first that anybody was behind me but then I turned around and found one of the enemy. They knocked me out and when I came through I was sitting in a dark room and was scared of everything.

“Hello Ms. Paylor. Maybe I should call you Mrs. Hampton…” I screamed bloody murder at that name and jumped up attacking him. “She’s done.” The vampire told somebody and suddenly I was on a plane. I was dropped right back into the country and suddenly Elizabeth was there holding me.

“Let’s get you to the hospital wing.” She whispered, “You look horrible.” I shook my head feeling a fear that I knew was irrational but she let go and let me walk on my own.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell