Nursing Home for Terrorists

Nursing Home for Terrorists

A Chapter by Jennifer

     I was listening to a report about how Obama will implement a plan to deal with ISIS and it never goes anywhere. Despite the fact that Obama's plans are never well implemented, terrorism will keep going with or without him. It is something that has happened for quite some time. I think I know why.
     The saddest part about terrorist acts is that they will continue. They will ultimately go unresolved. I believe it is because the terrorists have a chance to live their lives to the fullest before they are punished. Nothing is done until they are elderly.
     When we are dealing with violence, hatred, or terrorism, nothing is done about it. Naturally, we turn something bad into something political. Something may be done about it, but it will be later down the road. Nothing was done about how we treated and treat the Native Americans. Nothing was done about us kidnapping Africans and selling them into slavery. It is pointless since our ancestors did it, but we can learn from their mistakes can't we?
     I was thinking about this the other day. I remember reading some articles years ago about an elderly Japanese woman earned her diploma. Her family was sent to an internment camp when she was in high school and never earned her diploma while she was a teenager.
     It makes me feel bad because this person did not get a chance until she was elderly. There were so many opportunities that she may have missed without a high school diploma. There is not much you can do without one. She may have missed on employment opportunities or even furthering her education. 
     It makes me wonder what she did with her life. Did she have a job? Did she simply become a housewife? I wonder if there are others who missed out on life because of intermittent camps. I wonder who else faced this negative impact due to concentration camps. These people didn't do anything wrong except for being born Japanese. These people didn't do anything wrong except for being raised by a Jewish family. 
     What kills me is the fact that whoever carried out these acts are not punished until 20 to 70 years down the road. Anyone who was involved with terrorist acts and murder live their lives. Some went into hiding and lived in other countries. They had a chance to raise a family and get an education. Did any of these people live without feeling guilty?
     Oskar Groening was a book keeper at a concentration camp. He was on trial for being an accessory to the murder of 300,000 Jews. This was something that happened 70 years ago and they are just now putting him on trial? How many more Nazi's are living their lives while everyone else is suffering? How does anyone let this happen for so long?
     Things were different then and Jews were thought of as a minority worldwide. It makes me wonder if people still believe that Jews are a minority. It doesn't make sense because it is a faith; not a race. What exactly was it that made him stay and keep his job if he could not tolerate what he had witnessed?
     He claimed that he asked to be moved to a different location. It makes me wonder what would have happened if he took action to stop this travesty. It is possible he would have been shot or arrested himself. Were there any people who became Nazis who had a change of heart and fled?
     Today, there are people who were members of ISIS who went through plenty of trouble to leave the group. If anyone joins and attempts to break ties, they are murdered. There are some people in hiding who made an effort to leave the group. What is going to happen to these individuals? They witnessed the tragedies that made them change their minds. I think it is even possible that they committed some of those vicious acts. 
     If ISIS is ever defeated, nothing may ever happen to the people who participated.  Judging from the weak legal system and poor leadership, nothing is going to happen. If they change leadership and strengthen the legal system, how long will it be until these people are punished? 
    Apparently, ISIS is taking advantage of the fact that we are refusing to learn from mistakes that we made in the past. We have the same level of hatred that we did toward Jews that we do to Muslims. This cycle is repeating itself. 
     Here we are, hating Muslims in America. Islamophobia is spreading like a wildfire around the globe. Once again, innocent men, women, and children are being murdered for what faith they practice. People are being murdered and nothing is being done. Christians and Muslims alike are being killed. Jews, Christians, and Muslims are being targeted.
     Occasionally, I catch people glorifying what ISIS is doing. I read a report about how the military experts were impressed with ISIS's tactics. We are clearly encouraging them to continue terrorizing everyone. 
     Terrorism continues because there is no justice for the innocent. Historically, we have encouraged it and we are encouraging it again. After we are done encouraging this behavior, we punish them when they are elderly. 
     I cannot wrap my head around it. Could it be that we think that children will be children? We are adults and need to deal with this matter like adults. Or could it be that we want to terrorize these people when they are too old to defend themselves? Karma is a b***h, but everyone is suffering. The victims need justice while they are still young and know that people care about them. 

     


© 2015 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on April 23, 2015
Last Updated on April 25, 2015


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer