Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Jennifer

     Max was looking through the luggage in the back of the car. Trent looked back and watched him for a second. He turned on the flashlight on his phone.

     “Oh, thanks,” said Max.

     “What are you doing?” asked Trent.

     “I’m looking for the tent,” he started moving the suitcases out of the car.

     “Why?” asked Trent. “We will just be buried in the snow.”

     Max grumbled and put the suitcases back in the car. He handed sleeping bags to everyone. Magda unzipped the sleeping bag and wrapped herself in it.

     They talked about school and graduation. Then they became aware of the fact nobody has passed them. Not even a police officer has been down the road.

     “That is so weird that we only saw that cowboy,” Magda stated.

     “Did we go down a blocked road?” Dana wondered.

     “I hope not,” said Trent. “That would really suck for us.”

     “There wasn’t any sign saying the road was closed,” Max said.

     “There was that wagon said Magda.

     The car was deathly silent and then her friends said, “I didn’t see one”

     “I really don’t want to be here,” said Dana.

     “Me neither,” said Magda.

     “I wonder why they have a corn maze in the middle of nowhere,” said Max.

     They stared at the entrance of the maze. There wasn’t a soul out there. The entrance had a subtle green glow.

     “It looks like someone might be there,” said Magda.

     “I don’t know,” Dana muttered.

     “It’s possible,” said Trent. “That’s where the cowboy went.”

     “Could he be the owner of the house?” asked Dana.

     “He is a jerk if he is,” said Magda.

     “I don’t feel like going out there,” said Trent.

     “We may have made him mad when we were walking on his property,” said Dana.

     “We should go to the corn maze,” said Max. “It looks like there might be someone there.”

     Trent sighed and stared at the glowing light, “You may be right.”

     They got out of the car again. The snow was lighter at this point. It walked across the field to the maze. It didn’t appear that anyone was there.

     Trent peered into the entrance, “Hello?”

     “This is so creepy,” said Dana.

     “How do we know that this cowboy isn’t a psychopath?” Trent asked.

     There was a faint sound of indigenous music. The group looked at each other. They turn around to return to the car.

     Out of nowhere, a person was right behind them. Blood was running down his face from his eyes and mouth. The group was stunned.

     Another person reached out and grabbed at Magda’s arm. She screamed and pulled away. The bloody person began screaming and reaching for them. They scream and run to the corn maze.

     The person chased them as they ran. They kept running through the corn maze. Suddenly, they run through warm air. They are surrounded by warmth.

     They stumbled through a wall and landed on the ground. They sat quietly in shock. The sun was out and there was no snow.

     “What is this?” Max yelled.

     They stood up in the middle of the maze. The weather changed from winter weather into summer. Trent began investigating the walls that surrounded them.

     “Maybe this was what the cowboy was talking about,” said Magda.

     “What you mean?” asked Trent.

     “He said something about the devil before he left us,” she said.

     “We need to get out of here,” said Dana.

     “We need to calm down,” said Trent.

     “How are we going to do that?” Max asked. “There was some someone out there who was going to get us.”

     “We probably need to keep going this way,” Trent said. “Just walk in the opposite direction.”

     “Great, then he will be on the other side waiting for us.” Max was skeptical.

     “This might be all for Halloween,” said Trent. “Can you just calm down?”

     “There’s nobody else here,” said Dena. “Bad things have happened in corn mazes. Didn’t someone get butchered in one?”

     “That’s not what I wanted to hear right now,” said Max.

     “We really need out,” said Dana. “What about school? What about my mom?”

     Magda wrapped around arm around her shoulder, “As soon as we get out of here we will call home.”

     He looks behind them and only saw long hallway of cornstalks.

     “Let’s head back,” said Trent.

     “Why?” asked Magda.

     “There are four of us,” he said.

     “There may be more of them of him,” she said.

     “We need to get out of here, right?” Trent asked her.

     “Are you following me?” A voice boomed behind them.

     They turned around to see who it was. John was there looking at them angrily.



© 2022 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Holy s***!! This is getting wild! I was worried this story might be boring......nope!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jennifer

1 Year Ago

Thank-you!
Franky

4 Months Ago

You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
1 Review
Added on September 9, 2022
Last Updated on September 9, 2022


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer