Chapter 38

Chapter 38

A Chapter by Keevan

"Lucy's...father?" the colonel said, narrowing his eyes.

     "Yes," Edward said. "He's a very bad person. Lucy, tell him what he did."

     I kept my head down, and said, "He killed my mother, beat me and my sister, molested my sister, and then killed my sister. I'm pretty sure he won't rest until he does the same to me. I don't want him to find me..."

     "He won't," Edward and the colonel said at the same time. There was a moment of awkward silence, and then the colonel said, "Lucy, give me a description of what he looks like."

     "He has short black hair, green eyes, and an arm made of AutoMail," I said.

     "We'll be sure to keep an eye out," he said. "Fullmetal, you're dismissed. Lucy, I need to talk to you about something."

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"No!" I shouted, standing up and knocking my chair over. "I'm not going back!"

     "You need to," he said calmly. "You can't do homeschooling here, so that public school is your only option."

     "Did you forget what happened last time?"

     "Odds are it won't happen again," he said. "You're too paranoid."

     "You're too heartless!"

     "Lucy, calm down," he said. "You're starting school Monday, and that's that. I already have you enrolled as Lucy Mustang."

     "For the last time, Mustang isn't my last name!"

     "It is because you don't have any other name to go by. Now shut up and enjoy today and tomorrow, because they're the only free days you have left."

     "What about military work?"

     "You're taking leave until the next staff development break, which is in two weeks. I suggest you go and tell Edward and Alphonse that you won't be joining them in work for a little while."

______________________________________________________________________________

 

The last time I went to school, I was fifteen. It was a little over a year ago, and the memories from that place still burn and linger in the back of my mind.

     I was just a somewhat "normal" teen just going into high school, and these mean girls who didn't even know me decided, "Hey! Let's pick on the new kid!" They spread rumors. Nasty rumors.

     Rumors that I'm not going to say, but it cause the whole school--EVERY GRADE LEVEL--to give me nicknames like s**t, w***e, tramp, b***h. They were bad.

     And what didn't help the pressure was that I was dyslexic, and reading and writing wasn't my strongpoint. I can't write well, and my reading is probably at a seventh grade level. It's not that bad, but it made it hard to go through high school being a retard.

     I had no friends. Teachers scolded me because I got bad grades and did terrible on tests and homework assignments. I eventually gave up in school and almost killed a kid because he was following me around yelling, Look! I'm following a s**t to class!

     I strangled him and nearly killed him. Thus, I was expelled, and I told the colonel that I was giving up and never going back.

     Now that I think about it....almost killing that student was probably why I became an assassin in the military. To relieve that stress and anger on people who deserved to die. And, I guess, the fact that I could kill without a second thought.

     Things are so different now.... Now that I know the truth, anyway.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"School?" Alphonse said. "You're going back?"

     "It's like an order from the colonel," I said, biting into my apple. "So, I won't be teamed up with you guys until staff development break, which is in, like, two weeks."

     "Bummer," Edward muttered. "Um, why did you get kicked out of school the first time?"

     "Because I almost killed someone," I said bluntly. "Any other questions?"

     "Just one," he said. "Why!?"

     "I don't want to go into further detail about it," I mumbled, throwing the core across the room and into the garbage can.

     "We have to find something to do this weekend, then," Edward said. "We have today and tomorrow."

     "What do you mean we?" I asked. "You and Alphonse are home free. I'm the one who has to worry about Monday."

     There was a knock on the door, and Lieutenant Hawkeye walked in with some clothes.

     "Here's your uniform," she said, handing it to me. "I thought I'd give it to you now."

     "Great..." I mumbled, looking at it. White blouse with black pants. Standard, boring uniform.

     "I expect you're going to try it on?" she said, hinting Go now and try it on. I grimaced and said, "Be back in a sec," as I left the room and went down the hall to the bathroom to try it on.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"Nice..." Edward muttered when I walked in the room.

     "Say anything else and I'll kick your fricken' head right off your shoulders," I grumbled.

     "I think you look pretty," Alphonse said.

     "I agree," Hawkeye said with a laugh.

     "Then why did you laugh?" I asked menacingly. She shook her head and left the room.

     "This sucks..." I muttered. The sleeves of the shirt were too short, and the pants were a little too tight around the waist. I felt like an hourglass.

     "You should wear more clothes like that instead of the sweatshirt and jeans all the time," Alphonse said suddenly. I looked at him and felt my face get hot.

     "Sh-Shut up!" I said.

     "No, no, Al's right," Edward said, speaking up.

     "WHAT!?"

     "You need to look more like a girl," he said simply. "Then you can get a boyfriend, which I think you desperately need!" He started laughing. I cracked my knuckles, my just-healed hand cracking loudly. He immediately shut up, but kept a stupid grin on his face.

     "I'm changing out of this," I said, walking to the door. "I don't care if I look girly or not."



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
Sigh. Lucy is so much like me. XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL!!! I cant imagine Lucy wearing a uniform. It's so...not Lucy. XD

You need to look more like a girl," he said simply. "Then you can get a boyfriend, which I think you desperately need!"

XD Best.Line.Ever

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
1 Review
Added on October 24, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan