Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

The reason...

"

     For two years, I have been writing this story. Or should I say collection of stories? It seems to read like a blog, but some of what was written has come from my blog. I never began typing anything until Ahmed traveled back home.

     In my blog, I have written about the injustices toward different cultures here in America. I have written about how Arabs are mistreated by their own people as well as Americans. I have written about my fascination with various faiths on this very planet. 

     I have always loved this culture and I still was unaware of so many aspects of Arabic culture until I met my friend. I have only studied Egypt for the past 20 years. I was only aware of the wars that have occurred in Iraq since 1990. I never heard of the word Arabic Nations. So, you can imagine my intrigue when it was first mentioned to me.

     I earned a communications degree at University of Phoenix. My courses consisted of cultural communication. Communicating with Arabs was not really a topic that anyone had discussed. The only thing that was communicated is gender inequality and that they pray five times a day. 

     I never really intended on letting the world know what my opinion was when I was writing in my notebook. So much has happened since October 2014. I was frightened when my friend went back home. I thought his life was in danger. In order to find comfort, I began to write and publish chapters from my notebook on Writers Cafe. 

     Since I am a wishful thinker, my hopes is that this does become published. My intention is to let the world know that there is an American who adores them. I want people to know that there are people who are more than willing to communicate with them. My hope is to open the minds of others. 

     I want to share my experience with others and let them know what I understand. I want others to know what I don't understand. There is no ill intent on this story. I am not here to bash faith or deities. 

     The objective is to break a communication barrier and help America continue to be the melting pot. The objective is to help people understand that this has happened before time and time again. History repeats itself; life sucks....it does not have to. 

     I placed it under religion because there was not a spiritual option. I wrote this from a spiritual standpoint. It is from what I have learned growing up as a Nazerene, as a child, and experience as an adult. 



© 2015 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on January 24, 2015
Last Updated on March 13, 2015


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer