Chapter 30

Chapter 30

A Chapter by Keevan
"

EDO-CHEESE! NOOO!!!!123!!! Let's see if he's okay....

"

"Ed," I whispered. "Ed, get up...Edward..." The rain was getting heavier and heavier.

     "I think you're the first lass I've ever let live this long, besides my dear wife," the killer said, looking at me, still on the ground. "But, my dear wife was the first person I had ever killed." He began walking towards me.

     "No..." I whispered. "No...!" I shakily stood up and backed away, but fell sideways and leaned against the wall.

     "NO!" I screamed. I clamped my hands over my ears and retched. A sharp pain was coursing through my head, making me see spotty lights behind my eyes.

     I opened my eyes and looked up, seeing red.

     I was mad. Extremely mad. I pulled back my fist and punched the killer in the nose as hard as I could, feeling and hearing the satisfying crunch of my fist breaking his nose with impact. I pulled back my other fist and did the same thing.

     He wasn't quick enough to strike back.

     Again and again, I punched the man in the face, in the nose, in the head, in the ear. Each time, my fists getting bloodier and bloodier by HIS blood.

     My longing for that bloodlust was growing agian, but also getting smaller until I didn't notice it anymore. Until all of that anger went away.

     Until the man was gasping, "Please...no more...no more." I punched him one final time, and then I grabbed his shirt collar. I Slammed his head against teh brick wall, over and over again until my arms felt like lead and there was blood all over the side of his face.

     I dropped him roughly on the ground and kicked him hard in the stomach.

     He didn't move. He was dead.

     "Lucy, is that how you always kill?" came Alphonse's quiet voice from somewhere.

     I looked over at him, aware that I had forgotten about him and---

     "Edward," I said. "How's Edward?"

     "I don't know, I can't move," Alphonse said. He was propped up against a dumpster, his limbs in pieces. I stumbled over to where he and Edward were, my legs still shaky.

     I kneeled down by Edward and put two fingers on his neck, and I felt his pulse. It was a little slow, and he was still warm.

     "He's fine, just unconscious," I said. "Now, I'm going to have to find a way to bring you two home."

______________________________________________________________________________

 

My briliant idea: the wagon that I tripped over, and a rope I found in the dumpster. I loaded Alphonse and his broken limbs into the wagon and tied the rope through the handle. Next, I tied the other half of the rope around my waist. I looked at Edward, and saw that his sleeves were torn. He didn't have his coat. I made the descision to take off my sweatshirt and wrap it around Edward. It took some effort, but I pulled his non-busted arm through the left sleeve and zipped up the red sweatshirt so he would be a little warmer and a little less exposed to the rain.

     I hauled him onto my back. I was forced to give him a "piggy back ride" because he wouldn't fit in the wagon, and I couldn't carry him any other way.

     "Let's get going," I said.

     "Are you sure you can do this?" Alphonse asked. "The rain is getting heavier."

     "We don't have a choice," I said, "Let's just focus on getting back to Central Command, okay?" I started walking. It was difficult, because Edward was short, but heavy. And pulling Alphonse along in a wagon by a rope tied around my waist only made it more dificult. And then there was the fact that my legs were going to give out any second....

     But I ignored all of that and dragged the Elrics down the dark and empty streets of Central in the rain back home.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

About halfway back, I remembered we had a hill to go up. I had just reached that hill.

     "Oh, God..." I muttered.

     "You can do it, Lucy," Alphonse said to try and encourage me. "Just believe in yourself, it's not even a big hill."

     "Says you, wagon boy," I said back to him. Thus, I began walking up the hill. It really wasn't that big, but it was annoying. I fell on my knees twice and I felt like the rope was cutting through my middle half.

     But I kept at it, and when I got to the top of the hill, I vomitted. The stress and the literal weight on my shoulders probably caused it.

     "You owe me big time," I mumbled, standing up again and starting to walk with Alphonse in tow. "Both of you."

     Time went by, and the rain didn't lighten up. I slipped once and almost dropped Edward. But it wasn't like it was going to hurt him or anything, he was just unconscious.

     "Lucy?" Alphonse asked.

     "Yeah, what is it?" I asked back, grunting a little.

     "Why are you an assassin?" he asked. I stopped, racking my brain, trying to think of a reason.

     "That's...a very good question, Alphonse," was my response. I started walking again. Then I asked, "Do you think I should...stop killing?" I remembered what Envy and Father had said, about all of those human lives being absorbed into my being every time I killed someone. Like that killer I just killed. He was now...inside of me somehow.

     I shuddered.

     "You okay, Lucy?" Alphonse asked.

     "No...no I'm not." I fell on my knees and threw up again.

     "I think we should call the colonel," Alphonse said. "I'm worried about your health, and Brother's, out here in the rain."

     "Well, too bad," I said. I looked around and saw familiar buildings, which meant that Central Command was close by. I walked and walked, and finally, we came to the gates, which were wide open.

     Nothing really lifted my mood when I pulled the wagon with Alphonse in it inside and Edward on my back with Colonel Sarcasm standing at the front desk.

    



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
X3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice, this book is, as Koda said, epic :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Koda: -runs in and pokes Ed in the back with a stick- NOOOOOO!!!!

LOL nice way to let all ur anger out there Lucy. You get more and more epic with every chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan