Chapter 3 - Entering Great Qua Forest

Chapter 3 - Entering Great Qua Forest

A Chapter by Eisho Shu
"

Chapter three of Ascension of Dimension Legend

"

Ouch... Wait! I'm alive!? I try to get up but my body just hurt too much right now. I think I may have broken a few bone but how did I survive? We fall from a place that is at least 600 feet high. Even if this is a dense forest, there is no way that can break my fall and survive. 

 

Once my pains have subdued a bit, I start checking out my body for any bad injury. No major injury at all, though some may argue I do since I'm a girl now. But… that is not doesn't really bother to me. Though I do have to agree to something my friends had said before, this body is just too sexy. Yuuki got a nice body too but most of her selling point is that face. It’s not like I don't have a nice face so I am not worried.

 

Eventually I decide force myself up to look around for my friends but I did not find anyone. Where did my friends go? We fall from the same place, they couldn't be too far. We fall at the same time and pretty close to each other after all.

 

Just when I question myself with that thought, I notice the ground is rather soft in some places. It is like the dirt is wet but it hasn't rain for the past week. Just what is this? I feel a bit disgusted but I decide to ignore and keep moving. It is all going well until I see a humanoid figure; I mustered up my will and jog over. 

 

When I got close enough to see that person, I regret my decision. That is not a person; it is something close to a goblin. I thought these creatures are nothing but game material people thought up with. The goblin has similar green skin to that arm we picked up along with that sword earlier today. Now I think about it, does Jack even know to use a sword? 

 

As I am thinking about this, I slowly distance myself from the goblin. Just when I thought I am able to hide myself, the goblin notice me. As anyone can guess, it is hostile. The goblin picks up a club and starts chasing me.

 

If only I still have my bamboo sword or else I could've fight him. So I decide to make a run for my life. Though the goblin is faster than me due to my injury and is slowly catching up. When I saw him get close enough to swing its large club at me, my mind went blank.

 

Through some miracle, I tripped and slid down to the lower part of the forest. By the time I get back up, the goblin jumped down and landed in front of me with his club ready to swing down. Before I can think, I let out a scream.

 

Me: "Kyaaa"

 

Really? The way I screamed just now was a really feminine one. Just how feminine have I become? But right before it hit me, something flew right past between us. Then I hear Jack telling me to get up and run, so I did. The pains have now become unbearable and I think I’m starting to pass out again. I passing out have been a common occurrence lately; I hope it won't become a habit.

 

When the goblin catch up to me, Jack shows up and swing his sword blindly. While he is doing so, he tells me to keep running but I just can't stand how he is using that sword. That sword is being hold and used completely wrong!

 

Jack: "Ru, run Naomi! I can handle this!"

 

I am confused. Who is this guy talking to? Then I remember I made my name Naomi instead keeping it as Naoka

 

Me: "Oh you are talking to me. Wait, focus! And please start using that sword correctly!"

 

Right at that moment, clink. The goblin knocks the sword out of his hand and broke his arm. Jack scream in pain, completely forgot about the goblin that is still in front of him. I have to do something or else he is going to die!

 

I grab some dirt and ran towards the goblin and threw it in his eye. Wow... that actually works! I try to get Jack to calm down so we can run away, but he can only think and feel his broken arm swinging back and forth.

 

For some reason, something in me clicked. All I can think is how to deal with this goblin. I left Jack alone and went for the sword. I can't believe I am doing this but I am. I grab the sword and try to calm myself down. I try to remember the feeling when I was in the tournament with all the strong opponents. The goblin recognizes me as a threat now and he is being cautious.

 

I and that goblin are both waiting for each other to make the first move. This is like one of those movies where the first one who make the move loses and dies horribly right now. I can feel the pressure slowly building up inside but the goblin leaps in and make his attack.

 

I can see where his club will hit and parried his attack then follow up with a downward slash. Okay, really now? I'm pretty sure I parry that attack really well and make him lose balance but he twists his body and manage to block my attack with his club.

 

At that moment I realize, real close combat like this is very different from a Kendo match. Kendo right now is actually a sports and it is not really a sword style meant for killing. Sure, I can hold my ground because of my experience in sword play but I need to find a way to kill this guy. I know this is weird but that thought came to me completely natural. I think it’s because of this wilderness, its either kill or get killed right now.

 

The goblin then jump back and try to attack me from the side. I manage to dodge it in time but nearly lose my footing. I have completely forgotten that the ground is not perfectly flat. I need to be mindful of where I put my feet. The goblin notices me losing my balance for a split second and leaps at me again. I parry the attack once more and the same event happened again, I can't believe I am this lucky!

 

At that moment, I raise both of my arms and strike down once again with all my strength this time. The sword strikes through his club and cut his stomach open. The goblin starts to panic and is trying to hold his inner inside of him but it’s no use. This is very unconformable to watch, the goblin is even crying right now. His suffering is making me feel guilty and I feel like a murderer. I shake away those thought and cut his head off to end his suffering since leaving him like this is too cruel. I don't know what happen to me but I am able to do it just fine.

 

Then I proceed to check on Jack.

........

...

No good, his arm is completely broken. He will need to cast his arm or else this is going to end really badly. All I can do right now is to fix his arm in place and use large pieces of wood to hold it in place right now. I know how to do these because of my past experience but we will need to find a doctor soon. 

 

Jack: "Thanks, but will my arm be okay?"

 

Me: "Yeah, but you will need to get a doctor to check it out. This is the best I can do for you right now"

 

Jack: "I know, thanks a lot. Sorry for being so useless, I even end up making you save me instead"

 

Me: "Well I do have some sword wielding experience before. That is why I was able to do something with the sword more efficiently than you."

 

Jack: "Hahaha, so you are a samurai? Amazing..."

 

Me: "What do you mean samurai? Just because I know how to use a sword and I'm Japanese, that doesn't make me a samu..."

 

Before I get to finish, Jack fall asleep on my lap. Okay now, did someone plan this out? Having a guy sleeping on my laps feel so wrong. I may be a girl right now but I'm still a guy at heart. If this is a work of god, I will give him a peace of my mind. Though I highly doubt that will ever happen.

 

Those are the thoughts that go through my mind. It’s not like I can just wake him up and tell him to sleep on the ground, I'm not that cold of a person. Though that small battle I just had have me worn out too. I decide to close my eyes and relax. I force myself to stay awake but no good... Too much stuff had happen today. We got attacked by people with spears, escaping from Peter, getting pushed down the cliff, and fought a goblin. I'm going to... sleep a bit, just a little bit. I hope nothing will attack us in the next 30 minutes or so.

......

...

When I wake up, Jack is gone. Wait, how long did I sleep? When I look around, the sun is setting... or is that run rise? As I am thinking about, Jack starts a conversation. He was behind me and is actually cooking fish.

 

Jack: "Sorry about yesterday. I end up sleeping on your lap."

 

Me: "Don't worry about it. How is your arm?"

 

Jack: "It hurts like crazy"

 

Me: "Sorry..."

 

Jack: "No, don't be. I have to thank you for helping me out but first, have some breakfast"

 

I take the fish but I have no idea if is safe to eat this. The pollution in our world has gone to the point where there is barely any safe drinking water unless we purify it.

 

Me: "Thanks..."

 

I hesitate to take my first bite but once I did, I could not stop eating. I don't think I would mind if I get some kind of poisoning or parasite anymore. All I can think is how to devour this fish in front of me.

 

Jack: "It’s good right? We haven't eaten for a while. I didn't know a fish can taste this good"

 

Me: "Ahh..."

 

I just notice the way I'm eating right now is very improper. My family is the type who always minds our table manor. I recompose myself soon after that realization.

Me: "Yeah this is good. How did you catch the fish anyways?"

 

Jack: "I just used this sword. All I have to do is to swing around where the fishes are, I will kill one or two eventually."

 

I almost choked when he said that. I can't believe what he used that only weapon we have as a fishing tool. I ask Jack to give me the sword.

 

Me: "Oh dear, the edge close to the top are a bit chipped. Did you hit rocks while you are trying to kill the fish?"

 

Jack: "Well yeah, of course. If you swing with full strength, there is no way to hit those fish you know."

 

Rather then worrying about the sword, my body starts to ache again, I think what starts to hurt is my head. I decide to keep the sword and ask him if that is alright and he gave me a yes. After we filled ourselves with fish, we set out to look for others.



© 2016 Eisho Shu


Author's Note

Eisho Shu
I want to know what kind of reviews people will give me first. The type of review I want the most right now is towards my writing style and ideas. Any reviews are welcome, I want to improve my writing.
Note: I am writing this as if it is a light novel so some names and terms may be confusing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it the imagery the battle oh it was wonderful. Keep it up. I think that you did a great job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great chapter here. Very intense. my only complaint is that this chapter is really long. but that's also a good thing, you had a lot of detail in it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

lol yeah. But don't worry about too much. I'm guilty of doing the same thing.
Eisho Shu

8 Years Ago

Alright then. I am actually trying to keep my chapters under 2,000 words but it's hard at times.
Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

It is. For my first chapter of my Naomi Neko story, it might be over 5000 words lol. So i have split.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2016
Last Updated on April 16, 2016
Tags: Forest, sword, beast, monster, survival


Author

Eisho Shu
Eisho Shu

Chicago, IL



About
I love games and anime. Then I pick up visual novel and eventually that got me into some Japanese light novel and Web novel. That is what brings me here to try and start my own story. My pen name is a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Goddess The Goddess

A Story by Aurafiex