Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Keevan
"

Uh huh!

"

The target is a fat man named Chiro, I thought as I looked around the base. The man that I have been ordered to kill was a dangerous former State Alchemist that has broke out of Death Row. He was known as the Lead Alchemist, and it was my job to eliminate him.

     I pulled the strings of my sweatshirt to make the hood cover more of my face, and dashed around a corner, slipping my gun out of it's holster.

     I refused to use alchemy ever since the failed Transmutation.

     I looked around the premises, looking for the fat man named Chiro. Why he would run to an abandoned laboratory, I can kind of see why.

     I darted around another corner and saw my target. He was crouched behind a bush.

     I casually but silently snuck up on Chiro and crouched behind him.

     "What's up?" I whispered. The man shot up and turned around to face me as I quickly hid my gun.

     "Get outta here, boy!" he shouted. "Unless you're looking to end your life!" I just stood there with one hand behind my back holding a gun, and the other hand in my pocket, gripping my pocket watch, not sure which one to show him first. He called me boy because my hood was over my head with my hair tucked in. Just for a little surprise when the find out I'm a girl, I guess.

     I noticed his hands. They had Transmutation Circles on them.

     "You're under arrest," I said as I took out my pocket watch. He started laughing, just as I expected him to.

     "You're just a kid!" he said through his laughter. "How could you be a State Alchemist?"

     "I'm no longer an alchemist," I said, backing away and putting my watch back in my pocket. "but I do work for the state." I pulled my hood down.

     "You're a girl!?" he shouted.

     I didn't answer. I pulled my gun from behind my back and fired.

     But he was quick with his alchemy. He placed his hands on the ground and a wall of lead formed in front of him.

     "Impossible," I said, staring. "You can't make lead from solid earth."

     "That's because you need my secret to do so!" Chiro cackled as he walked out from behind the lead wall. He dug in his pocket and grinned wickedly as he pulled out a necklace with a red stone.

     "The Philosopher's Stone," I whispered, not believing he had one. He laughed again and put the stone around his neck. He then spread his hands on the lead, pulling out of it a long spear.

     "You're a fellow alchemist," Chiro said, pointing at me with the spear. "so why don't we have a friendly little fight, alchemy included."

     "I believe I have already told you," I said, cocking my gun. "I'm no longer an alchemist. I have given up on alchemy."

     "And telling me that is where you made your mistake!" Chiro said as he advanced. I sighed, and figured I didn't have a choice. I would have to use alchemy.

     I clapped my hands together and placed them on my stomach. I quickly dissolved into nothing but a shadow, slunking across the ground.

     "What the--?" Chiro said as he skidded to a stop. "Where th' hell did you go?!"

     "Right here," I said calmly as I silently shot up from the ground. I put the gun to the back of his head and fired before he had a chance to realize he had been beaten. He fell to the ground, blood leaking from his head and pooling around him.

     "Mission accomplished," I mumbled as I stuck the gun back in it's holster.

     I looked at the mess on the ground and fought back the urge to throw up from the blood. That, and knowing I was standing by a dead person. Someone I killed.

     I bent down and was going to retrieve the Philosopher's Stone, but it was gone. All that was left was the string around Chiro's neck. I sighed and stood back up, backing away from the bloody man on the ground.

     I was about to push the button on the walkie-talkie radio the colonel had given me, but I froze when I heard slow clapping not far away.

     "Bravo," said a dark and seductive voice. "but can you live with what you have just done, Stealth?"

     "How do you know me?" I demanded as I turned around to face who had just spoke. There was a woman standing there, along with a very fat and short man. They were both clad in black.

     "Believe me, we know who you are, Lucille," the woman said as she swiped her black hair away from her face.

     "That fat man on the ground," the fat one said. "he's fat and plump, Lust! Can I eat him?"

     "I don't think so, Gluttony," Lust said, an evil smile on her face. "you might get indigestion."

     "Who are you people?" I asked coldly as I took my gun back out of the holster.

     "Let's save that for another night," Lust said as she turned to walk away. "Come, Gluttony." And then they were gone.

     "Wait!" I called as I ran a few feet. But I remembered my real assignment, and I had to let the colonel know it was done. I sighed, and just figured I'd include the people in black in my report. I yawned and switched out the gun for the radio.

     "Colonel," I said as I held the button down. "mission completed. Send your guys to come an clear out the site."

     "Are you sure he's dead?" the colonel asked.

     "No, he's very much alive, even though there's a bullet in his head," I said seriously. One of the things I couldn't stand was idiots, and unfortunately, I worked for one.

     "Stealth, honestly, don't joke about that," the colonel replied with annoyance.

     "I said don't call me Stealth," I said, a low tone in my voice. "I'm not a State Alchemist anymore."

     "Yet you still carry around the pocket watch."

     "Just shut up and get your sarcastic a*s over here, Mustang," I said with irritation. 

     "Remember who your superiors are, Lucy," he said with a sigh.

     "Whatever." I clicked out and stared at the man I had just killed.

     Did I mention I'm sixteen years old?



© 2011 Keevan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

its very intriguing and it draws you in by making yourself ask questions as to how Lucy got there and why she doesn't want to be associated as an alchemist. Oh, and also adding cool powers just makes it even more cool hahaha =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked it it shows her stregnth right away and her ability the proves it more by having Lust and Gluttony get involved which just proves that she is better than that showed. I think it's off to a great start and that your really showing her emotions clearly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


i like the start you have with the story but you could use a little more descripiton. Have the battle last longer. While the story is off to a good start i d=believe you could pace it just a little more. hope this helps.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like FMA .. i never finished watching the show....

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good bit of action right from the start. I can see that you've kept it going and that's a good thing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


pretty awesome so far.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a great hook. And i was right, totally hooked.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Whoa... a lot of a baggage for a 16 year old to carry.... i can't wait to read more XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh geez! Lucy got some tude! XD Take that Chiro!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I LOVE THIS! you HAVE to keep going!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

985 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2011
Tags: fma, Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Gemini Gemini

A Poem by Anonymous


nobody nobody

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E