Daddy meets Baby

Daddy meets Baby

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Nineteen

“Eli?” Austin asked when we walked into the hospital wing. Eli’s eyes were on the sleeping figure in the corner.

“Bree?” Eli whispered.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I snapped and suddenly Rose was crying. I smiled walking over to where Elizabeth was waking up. “I’ve got her.” I promised Elizabeth. “You sleep.” She jumped up and ran over to Eli though wrapping her arms around him.

“Bree doesn’t like Daddy anymore.” Elizabeth looked up at him and I flinched. “Why doesn’t she Eli?” She requested.

“I don’t know yet.” Eli promised her, “I’ll try to fix it though.” He continued picking her up and sitting her in bed. “You’ve grown quite a bit.”

“They are pushing my change forward.” She smiled up at him and he looked over at me worriedly. I walked over though and passed him Rose.

“Our daughter.” I said simply and he smiled lifting her up to look at her close. She started to cry and I just took her hand and put it on my neck. “Daddy.” I told her simply, “He’s your daddy.” She stopped crying and her thoughts turned questioning.

“Rosalie?” Eli questioned holding her closer as she calmed and eventually fell asleep in his arms.

“After your sister.” I nodded and he pulled me into his side.

“Do you need to leave?” He whispered following my eyes over to Dad. I nodded slowly and he kept me close as we walked out of the hospital.

“You must be Eli.” President McGuire smiled.

“Eli this is President McGuire.” I explained and he smiled taking her hand.

“Bree I have set your apartment up. You are on the top floor. I know how much you enjoy the roof so your room has direct access to it.” I smiled and looked up at Eli who just smiled back down at me. We walked up to the apartment and put Rose to bed before walking upstairs to the roof.

“So you spend a lot of time up here?” Eli asked.

“Only since Rose was born. They had to put me to sleep for most of the remainder of the pregnancy because I couldn’t control my emotions.” I whispered and he pulled me into his chest. “Eli?” I whispered looking up at him. “Why can’t I even stand to look at him?”

“Because you are angry.” He whispered knowing that I was talking about Dad. “He left you alone and parentless. Stole your childhood. Made it where Elizabeth never got to know her parents. You are angry because of his decision to stay here instead of coming back to you.” He explained and tightened his arms, “That hurt and anger won’t go away easily.” He whispered comfortingly and I just put my face in his chest.

“I missed you.” I whispered and felt his smile in my hair.

“I have a question for you Bree.” He whispered and I looked up. “How are you handling them pushing Elizabeth’s change forward?”

“I have no choice. She was in the bombs Eli. She caught on fire and has damage that only a change will fix. Her veins in her arms don’t let the blood flow right and half the time she’s even too scared to hold Rose because she’s afraid the pain will hit while she’s holding her and she’ll drop her.”

“You know about that pain.” He nodded and I looked up quickly. “I’ve known since a few weeks after we got together that a lot of the time it was pain that woke you up and then it was the second and third time you wake up at nights that is nightmares and then the rest are pain.”

“You had it down to a science?”

“Yes. The reason I massaged whatever spot you were favoring when you woke up.” He whispered and I just held myself to him.

“Well now you know why I can’t take the chance of her waiting.” I shrugged and he lifted my chin kissing me softly. I held on closer when he pulled away and he smiled kissing me again. He pulled away after a few minutes and led me down into our apartment and to bed. I giggled when he ran his fingers down my sides and he smiled kissing me again.

“I’ll get her.” Eli promised when Rose’s cries woke us up. I smiled and just watched as he walked into the nursery and started to rock her while he walked around the apartment. “You were supposed to be sleeping.” He chastised when he walked in a few minutes later. “She was just hungry.” He explained.

“You get her thoughts too don’t you?” I questioned and he nodded with a smile. I smiled back and just kissed him softly. “It must be because we are her parents.” I whispered over his lips and he shook his head putting a finger over his lips. I smiled eagerly and just kissed him and he smiled.


© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell