Chapter 37

Chapter 37

A Chapter by Keevan
"

Da da dun DA-de-DA!!! (The Final Fantasy victory music! XD)

"

That night, I laid in bed with Den at my feet. He wouldn't leave me alone for some reason.

     "I think he likes you," Edward said with a laugh. "He won't leave you alone!" And that was true. Den had cried at the bathroom door when I went in for thirty seconds. He wouldn't get off the bed. He growled when I tried to turn over and then licked my feet.

     I hadn't ever had a pet before, and I was kind of liking that I had one by my side, even if it was only for a little while.

     In the morning, when Edward and I had to go to the train station, Den had bit down hard on my sweatshirt and wouldn't let me leave the yard. He cried and whined ripped little holes in the fabric with his teeth.

     "Den, let go," Pinako said with a sigh. He reluctantly did, and then he licked my hand.

     "See you soon, Den," I said, patting his head. I'll admit, I was a little sad leaving him.

     On the train ride to Central, Edward said that he could fix the holes in my sweatshirt with alchemy. It was the same fabric as his red coat (which Havoc found when he collected the dead body of the killer and the girl), and it wouldn't be a problem.

     "So, you like dogs?" he said after a while. I nodded, realizing that I did. I had never thought about it before, but I did kind of like animals.

     "Hm," Edward mumbled. "I'll be right back." He got up, walked a little down the aisle, froze, and quickly ran back to the seat and pulled my hood over my head. He did the same with his.

     "Ed, what is it!?" I whispered.

     "You're dad's on the train," he whispered. "Keep your head down!"

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"He...he is!?" I muttered. I kept my head down and pulled my hood more over my head. I did NOT want him to see me.

     The train ride felt like years. I was SO glad when the train pulled into the station, and Edward and I just became two faces in a crowd of two hundred people.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

We practically ran off the train and out of the station. Once out of it, we caught a glimpse of Alphonse running down the street towards us.

     "Brother! Lucy!" he called. He had a small looking animal in his hands. He caught up to us, and I saw it was a small cat.

     "No, Al," Edward said right off the bat.

     "That's not what I mean, Brother!" Alphonse shouted. "I was on my way here, and I saw this cat, and it's leg is injured. Can't you use alchemy to do something? I would, but I don't have anything to draw a Transmutation Circle with."

     "I don't think alchemy can heal a broken leg, Alphonse," I said. "Just set it on someone's doorstep, ring the doorbell, run like Hell, and hope that the person who answer's the door takes care of the cat. Problem solved."

     "I don't know..." Alphonse said, looking down at the cat, who was purring relentlessly.

     "Geez, Lucy," Edward said with a laugh, shoving his hands in his coat pockets. "I woulda thought that you'd at least have SOME compassion, considering how much you took a liking to Den!"

     "I'm a dog person, I could care less about cats," I said. "They creep me out."

     What we ended up doing was my idea, as in putting it on someone's doorstep, ringing the bell, running like Hell, and hoping for the best.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"Good, you're back," Colonel Mustang said as Edward and I sat down on the chairs in front of his desk to report. "How did it go?"

     "Fine," Edward said. "and there's a suspicious man lurking in Central that I think you should know about."

     He was going to tell the colonel about the Bad Man.....



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
I seriously DO have a fear of cats....I just don't like them!!! >.<

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I still don't get why ED is afraid of 'the bad man'. my solution; murder him!!! ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think its funny that your scared of cats. comment more later, must read on.

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG! I'm so glad the Bad Man didn't see her!!!

I love kitties XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


O_O THE BAD MAN IS ON THE TRAIN?!?!? Ed should have punched his brains in. I would have.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

409 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan