Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by Jennifer

     Schneider stopped Sandy before she got to her car. She seemed irritated.

     “I have to get to another client,” she said. “I already had to cancel on one client today.”

     “I know and I really appreciate your help. There is something else I wanted to know,” he said.

     Sandy sent a text to her client to tell them that she was running a little bit late, “I’m only doing this for you because you’re my friend.”

     “Thanks, I guess,” he said. “Do you know how long this house has been on the market?”

     “Probably a few months now,” Sandy guessed. “The house was listed by another realtor.”

     “Do you know who it is?” he asked.

     Sandy searched her phone for answers, “Looks like Nevada One. I have their contact. Here, I sent it to you.”

     “I’m just curious how there is a corn maze here when there is a vacant house,” said Schneider. “Maybe whoever is living here went missing and we don’t know it.”

     Sandy looked at the field and shivered, “That is kind of weird. The cornfield is not always here. I don’t know where that booth came from.”

     “I’m sorry, what? Never mind, I will call Nevada one,” he said. “It’s probably time to close this off.”

     He called Nevada One as Sandy left. A lady answered and transferred him to Tracy. He told her the situation and began asking questions.

     “What happened to the last homeowner?” Schneider asked.

     There is a pause and Tracy said, “Nobody really knows. There was a nice family living here. They seem to have left because bills were not being paid such as irrigation. A lien was placed on the house and ended up being put up for auction.”

     “How long ago was this?” he asked.

     “A couple years ago,” she said.

     “Do you find it strange that there is a corn maze on the property?” asked Schneider. “Do you know that there is a booth there?”

     “Now, I didn’t know that,” she said. “I do not have much information to be honest. The house has just been sitting there. Not very many people have shown interest.”

     “What about the maze?” he asked.

     “I do think it strange, but again I was unaware. I also think that it is odd how corn is sometimes there,” she said.

     “The corn isn’t always there?” he asked.

     “No, it’s not,” she said.

     “Can you remove the property from the market until the investigation is over?” he asked.

     “Yeah, it’s not going to hurt anything,” she said.

     “Thank you for your time,” he said.



© 2022 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on September 29, 2022
Last Updated on September 29, 2022


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer