Chapter 5 - Game Like World

Chapter 5 - Game Like World

A Chapter by Eisho Shu
"

Chapter four of Ascension of Dimension Legend

"

Just when I am about to be killed, I heard a man's shout.

 

Man: "Iron Edge!"

 

I am surprised by it and look at the direction, the beast did the same. Then something similar to a shock wave flies towards the beast and cut off its arm. The wound starts to regenerate like before and I can see its arm growing back.

 

Me: "This... Monster..."

 

Before the arm start to grow back, I hear a woman's voice this time.

 

Woman: "Ignite!"

 

A speck of flame also flies at the beast and burn its open wound into charcoal. When that happens, it seems to have stopped the arm from growing back. The beast starts to panic and is trying to scratch off the charcoal that is stopping its arm from growing back. Then, a man with a giant axe jumps in front of me while facing the beast.

 

Man: "You alright little girl?"

 

I am at loss of word. I may be a girl now but I am not little. Sure, compare to this man who look like 40 years old, I am much younger. I want to argue with him but this is not the time so I just give him a nod.

 

Man: "Good, You take care of those two friends of yours. Let's us deal with this guy."

 

Me: "Alright, but I have a friend over there too."

 

I point at James who is out cold near a tree.

 

Man: "I got him, just go!"

 

I don't like his tone but I can only rely on these people right now. I follow his order and move Jack and Yuuki away from the beast as far away as possible. Then I look back at the beast. There are three people dealing with the beast. The guy who told me to move Yuuki and Jack away, a young man who look around my age, and a woman who looks like in her early 20.

 

The old man with the axe easily distracts the beast while the young man cut off its limbs. Every time the beast is trying to regenerate the lost limb, the woman would burn the wound into charcoal. They work in great synergy and take down the beast within 3 minutes. Just by watch the fight, I fell to my knee by pure amazement.

 

Me: "Amazing..."

 

I said without thinking and the young man walks over.

 

Kir: "I am kir folent. May I know your name, miss?"

 

He extends his hand out to me to help me get up. I am hesitant at first but I take his hand at the end.

 

Me: "Eh? Me? I am Naoka... No, Naomi Hajiura."

 

Kir: "You alright? I have never seen anyone who remember her name wrong"

 

Me: "Sorry, it’s just so much having happened. We don't even know where we are right now."

 

Kir: "Ah... I see, no wonder the clothes you guys wear looks weird. Though I still don't understand why you get your name wrong."

 

The old man and woman walk over while carrying the horn from the beast.

 

Old Man: "Hey Kir! I know you are desperate for a girlfriend but you should let her hand go"

 

I just notice we are still holding hand. He immediately pulls his hand away from mine and start blushing. He tries to act cool by turning away with style.

 

Kir: "That is not my intention. I was just helping her up."

 

Old man: "Right, of course you are."

 

He said with doubtful eyes. Then he turns towards me

 

Dirk: "I am Dirk Irvan, nice you meet you little girl. I don't know why you guys are here in this dangerous forest but good thing we are here. Hahahaha..."

 

This guy just makes me want to punch him in the face. I have never felt this way before so this actually surprises me a little.

 

Julien: "Well I'm Julien Irvan, this idiot's wife. Well, that aside... So you guys are the dimension traveler."

 

Kir: "Ahh... You are right; they are not even trying to hide it."

 

Dirk: "Right, but they look confused. Maybe they don't know about it."

 

Kir: "But most of the worlds have some way to view their titles and stuff right?"

 

Dirk nods all the while me, Yuuki, and Jack is just confused. The three of us look at each other but none of us have any idea what they are talking about.

 

Me: "View what?"

 

Julien: "Close your eye and just try to picture a way to see your title and stats."

 

All three of us are probably thinking of the same thing. This is not a game or anything. How is it possible for us to have stats!

 

Julien: "Just do it! There are a few worlds that is not possible to do this but most world will allow everyone to see."

 

Did she just read our mind? Well, whatever the case, we will find out once we try. I close my eye trying to see if there is anything that will show my stats. Hmm? Something blurry is showing up. I try to focus on to the blur and I feel like crying... or laughing, I don't know. A game like window pops up with all my information.

 

-------------------

 

Name: Naomi Hajiura

Original Name: Naoka Hajiura

Sex: Female

Age: 18

Title: Dimension Traveler

Class: None

Combat Power: 176

Ability Power: 130

 

Health:80/80

Stamina:35/35

 

-Stats-

Strength: 7

Dexterity: 3

Intelligent: 5

Agility: 4

Constitution: 4+2

Luck: 5+5

 

-Status Effect-

-Dimension Traveler: +2 Constitution, +5 Luck

 

-Ability-

Lv1 Beauty: Your appearance is better than average

Lv3 Cool Headed: In most cases where people may lose their cool, you are able to still think clearly as long as your life is not in danger.

Lv2 Multilingual: You are able to read and speak in different language

Lv2 Medical Knowledge, you can identify common injury and perform first aid treatment well.

 

-Skill-

Lv2 Breath Control: You know the basic of breathing technique for combat.

Lv2 Sharp Vision: You are able to notice every movement if you focus hard on it

Lv3 Sword Mastery: You are a swordsman. It is possible to learn grade D or lower sword skill.

 

-------------------

 

Okay really now... This is not some kind of RPG game and we are clearly in real life world right now. What is with this kind of stats showing up. One thing I am a bit happy about is the beauty ability. If this is really a different world, at least I don't want to be ugly in this world's view. 

 

I open my eyes and ask my friend if they see them. Then I see Kir checking out Yuuki up close as if he is lusting over her.

 

Me: "What are you doing?"

 

Kir immediately distances himself from Yuuki and Dirk walks over and pulls him away.

 

Dirk: "Sorry about that. This guy likes to check out girls whenever we are not looking. Anyways, did you manage to see your stats?"

 

Around the time Dirk finish talking, Yuuki and Jack both open their eyes. They look completely confuse with a face tell me "What in the world is going on?" I have no idea either but it's clear they see it too. Me, Yuuki, and Jack nod in respond. Around this time, James wake up and we have to explain everything. At the end, it looks like he is able to see his stats too. After we get that out of the way, Dirk resumes his explanation.

 

He starts explaining things one by one. Most of the things are self-explanatory but the thing with Combat Power and Ability Power confused us. He said Combat power is our ability to fight and that value depends on our stats.

 

Stats like strength and such will grant 2 points into our combat power for every point in there. We ask about our title giving us bonus to our constitution and luck since those numbers seems to be different. We were right, those bonuses will only add 1 to combat power and it should be displayed as a separate number. Then the other factor that calculates the combat power is skill. Each level will increase combat power by 10 equal to its level. For example, level 1 will give 10 power levels and level 2 will give 20 more. So the total from that one skill after leveling up will be 30 at level 2.

 

The ability power is everything in the ability list and they add just like how skill increases combat power. Even though that is the only way to increase ability power, most people have this power much higher than combat power. 

 

Jack for example have 220 in ability power while only 76 in combat power. 

 

Yuuki have 124 in combat power and 180 in ability power. Dirk say this value is what most people have, what Jack have is a bit abnormal. 

 

Then when it comes to James, he has 88 in combat power and 280 in ability power. Dirk is shocked and asks what ability he has. James told him he have level 6 Strong Body. This is a skill that will not only increase his strength but his health too. His combat power is low but his ability power is insane. 

 

Then there is me, I have 176 combat powers with 130 ability power. Why am I the only one with the number swapped around? I know I did kendo back in Japan and I still practice time to time, but that shouldn't make my combat power so high. Well since I have the highest combat power among my friends, I am a bit happy.

 

He did warn us that our stats will change due to our daily activity. If one person stop trying to lift heavy object, his strength will go down. He said this in order to let James to be aware of his stats since his strength is in two digit base. 

 

Then Kir come up to me and pulls me away for something. I heard from Dirk that he is always trying to pick up girls. I hope he is not doing the same to me since I will puke if he is hitting on me.

 

Me: "What is this about?"

 

Kir: "What is your sword mastery level?"

 

Me: "Level 3, why?"

 

Kir: "Level 3 huh... Hey, do you want to be a swordsman?"

 

Me: "No, not really. I would rather not have to deal with those monsters my whole life. I know what you are trying to make me do here."

 

Kir: "Well, it’s not just monster but I guess that is what most people want. I just thought if you are able to help us fight even a little, we can take you guys back to the capital." 

 

Me: "Wait a second, does that mean you won't help us if I don't become a swordsman?"

 

Kir: "That is not what I mean; I am just not sure if the four of us is able to protect you four. Two of your friends are hurt."

 

Right, both James and Jack are still injured. I guess this really put them on a tight spot. After thinking for a while, I guess it's not a bad idea to learn a few things.

 

Me: "Alright, but don't ask me to become an adventurer or something."

 

Kir: "Adventurer? We are not adventurer; we are from the Kazlic military academy."

 

Really? These guys are soldiers? There is no way I can believe these people are actually soldiers or soldier in training. Wait a second, what about Dirk? He looks way too old to be a soldier in training.

 

Me: "By the way... what is with Dirk and Julien?"

 

Kir: "Ah, dirk is not a student. He is an instructor at the academy. Julien however, is a student. In the academy, all students are required to pick a partner and since me, Dirk, and Julien all came from the same town, I paired up with her. We are on a mission with Dirk because it's a special one. Though enough of this, how about I teach you Iron Edge?"

 

Me: "The one you used to hit that beast from far away?"

 

Kir: "Beast? Oh, you are talking about that Behepup?"

 

Me: "Behepup?"

 

Really? Behepup? Is it because is smaller and if treat it as a dog, it would be closer to a puppy instead. If that is the case, the naming sense is just... dull.

 

Kir: "Yeah, they are a lesser bread of a Behemoth. They are not as strong but they are still a threat to anyone that is class D or lower."

 

Me: "Class D? Wait, what is this class D?"

 

I can't believe I was right! Though this class thing does concern me a little

 

Kir: "Right... He forgot to explain the class didn't he? Well, that is something that people in the military use. There are total of 6 class level. Class F is anyone with 199 combat power or lower falls into. Class E is for people within range 200 to 399. These people are usually new student who just entered the academy. Class D range is 400 to 649. By the end of first year, most can reach Class D. Class C is range 650 to 949. Some people in second year is able to reach this class. Most of the Class C are third year student. I and Julien are both in this class as third year student. Are you still with me?"

 

Me: "Yeah, don't worry about me, you can continue."

 

Kir: "Alright next is class B and it range from 950 to 1399. I know it is a big jump in number but people in class B or A are able to determine the opponent combat power most of the time. Some are able to read what skill they have as well. This make the battle complicated and cause the number range to be so big. Class A is anyone who reaches over 1400 in combat power."

 

Me: "I see, I wonder how strong those in class A are."

 

Kir: "Class A are mostly the general of an army. They don't usually fight and when they do, not many is able to return to tell a story. That is enough for now, do you want to learn Iron Edge or not?"

 

Me: "Sorry, I'll be in your care."

 

And with that, we start my training. We didn't go too far from the other and we are able to see them set up a camp. Actually, Yuuki and Juliet are gone too. I wonder where did they go? There is only Dirk, James, and Jack setting up the camp. Well, Dirk is doing most of the work. I guess we will be able to rest properly today.

 

After the training, I think I get the basic understanding. I will practice a bit more tomorrow. Right now, we should just enjoy our dinner and call it a night. Being able to sleep in a tent is so much better than the cold ground. Though where did they get this tent? They didn't carry that much stuff with them. I want to ask but this is another crazy day. I decide to get my peaceful sleep instead of worrying.

 



© 2016 Eisho Shu


Author's Note

Eisho Shu
I want to know what kind of reviews people will give me first. The type of review I want the most right now is towards my writing style and ideas. Any reviews are welcome, I want to improve my writing.
Note: I am writing this as if it is a light novel so some names and terms may be confusing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice twist turning this into a game like world. Very cool. I do have a question thou what did you mean by synergy?

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 5, 2016
Last Updated on April 16, 2016
Tags: Sword, Monster, Forest, adventure, action, fantasy


Author

Eisho Shu
Eisho Shu

Chicago, IL



About
I love games and anime. Then I pick up visual novel and eventually that got me into some Japanese light novel and Web novel. That is what brings me here to try and start my own story. My pen name is a.. more..

Writing