Chapter 31

Chapter 31

A Chapter by Keevan

"Lucy, I told you to contact me if anything ever got out of hand!" he shouted as Havoc and Hawkeye helped Edward off of my back. I fell to my knees and breathed a sigh of relief that it was over. My back hurt, too.

     "Why are you just in a T-shirt! You could get sick!" he yelled, still angry with me. "Fullmetal and Alphonse are in pieces, and I'm blaming you for this."

     "I killed the guy, Colonel," I said. "And I saved my friends from it, too. If anything is my fault, it's saving them from death, not leading them to it."

     "Why didn't you call for help?" he said, completely ignoring me.

     "It was my job to kill the maniac, and I felt it was my job to take Edward and Alphonse home," I said simply. "I did nothing wrong."

     "She pushed herself, Colonel," Alphonse said, sticking up for me. "Her legs gave out countless times, and she threw up a lot, but she kept pushing through until the very end. She saved us, Colonel, she really did."

     "What did you do with the body, then?" he asked. "Did you dispose of it?"

     "I forgot to do that, I said, shakily standing up and wiping blood away from my mouth. "but he's dead, and we're all fine."

     "You can't leave a dead body on the streets!" the colonel shouted at me. "For God's sake, use your head, you idiot!"

     "Don't...call her an idiot," Edward mumbled from his spot on the floor, slumped over. "That's...my job."

     "Take it easy, Edward," Hawkeye said to him. "Just stay put, don't talk. We're getting you medical help."

     "As for you, Lucy," the colonel said. "I expect you do do a better job on your next assassination." I knew that there wouldn't BE a next assassination because of the total monster I was in front of Alphonse when I killed that guy by slamming his head against a brick wall.

     "No," I said. "There's no next time."

     "Are you questioning your comanding officer?" he asked menacingly. I looked up into his hard cold eyes and spat, "Yes, I am, Roy!"  

     What happened next was kind of a blur. But one thing was certain: He hit me. Slapped me clear across the face.

     Everything was silent. I think even he thought it went too far.

     I kept my head down.

     "Lucy, I..." he began.

     "Screw you," I said, my voice low. "Screw all of you! Go rot in Hell for all I care! I'm done with this military s**t!" I punched Mustang in the stomach and ran out of there, ignoring the pain in my back and the shakyness of my legs.

      I just ran out of there, not looking back, even though I heard many officers coming after me, guns being loaded.

     As of that moment, I had went from being a military official, to a cirminal on Death Row for socking a colonel, also a military official, in the stomach.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

I went where my feet carried me, and that was to a back alley in Central. Where I used to always go to escape from the military. 

     That was before I met Edward and Alphonse.

     Before my life turned into a living Hell.

     I couldn't light my cigarette in the rain, so that made me mad. I punched the brick wall, angry over everything that happened that day. I punched it again with the same hand, angry that I was now homeless and hunted by the military. And then I punched it again, just for the sake of being angry, and heard all of my fingers crack at once. I punched it again and again. I punched it until I was sure that I had broken my fingers along with my hand.

     Once that was all out of my system, I sat down on the curb and did something that I don't think I had ever done before...

     I sat there and bawled like a baby.     



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
Kind of a short one. But at least it's a chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:( apparently your not a fan of Mustang hahaha.
i however am. and i disapprove of punching one of my fangirldoms!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awwwwwwwwww! Makes me wanna cry :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awwwwww Lucy!!!

Koda: -runs over and gives Lucy hug- It's okay Lucy...he puts us all through mental distress.

I hate Colonel Mustang even more now. >:(

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan