Chapter 9 - Transfer Challenge Part 1

Chapter 9 - Transfer Challenge Part 1

A Chapter by Eisho Shu
"

Chapter nine of Ascension of Dimension Legend

"

I am woken up by a girl. She have brown hair and is about 5'8" tall. She doesn't look too skinny or chubby. Her appearance could be considered as a beauty.

 

Girl: "Hello? Are you awake?"

 

Me: "Yeah, sorry. I was just taking a nap."

 

Girl: "Mind if I ask who are you?"

 

Me: "I'm Naomi Hajiura, I just transfer in today and become your roommate."

 

Girl: "Oh! I see, I'm Dia… Ademi."

 

Me: "Nice to need you Dia."

 

Dia: "You are... a bit weird."

 

What is with this girl? I am just being nice but she calls me weird. But before I get to say anything, she continues.

 

Dia: "Normally people would call me the child of tyrant by now."

 

Me: "What?"

 

Dia: "Huh? Do you not know about the Ademi family?"

 

Me: "Sorry..."

 

Dia: "That explains why. My family is a noble that often uses our power to gain or control whatever needed. The actions are good for the country, but often horrible for other country. Those who are hurt the most are especially the smaller ones."

 

Me: "Oh, but that is a bit cruel. Just because your family did a few things like that, it didn't have anything to do with you right?"

 

When I said that, she look like is about to cry. Just how much did people make this girl go through? I may just say something that will make me her best friend. I won't say this is bad but... It feels too easy. Though she didn't cry and recover relatively fast.

 

Dia: "Thank You, why don't you let me treats you to dinner?"

 

Me: "Is alright, I got money."

 

Dia: "Don't worry about it. Also, sorry for calling you weird. You were just being nice."

 

Me: "No big deal, we are roommate right? I think is better for us to get along instead."

 

Dia: "I never have a friend before, but I'll do my best to be a good friend."

 

She never had a friend? I think she exaggerated but I think I will believe her word for now. She looks like she really did go through a lot in her life.

 

The cafeteria food is not bad at all. In fact, some of them are really good. What surprised me is, this is a buffet. All we have to do is pay 3 copper and we get an all we can eat buffet! This may be a thing for academy student since this city prioritizes all academy activity above all. Dia and I enjoy our meal but I have never seen anyone who eats as much as Dia. She ate probably 3 men worth of food by herself. I could hardly eat as much as I used to, before my change that is. Afterward, we head back to our room and rest for the night.

 

The one thing I have complained about is the uniform. This academy has uniform and the one given to me is a female one. Well, I am a girl right now but my problem is the skirt. I thought the time period of this world won't have mini skirt but I was wrong. The fashion senses are not that different from our world. I would prefer wearing a male uniform but... I'm scare of Marin catching me and forcefully change me again. I guess I will just have to learn how to deal with it.

......

...

A week has passed since I came here to this academy. The first day, I get to know quite a few people. Some of them can even be considered as friends right away. Some of them even want me to have a practice duel with them. Apparently, Marin is actually the strictest instructor. Anyone who can excel her test is either very lucky or just amazing. Though all this died down after a two thing.

 

The first one is actually about Dia. Because I am friend with her, some people start to stay away from me. I thought she exaggerated but her family reputation really is bad. But that is not the reason why most people stayed away from me.

 

The biggest reason is actually because of myself. I didn't know at first but there are two major factions, the Magic and Knight factions. It is separated by either you follow the way for swordsman or chase after the ultimate magic. I want to train both and this caused me to bring hate from both faction and alienated myself.

 

However, the few who don't see the reason to hate did become very good friend. One of them is actually Dia's Childhood friend, Ristia Kortenborg. Ristia is also a nobel, but her family reputation is much better than Ademi. Her appearance is very much like a princess. I guess she grew up in a pampered environment. 

 

Ristia is also a swordswoman whose points are suffering as well. Dia is at 12 points while Ristia is at 18. One can say they are really low but that scumbag nobel's group is just taking people's point for free. By the way, that guy's name is Germ Trikrag. I actually almost laugh my lung out when I heard his name is germ.

 

One other person is Ristia's parter, El Rouspa. El is a really open guy. Though, this guy is actually a well-known player in the academy. There are rumors about him dating over 10 girls in a single month. His appearance is not that great but the way he acts, he reminds me of those butlers. I have no idea how this guy manages to date so many people like that. Though sadly, I think I am this guy's next target. He has been asking me out for lunch and dinner while offering flowers time to time. Before I forgot, El is studying magic. Also one thing, I will never date a guy!

 

There are a few other I can consider them as friends but we are not that close. Most of them can only be viewed as acquaintances.

 

The classes I am taking are basic swordsmanship, basic magic theory, Hampor geography, basic medical and basic combat simulation. Most of them are very self-explanatory but Hampor geography. Hampor is the current continent I am on. 

 

In this world, there are 3 continents. Hampor is the largest continent that has its center marked as the center of the world. This continent actually has a slight crescent shape. The next one is the Inia continent. Inia continent are said to be fill with races other than human. They are called demihuman and are not welcome in Hampor. The reason is because a great war that happened about 120 years ago. The last one is Qion continent. This continent is in the far west that is far from Hanpor and Inia. It will require special made ships for long distance travel to cover the distance. Though with this, I should have minimum common knowledge of this world.

 

After my class have ended today; Dia, Ristia, El, and I went to the cafeteria to have lunch. I really love buffet but I should watch how much I eat. Though I do feel jealous looking at Dia eating plate after plate of food. Ristia and El eat about the same amount I do. I guess Dia just have a weird stomach with amazing metabolism.

 

When we finished eating and about to leave the cafeteria, someone bump into me. I look up to see who, but it is a huge bulky man. Also, around him is a groupie that is following him like a gang.

 

Man: "Guy girl, watch where you are going! You just ran into boss Germ here. You better apologize."

 

Germ: "Hmph."

 

Me: "What?"

 

Man: "This man here is the one and only Germ Trikrag. He is our current number 1 in the first year placement ranking. You better beg for forgiveness now!"

 

Me: "Why should I? The one bump into me is Germ, not me."

 

When I said that, the air in the cafeteria changed instantly.

 

Germ: "I like your attitude and your good face. I will give you a second chance to apologize."

 

Man: "There is no need to give someone like her a second chance, boss. You should just beat her up like everyone else who insults you."

 

Me: "Insult him, are you deaf? When did I insult him? Anyways, I am not apologizing for what I did not do wrong."

 

Germ: "Meet me in the sparing ground in an hour. We will deal with this with a sparing duel."

 

After saying that, they left the cafeteria. My friend suddenly group around me asking me questions.

 

Ristia: "Are you really going to take him on? I never fought him before but he has never lose a match."

 

El: "Though there are rumors that he earns his points by cheating. Maybe he isn't that strong."

 

Me: "Whatever the case, I will give him a peace of my mind."

 

I can say this because my combat power has increase by 66 points over this week.

 

Dia: "He... is not impossible to beat but..."

 

Ristia: "I guess he really is using his family name to win. What a scum, I can't believe we have someone like him in our school."

 

I close my eyes to check my stats

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Name: Naomi Hajiura

Original Name: Naoka Hajiura

Sex: Female

Age: 18

Title: Dimension Traveler

Class: Spell Swordsman

Combat Power: 404

Ability Power: 190

 

Health:100/100

Stamina:45/45

 

-Stats-

Strength: 8

Dexterity: 4

Intelligent: 5

Agility: 5

Constitution: 5+2

Luck: 5+5

 

-Status Effect-

-Dimension Traveler: +2 Constitution, +5 Luck

-Spell Swordsman: Health and Stamina recover 20% faster

 

-Ability-

Lv1 Beauty: Your appearance is better than average

Lv3 Cool Headed: In most cases where people may lose their cool, you are able to still think clearly as long as your life is not in danger.

Lv2 Multilingual: You are able to read and speak in different language

Lv3 Medical Knowledge, you can identify common injury and perform first aid treatment well with some herbal knowledge.

Lv2 Hampor Geography: You know most of the countries and major locations on Hampor continent.

 

-Skill-

Lv3 Breath Control: You know the basic of breathing technique for combat.

Lv2 Sharp Vision: You are able to notice every movement if you focus hard on it

Lv3 Sword Mastery: You are a swordsman. It is possible to learn grade D or lower sword skill.

Lv3 Iron Edge: Capable of launching shock-wave at your target. This attack can do good damage to unarmored enemies.

Lv2 Mana Manipulation: You are able to control the mana and manifest it in basic shapes.

Lv3 Mana Bomb: Create a bomb that is made from Mana Manipulation. This Bomb and be detonate manually or by impact.

Lv1 Magic Theory: You understand the very basic existence of magic.

Lv2 Footwork: You know not only the basic footwork for combat, but you are able to change and utilize them effectively.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Okay, I guess I will be able to do well with this kind of stat. My ability power really is lacking though. I should probably take more classes that can increase that later on.

 

El: "Is your stat going to be alright?"

 

Me: "Should be, I reach over 400 yesterday."

 

Dia, Ristia, and El: "WHAT!!"

 

When they shout, it really surprised me. I look around to see if we surprised anyone but their eyes are looking directly at me. I heard some is able to reach class D near the end of first year. I guess my progress is just too fast to be considering as normal.

 

Me: "What is it? You guys don't have to be so surprised."

 

El: "Well first of all, revealing your combat power in public is not smart. Though if you reach over 400 already, I doubt many first year student are able to fight you. I am probably the strongest one after you and I think I will only be able to fight you for a short while. How in the world did you improve so fast?"

 

Me: "Well my combat simulation instructor is Marin. Her pointers are actually not bad if you can understand it."

 

Ristia: "The drill monster, I guess that explains it."

 

Dia: "She is a good instructor. She is harsh, but she really teaches what is important. I have her class too. My combat power went up because of her too."

 

Ristia: "Wait really? I guess I need to take her class then."

 

El nod in agreement. Marin really is hard on her student but I guess the work we put in with her guidance, it will bear fruit.

 

Me: "Well, I should probably get ready soon. I feel confident after knowing I am ahead of most people already."

 

Dia: "Good luck, we will watch."

 

Ristia: "Right, so don't lose."

 

EL: "He might pull tricks, be careful."

 

After they say their encouragement, they left and head on over to the sparing ground. I also go to the changing room but before I enter, I was stopped by that man who was sticking with Germ earlier.

 

Man: "So you didn't run. I'm impressed by your courage. You may be strong but I need Germ to win his match. This is a little something; the slip will verify this money."

 

He handed me 10 full silver. Ah, full silver is what people call the normal silver. The hollow silver people just call it silver. The gold rim silver is similar; people call it the gold silver. The silver Copper is... I don't think I will need to explain this one. That guard from before really left out some detail.

 

Me: "What is this? Do you think this will make me go easy on Germ?"

 

Man: "I see… a greedy one aren't you. Here, how about this much?"

 

He gives me 2 gold silver on top of the 10 full silver.

 

Man: "Does Germ know you are doing this?"

 

Man: "No way, his pride won't be able to handle it. I am doing this for myself. I can get quite a few benefits with him being the top rank. Now if you will excuse me, I need to meet up with Germ."

 

After saying that, he left in a hurry. I didn't even promise him I would go easy or anything. He just left the money in my hand. Well, I guess I got proof on how Germ keeps winning all his matches. Germ is the not the problem, it is entirely this guy's fault. I should apologize to Germ once this whole problem is solved.


© 2016 Eisho Shu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on February 20, 2016
Last Updated on April 16, 2016
Tags: action, fantasy, school, transfer, challenge, duel


Author

Eisho Shu
Eisho Shu

Chicago, IL



About
I love games and anime. Then I pick up visual novel and eventually that got me into some Japanese light novel and Web novel. That is what brings me here to try and start my own story. My pen name is a.. more..

Writing