Chapter 43

Chapter 43

A Chapter by Keevan

"I'll kill him," I muttered to myself constantly. "I'll kill him. I swear it...!"

     But I knew I couldn't do it. Envy was much more powerful than I was, judging by the way he oh-so swiftly broke Vincent's neck like that.

     Envy vanished after I passed out, and someone found the scene when they walked by. They called the police, and then the military stepped in. Vincent was for sure dead, and the colonel said he almost had a heart attack because he thought I was as well.

     He didn't say it to my face, I heard him and the lieutenant talking in the hallway outside of my hospital room.

     I'm completely fine. I don't have any injuries, but the doctors did discover my coughing blood habit I used to have, which I had completely forgotten about. The reason they were keeping me in the hospital was because they thought I was mentally disturbed after witnessing my friend get killed so brutally.

     But the thing is, that no one really knows how he died because Envy ran away so fast. All they know is that his neck got snapped by a man's hand.

     I did feel kind of mentally unwell. But I got over it after a few days, and just had a bad memory.

     Edward came to see me on the last day I was in there, while he made Alphonse stay at the military base and do his paperwork.

     "Lucy, I'm sorry," Edward said after he walked in. "I wish I could've done something to help..."

     "But you didn't," I said. My words were clipped and harsh. I didn't mean for it to be that way, either. There was no possible way that Edward could have known what was going on at that time.

     "I'm sorry," Edward finally said after a few minutes of silence. "How are you feeling?" I shrugged my shoulders. Edward handed me something.

     My pack of cigarettes.

     "No," I said. "I'm done." I hadn't smoked in days, and I felt fine. It was a perfect opprotunity to quit, and I took it.

     "Heh, good for you," Edward said, putting the pack back in his coat pocket.

     Just then, a doctor walked in. He closed the door and locked it.

     "What gives with locking the door?" Edward asked warily.

     "Privacy reasons," came Envy's voice from the doctor. That same bright light from the first time engulfed Envy once more, and he was himself, ginning wickedly.

     "I'll kill you!" I screamed, jumping up from the bed.

     Edward held his arm out in front of me to block me and said, "I don't want Envy hurting you! Stand back, he's a Homunculus!"

     "I know that, you idiot!" I shouted at Edward.

     "Wait--you know him?" Edward said, glaring at Envy. Envy nodded and said, "We're comrades in arms, aren't we, Pain?" I shuddered, hearing my name.

     "Pain!? What!?" Edward was obviously confused. "Comrades in arms!?"

     "You didn't know!?" Envy smirked like a know it all. "Your precious Lucy here is an artificially created Homunculus! Man made in a lab, unlike me."

     Truth: Unveiled.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

"Liar!" Edward screamed. "She is NOT!"

     "Let me show you!" Envy shouted, grabbing my arm and pulling me to his side. He pulled a knife from his pocket and cut into the skin on my right hand slightly.

     "AH!" I shouted against the pain. Envy peeled back the layer of skin, and then another. And other until a tattoo was exposed.

     My Oreborus Tattoo that was underneath my skin.

     "It was supposed to be kept hidden," Envy said, smirking. My hand started bleeding and burning, and I was really angry. Edward was unable to believe it. Suddenly, a rope was in Envy's hands, and he was tying my palms and ankles together. He threw me over his shoulder and said, "Later, Fullmetal Pipsqueak!" Envy jumped out of the three story hospital window.

    "Edward!" I screamed. "Help me!"

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Most of the time, I was staring at the ground and the back of Envy's legs as he ran. I couldn't life my head that well. Envy was running and darting left and right constantly, turning corners, jumping on top of buildings.

     And I never knew if Edward was following or not.

     I finally decided to try and ease the panic in my heart by closing my eyes and praying to whatever God was listening that Edward would find me, and that everything would turn out okay.

     After what seemed like forever, I was thrown on hard marble floor.

     I opened my eyes and saw the ballroom. And no one was there except me and Envy.

     "What are you going to do?" I asked as he untied my hands and ankles. He smirked and said, "I'm going to make you look pretty!"

______________________________________________________________________________

 

He forced me to change into a dress. It was black and tight around the middle, with a big grey bow on the chest. The sleeves were long, and it only had one shoulder. It stopped at about my ankles. I was also barefoot.

     Envy made me eat something, and then my hair was back to that dark brown. That odd color that I woke up with and almost fainted because of.

     "What was that!?" I yelled at him.

     "Red stone," he said, holding one up. "I've been feeing them to you for a while in your sleep!"

     I felt disturbed again.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Envy made me stand in the middle of the ballroom. What he was planning, I had no idea. That is, until he smacked the back of my head with something, and I was unconscious.

     But I was also conscious at the same time. It was an out of body experiance. At that exact moment, it was like I was glued to the ceiling, seeing and hearing everything in the room.

     I was unconscious on the floor, my eyes still wide with shock. Envy was laughing, and he closed my eyes. He laid me on my back in the middle of the floor.

     After a few minutes, Edward ran into the ballroom.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
I'm on a roll!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Holy COW!!! I like the idea of a tatt under the skin.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

499 Views
1 Review
Added on October 29, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan