Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Jennifer

     Katrina was worried about her son Max. This was his first trip on his own, but she did not worry at the time since he was with his friends. Now she was worried since Max and his friends seemed to vanish into thin air. Everyone was at her house waiting to hear news from the police. The children never made it to her brother’s house. They left a week ago.

     They each received a call from their child, but the call was disconnected. Nobody could track the phones. Max’s car was last seen in Mcdermitt.

     Katrina was notified that her son’s car was found in a town outside of Winnemuca. She called the parents of her sons friends. She was hoping to one day be in a setting where she was around others, but this wasn’t exactly what she had in mind.

     Yvonne sat across from her at the dining room table. Her husband, Joel, had his hand on her shoulder. Trent’s father, Mark was also there on his cell phone. Dana’s parents were on their way.

     Yvonne was giving Mark the stink eye. It seemed like he was making business calls. She sighed and smiled politely at Katrina.

     “Hopefully, they will find our children soon,” Yvonne said.

     Katrina’s cell phone broke the barrier of the awkward silence. Katrina picked it up with her shaky hand and pressed the green phone button to answer.

     “Hello?” She answered.

     There everyone stared at her intently as Katrina listened to whoever called her. She was listening with such an intense manner that made them feel nervous.

     “Okay,” she hung up and placed her phone back on the table. “He found Max’s car in Cold Springs.”

     “Do they see anything else?” Yvonne asked.

     “There is a there is luggage in the cooler,” she said. “No other sign of the children. There is a corn maze nearby. They are looking in the area to see if they may have stopped there.”

     “We should head over there and luck,” said Joel.

     “Won’t we be in the way?” asked Kristin. “It is a few hours away.”

     “I want to be there,” said Yvonne.

     Mark pulled his keys out of his pocket, “Let’s go.”



© 2022 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on September 13, 2022
Last Updated on September 13, 2022


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer