Chapter 14 - Escort to Kenshin Village

Chapter 14 - Escort to Kenshin Village

A Chapter by Eisho Shu
"

Chapter fourteen of Ascension of Dimension Legend

"

How long do we have to wait? Miyu, Dia, and I had been sitting here waiting for our client for almost an hour.

 

Me: “Is this guy ever going to show up?”

 

Dia: “It has only been 40 minutes. Don’t get so impatient.”

 

Me: “Fine…”

 

While I am complaining and Dia is trying comfort me, Miyu is just sitting beside me quietly in a perfect sitting posture. Watching her sitting like that the whole time is making me feel tired.

 

Me: “Miyu, you should relax a little.”

 

Miyu: “No, if our client sees us as a sloppy group, he can request a different group for his escort.”

 

Dia and I: “Really?”

 

Miyu sighs then continues.

 

Miyu: “I understand why master doesn’t know but Dia, you should know this.”

 

Dia: “I know, I just feel like going along with Naomi.”

 

Me: “That just makes me feel stupid.”

 

Miyu: “That is because you are.”

 

I can’t help but pause there for a few second. Dia does the same and after a while, Miyu suddenly freaks out.

 

Miyu: “Ah… no… I’m sorry. That was really rude of me.”

 

Me: “Don’t worry, that is more or less the truth. My knowledge is way too little.”

 

Man: “Then I assume you don’t know what kind of place Kenshin Village is.”

 

A man who was walking by suddenly cut into our conversation. He is wearing very normal clothes but has a little bit of herbal smell on him. He mentions Kenshin Village so he might be our client. I still should ask who he is just in case.

 

Me: “Excuse us but who are you?”

 

Man: “My name is Geor and I’m your client. Sorry but I found someone reliable so I’m going to cancel this job with you girls.”

 

Miyu: “That is why I said you should act properly.”

 

Geor: “Sorry but that is not the reason. I would rather have cheerful girls as my escort but someone just saved me from some burglars. I saw his strength and he is willing to escort me.”

 

Dia: “Is it possible for us to negotiate?”

 

Then a man slowly walks up behind Geor. When I take a looks at him, it is Germ. When he looks at us, he look excited for some reason.

 

Me: “Germ?”

 

Germ: “Naomi? Wait; are you the one who were supposed to escort him?”

 

Geor: “Are you two acquaintances?”

 

Germ: “Yes but I wish we are more than just acquaintance.”

 

Me: “What do you mean by that? Anyways, I still haven’t apologized to you.”

 

Germ: “What? I don’t think you done anything wrong to me.”

 

Me: “I thought you were the one abusing power to win, but that wasn’t the case. So I want to apologize for accusing you.”

 

Dia: “Same here, sorry.”

 

Germ: “Don’t be. I was too oblivious to even realize that was happening. I am at fault as well.”

 

Geor: “Sorry to interrupt but he is the one I am hiring.”

 

Germ: “If I may say something. If you want someone strong to escort you, then you might want to hire Naomi instead.”

 

Geor: “Are you saying this missy here is stronger than you?”

 

He then walks up close to me then start feeling my arm for muscle.

 

Geor: “You do have some muscle but I doubt you are that strong.”

 

Germ: “It’s embarrassing to say but she knocked me out in one hit.”

 

Geor: “Hmm, I want to take your word for it but I don’t have enough money to pay for the four of you.”

 

 

Dia: “How about we split the three gold silver?”

 

Germ: “I don’t mind.”

 

I nod in response but something is bothering me. This whole time, Germ only looks at me. He said he is not bother by our accusation but maybe he is really bothered that. I should probably make it up to him somehow.

 

Geor: “Alright, that is fine with me. Let’s hurry up then, we already lost quite an amount of time.”

 

Dia: “Before that, do you mind me asking why you are going to that village?”

 

Geor: “It is my home and I need to bring medicine back. Our Celestial Stone got destroyed by some guy and some of us got sick from the monster miasma.”

 

Me: “Monster Miasma?”

 

Miyu: “People who are not spiritually strong will get sick when exposed to the Monster Miasma.”

 

Geor: “Yes, and I need to bring the medicine back. My wife is one of the few who got sick too.”

 

Me: “Then we should really hurry then.”

 

Afterward, we do our final checks on our equipment and supply and then we set off. Exiting the city is much easier than entering. I still remember we had to wait in a room for three different examinations that last total of two hours. I still don’t understand why you need to go through such annoying procedure to enter.

……

We have continuously walked for three hours.  It is almost time for lunch and we agree on taking a break at the same time.

 

Dia: “I’ll keep a lookout, in case something shows up.”

 

Germ: “I will go find some nice wood for the cooking then.”

 

Miyu: “Then I will guard Geor.”

 

Geor: “Then that leaves the cooking to Naomi. I’ll look forward to our lunch.”

 

Me: “What?”

 

Geor: “It is more or less the tradition to avoid cooking when going on a quest.”

 

Me: “No I mean why do I have to cook? There are rations.”

 

Miyu: “True; but fresh food rots much faster.”

 

I spat out a sigh and admit defeat. They knew I didn’t know about this and they just jumps ahead at calling out jobs they can do.

 

Me: “Alright fine, but don’t expect anything amazing.”

……

With the ingredients we have, I decide to make some fried rice. It is something simple and hard to fail. I just have to throw in some stuff here and there then cook them properly.

 

Me: “How is it?”

 

Miyu is just eating quietly and doesn’t respond. Dia gives me thumbs up. However, the other two seems to have something else to say.

 

Geor: “Not bad I guess, my wife can make something much better than this.”

 

Germ: “I prefer something with stronger flavor.”

 

Me: “If you two don’t like it, then don’t eat and cook your own food.”

 

Geor quietly eats his food after I said that. Germ does the same but after a few bite, he says something weird.

 

Germ: “Not only are you strong, your cooking is decent as well. Naomi, will you help me expanding the Trikrag family?”

 

Me: “If is something I can help you with, then sure.”

 

Since I still feel bad about the accusation I did before, I respond to him on reflex. At the same time as I say that, Dia, Miyu, and Geor freeze up and stare at me.

 

Me: “Is something wrong? I didn’t mix anything bad in there did I?”

 

Dia: “No, the food is fine. I just didn’t expect you to say yes so fast.”

 

Germ: “Same, most people will think for a few days until answering. I was afraid of you rejecting me immediately.”

 

Me: “Well I don’t have a reason to say no.”

 

Germ smiles and the others do too. However, the smiles on everyone’s face but Germ seem a bit dry. Did I just agree to something bad? I don’t think that is the case at all. Well, we need to get moving soon.

 

Me: “Ehhh, so is everyone done? We should probably clean up and get moving.”

 

We clean up and start moving again. We walk until we half of us got tired. Once we recover, we continue walking. The cycle keeps going until night fall. We did run into a highwayman but we manage to stop him without any trouble.

 

Geor: “We came quite far in one day. We will probably arrive at the village sometime in the afternoon.”

 

Dia: “Right, so what are we having for dinner?”

 

Dia looks at me as if it is my job again.

 

Me: “I’m going to cook again?”

 

Germ: “You are probably the only one who can actually cook.”

 

I sigh once more and start looking at what we have. For some reason, I feel like a housewife being told to get into the kitchen and cook. It is not pleasant feeling but doing outdoor cooking is actually a bit fun.

 

Among our supply, I found a small package covered by leafs in the food supply. I only check if there is enough food and didn’t look inside it before. When I open the package, it is actually some kind of red meat being preserved in some kind of icy frost that doesn’t melt easily when I touch it. I decide to use it to make a stew. It shouldn’t be too hard to make and as long as I add enough ingredients and cook it long enough, the flavor should be nice. I’m not a chef so I can only copy what my mom did back home.

……

Me: “It’s done.”

 

Geor: “It took you a while this time.”

 

Dia: “Yeah, you didn’t burn our food right?”

 

Me: “I have no idea how is it possible to burn stew, but I guess it did take quite a long time.”

 

Germ: “Well, let’s eat!”

 

When we start eating the stew, it is better than I expected. I can see on everyone’s face that they like this stew as well.

 

Germ: “Even though you use marble beef, to bring out this much flavor… It is impressive.”

 

Geor: “Agreed, it still can’t match my wife’s cooking but this is quite good.”

 

Dia: “Naomi, I appoint you to be our chef from now on.”

 

Me: “Wait a second; don’t just throw all the cooking to me!”

 

I look at Miyu for help but she stays silent. Though she tries to stay neutral, her face says otherwise. Come on, just because I manage to cook something good, why do I have to do all the cooking? I complain but I know there isn’t much I can do. When we finish eating, we decide on our night shifts and sleep.

 

The order of shifts is Miyu to Dia to Germ to me. Each of us will watch for about an hour and half. Since Miyu is the first one, the rest of us go to sleep together. When I am laying down, I check for any changes in my stats. Then I notice something stupid in my Ability.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Naomi Hajiura

Original Name: Naoka Hajiura

Sex: Female

Age: 18

Title: Dimension Traveler

Class: Spell Swordsman

Combat Power: 468

Ability Power: 240

 

Health:115/120

Stamina:50/50

 

-Stats-

Strength: 8

Dexterity: 5

Intelligent: 5

Agility: 5

Constitution: 6+2

Luck: 5+5

 

-Status Effect-

-Dimension Traveler: +2 Constitution, +5 Luck

-Spell Swordsman: Health and Stamina recovers 20% faster

 

-Special-

Lv7 Slave Seal: Gain ownership of Miyujioni Tianro Fo Koriepher

 

-Ability-

Lv2 Beauty: Your appearance is better than average, most people think you are good looking

Lv3 Cool Headed: In most cases where people may lose their cool, you are able to still think clearly as long as your life is not in danger.

Lv2 Multilingual: You are able to read and speak in different language

Lv3 Medical Knowledge, you can identify common injury and perform first aid treatment well with some herbal knowledge.

Lv2 Hampor Geography: You know most of the countries and major locations on Hampor continent.

Lv2 Cooking: You can make acceptable meals effectively with good seasoning.

 

-Skill-

Lv3 Breath Control: You know the basic of breathing technique for combat.

Lv2 Sharp Vision: You are able to notice every movement if you focus hard on it

Lv3 Sword Mastery: You are a swordsman. It is possible to learn grade D or lower sword skill.

Lv3 Iron Edge: Capable of launching shock-wave at your target. This attack can do good damage to unarmored enemies.

Lv2 Mana Manipulation: You are able to control the mana and manifest it in basic shapes.

Lv4 Mana Bomb: Create a bomb that is made from Mana Manipulation. This Bomb and be detonate manually or by impact. It is also possible to control the explosion.

Lv2 Magic Theory: You are adapted to the existence of magic.

Lv2 Footwork: You know not only the basic footwork for combat, but you are able to change and utilize them effectively.

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Level two cooking, what is going on here? I only cooked like twice and I have level two cooking already. Sure, the two meals I made were quite good overall, but that shouldn’t grant me level two cooking. I am really confused on how these level work now. As for beauty, I understand why my Beauty went up since I did start taking care of my image a little more. I won’t like it if by the time I turn back into a man, I turn ugly because I didn’t take care of my look while as a woman. Well enough thinking, I should sleep and rest up.

……

When the morning comes, we set off early and manage to reach the village earlier afternoon. We did run into a small group of stray goblins. We did have hard time as first due to having all four of us on the front line. However, when I decide to move to the back line and bomber them with Mana Bomb instead, it becomes a easy battle. I guess our party balance is just really bad right now.


when we reach the village, there are actually quite a number of people sick. At the same time, there are a few people wearing magician like clothing.

 

Geor: “Follow me; my family owns the inn here. I can let you four rests at my place for today.”

 

Others and I thank him and follow him to his home. The inn is not bad but it is currently filled with people. Each one of us decides to look around the village and regroup during dinner.



© 2016 Eisho Shu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have missed a lot of the past chapters, but so far the story is still very good. When I find time, i will read all the other chapters and will give comments on them. I love the name Naomi, if you didn't know. So by having a character named that, you automatically get 100/100. :P

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 9, 2016
Last Updated on April 18, 2016
Tags: fantasy, comedy, adventure, magic


Author

Eisho Shu
Eisho Shu

Chicago, IL



About
I love games and anime. Then I pick up visual novel and eventually that got me into some Japanese light novel and Web novel. That is what brings me here to try and start my own story. My pen name is a.. more..

Writing