Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

A Chapter by Jennifer

     Cassie arrived with high-tech equipment arrived at the maze. She placed strings around the corn maze and around the house. They each squared off a section a few feet wide. Each square had infrared scanner in the corner.

     Cassie was used to studying areas of historical significance. This time, she was helping search for missing children. The field almost looked like an archaeological dig site.

     She’s opened her laptop and began her search. She viewed the land with the infrared technology. Cassie had no clue what to expect. She noticed that there was a highly unusual activity inside the corn maze.

     A few lines appeared on the screen and then went blank. She figured that it was a technical issue and decided to return to the maze later.

     She proceeded to scan the rest of the field and the house. Cassie could not believe her eyes. Skeletons covered the entire property.

     “What in the world?” Cassie searched again.

     Gabiola was there watching her work. He caught a glimpse of what she’s looking at. He moved closer so he could get a better view.

     “Was there a massacre?” he asked.

     “I don’t know,” she said. “There’s no information about a massacre happening here.”

     The skeletons vanish from the screen. Cassie tapped on the keys on the keyboard. She muttered and rescanned. The skeletons were gone. She reset her laptop and got the same result.

     “Where did they go?” asked Cassie. “I know I’m not seeing things. Didn’t you see the skeletons?”

     “Yes, I did,” said Gabiola. “What about the maze?”

     “The scanners malfunctioned in the maze,” she said.

     Gabiola stared blankly at the corn maze, “Warren is probably right. If he is, we need to figure out how to he got out.”



© 2022 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on October 5, 2022
Last Updated on October 5, 2022


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer