Chapter 41

Chapter 41

A Chapter by Keevan
"

Let's see what happens in this chapter....tee hee!

"

4•(x-23n)

     Math.....

     I was trying to figure out that problem when I note was slapped on my desk in front of me. Without looking up, I grabbed the note and crumpled it up without reading it and threw it behind me, where no one sat.

     A few seconds later, another note was thrown at my head in the form of a paper airplane. I saw it coming out of the corner of my eye and grabbed it just before it made impact with my head. I, again, crumpled it up and threw it behind me without looking at what was written.

     "Zoe told me to tell you, 'B***h, just read the fricken' note!'" the girl next to me whispered. I grimaced and broke my pencil in half. What did that damn Zoe have against me, anyway!? She threw another note at me, and I grabbed it and read it.

 

If you have trouble reading your work, as your boyfriends. They'll help ya, s**t.

--Z

 

I grimaced again and crumpled it up, throwing it behind me again. I was positive that I'd have a decent pile back there by the end of class.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

I sighed, remembering that I had to walk back to Central Command today. The Lieutenant was on an assignment on the far edge of town.

     And I wasn't expecting what happened after I put my books in my bag.

     "Um, you're Lucy Mustang, right?"

     I closed my locker and looked at the boy who just said that. He had black hair, kind of an emo-thing with the style, and  his bangs were kind of in his eyes. Which, by the way, were the same green as mine. He wore the standard boys uniform in kind of his own style, the shite shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, his tie loosened a lot, and his pants had one knee ripped.

     In my mind, the word douchebag played over and over.

     "What's it to ya?" I asked, shouldering my bag.

     "Um," he said, sounding kind of nervous. "Just...just wondering, um, if those rumors are...y'know, true?"

     "It depends, what did you hear?" I asked, staring at my locker. He whispered what he heard about me in my ear, and I felt my face go red with embarrassment and anger.

     "Of course not!" I practically shouted. "Some b*****s made it up about me last year just to pick on the new kid, who happened to be a retard."

     "You're retarded?" he asked. "You don't look retarded..."

     "That's-That's not what I mean," I said in my defense. "I mean, I'm dyslexic and can't write very well. My reading level is barely past seventh grade."

     "Huh, we have something in comon," he said. "I'm also dyslexic, and writing is hard for me, too."

     "Liar," I said. "I hate everyone here, the people always just tricking me and calling me names, and spreading rumors...."

     "I'm not lying," he said. "I'm new here, and my name is Vincent Quincey. I'm in your class starting tomorrow, I think. I saw the list of students, and I noticed your name, and I remembered some rumors I heard about you."

     "None of them are true, d****t!" I grumbled, glaring at Vincent.

     "I figured that," he said. "Judging by your picture, you don't look like a s**t or tramp. You're actually kind of cute."

     He said kind of. Even so, I felt my heart leap. No one had ever said that to me before.

     "Um, thanks, Vincent," I said. We walked out of the building together, him telling me a little more about himself.

     He just moved here from East City because his dad had a job transfer in the military (go figure). He had a sister named Tsuki, and his mother passed away two years ago. And, he had only two friends back in East City, but they went missing one day six years ago and never came back.

     "I know what that's like, in a way," I said. We stopped at the gate in front of the school, and I sighed, remembering I had to walk back.

     "So, uh, where you off to?" Vincent asked, looking like he was blushing a bit.

     "Central Command," I said without thinking.

     "You mean, the military building?" he asked, surprised. "Wait, Mustang...is Colonel Roy Mustang your father!?"

     "No!" I shouted. "I mean, he's just a legal guardian, I guess. Trust me, he's NOT my dad. Never..."

     "Well, do you think I could...walk you back?" he asked, blushing again.

     I thought it over, and shrugged. It wasn't like he was going into the building with me, anyway.

     Together, we walked down the street to Central Command.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
Lucy made a friend!!! O_O

OMG THE WORLD SHALL COLLAPSE!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awwwwww, that's so sweet; you know, unless he turns out to be a jerk who really wants to kill her. That'll suck.

Posted 13 Years Ago


*nosebleed* I like this Vincent kid...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

409 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 27, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan