Vote For Me

Vote For Me

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

Who effing cares??

"

     We are all lucky that we have the right to vote. So many people take this for granted. Our families have fought for these rights and I think that is one of the rights that we do not take advantage of. Why is it that we work so hard to make a change only to forget about it completely?

     I think it is important to know what your rights are. I think it is important to take advantage of your rights. I don’t mean manipulate the system; I mean do what your rights entitle you to do. It is the way to be an American because that is what makes you free. It is what makes you feel special and dignified.

     Right now, the only thing that is going to save America is voting. The only thing that is going to save our country is a good candidate. Right now, we have clowns running to be the next candidate and the only thing I can say is that we are doomed. We support idiots.

     One fine example is Butch Otter. He was up against a tough competitor and I was certain that he was going to win and turn our state around. I voted for the other guy because I was sick of Otter wasting our tax money on bigotry. As many people who complained about Otter, not very many showed up to vote. Not everyone is registered to vote due to age and belief in the government system, but there are people who are registered and not everyone voted. Needless to say, Butch Otter won and people are complaining about it. Why didn’t you come out and vote? You need to vote, otherwise shut-up.

     The votes in Idaho may not seem to matter. During Obama’s second run, a huge percentage voted for Romney. Why is this? It is because Idaho is a Republican state? Is it because a majority of the population in Idaho is LDS? People may speculate, but I think it is because people were sick of Obama.

     The part about what faith politicians follow is what kills me. Think about this, there was a time when Mormons were lynched. There was a time when Americans did not want a Mormon as a president of our country. John Smith was running for president against Abraham Lincoln.

     During this time, and we still think this way, people were outraged at Mormons. They chased them from state to state because they thought that they were all polygamists. John Smith was arrested and was awaiting trial when a lynch mob got him and lynched him. People still dislike Mormons. Citizens in Meridian, Idaho went on a tangent about a Mormon temple stating it was too big and too close.

     Romney was a Mormon; did we really have a change of heart? Had he won, would we be complaining about how Mormons were trying to take over our country instead of complaining about Muslims? Obama was not a Muslim, so I it makes me wonder what rhetoric would have occurred. In fact, what will happen after a new president is in office? It is quite clear to me that it really doesn’t matter, does it?

     The media had published an article about Ben Carson stating that we should not trust a Muslim as a president of our country. He stated that the Quran should be re-written. Hey, while we are at it, why don’t we re-write the Bible again? Violent stories exist in every faith, doesn’t it?

     People are so held up with ruling America with Sharia Law. Why is everyone so worried? Is everyone afraid that people will use it against those who used Christianity to create laws? Sharia Law is basically laws based on Islam. Our country has laws and politicians ruling our country supposedly based on Christianity.

     People are trying to shroud this fact. For example, people are trying to tell others that they want to ban abortion because they do not believe in murder. Is this not based on a Christian belief? To be quite honest, in most cases preventing an abortion may kill the mother. People are not minding their own business and creating obstacles that can potentially be deadly because it initially was against their Christian values.

     What about same sex marriage? Kim Davis is defiant because of her Christian beliefs. When it comes time to vote, everyone who can vote really should. If you don’t want being ruled by Sharia Law, you certainly don’t want to be ruled by Christian law. It would be hypocritical and a violation of religious rights in our country.

     To be quite honest, if I voted based on faith I would prefer the pope. Pope Francis seems to be a kind and smart person. In fact, I want to vote for a Buddhist president because the faith seems to be more peaceful and accepting. Perhaps, we should vote for someone who is a Sikh because they do not believe in causing harm to others and promote kindness. Again, it doesn’t really matter. Our country is about freedom of religion and people have fled here due to religious persecution on numerous occasions.

     I do not care what faith you follow. I do not care what faith our president follows. The only thing I want is something that I should seek in a man. I want someone who is kind, smart, and considerate. I want someone with an open mind. I want someone with worldly knowledge and respect. I want someone who is not going to tell me how to live my life because of what his or her Christian beliefs are. What about my religious right not to practice faith or your faith? I want someone to re-write the health reform so it is not mandatory because eventually I am going to be in a position where I cannot afford it.

     The individuals who are running for president are not even focused. Do you really want someone running our country who cannot focus on real problems? During the latest presidential debate, nobody was paying attention to the most important issues at hand. Instead, they are being distracted by the most ignorant and arrogant person of all. That individual is Donald Trump. Who really cares if he is rich? The only thing he is concerned about is Mexicans and Muslims. What else can he really do for us? Nothing and I know this because I see he is avoiding those more important questions.

     We really need to be paying attention. Most importantly, we need to go out and vote. America is about freedom of religion. America should be about freedom. America should be about the freedom to choose. America should not be about hate and fighting. Everyone has a different perspective of America. Choice is the biggest perspective. Go out and vote. Our country is depending on it.

           



© 2015 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on September 21, 2015
Last Updated on September 27, 2015


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5