Chapter 42

Chapter 42

A Chapter by Keevan

That night, I was feeling.....odd. It was about when Vincent and I walked back to the military building.

     Edward had been waiting outside for me.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

     When he saw us approach, he grimaced a little narrowed his eyes at Vincent, and said, "Who're you?"

     "Uh, Vincent," Vincent replied.

     "We met after school," I said. Edward didn't seem to like the idea that I made a friend, and that confused me.

     Edward pointed at Vincent and said, "I wanna know stuff about you so I know Lucy's in good hands!"

     "Why do you care, Fullmetal?" I asked, crossing my arms. He blushed madly and said, "J-Just...I, uh, I wanna know if this guy's for real, and not just one of those jerks!"

     "I'm not one of those jerks!" Vincent shouted back. I sighed, and punched both of them on the back of the head.

     "You're annoying me," I said. "I"m going inside to do my homework. I'll see you tomorrow, Vincent."

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

I stood up and turned on my light. I had a headache starting. That, and I had an eerie feeling in the pit of my stomach that things were going to start getting out of my control.

     That happened the next day.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

Vincent and I were walking home. The lieutenant was gone again.

     We passed an alley, and I felt a strong disturbance coming from in it. I looked in, and saw Edward sitting there, reading a book.

     "Ed, what are you doing?" I asked, walking toward him. Vincent followed.

     Big mistake.

     Edward grinned wide, and then a big bright light engulfed him, leaving Envy behind.

     "What...what was that!?" I yelled at Envy. He snickered and said, "Just thought I'd show you what I can do."

     And THAT'S when Envy noticed Vincent standing there, shock and fear a mask on his face.

     "Lucy...what is this guy!?" he shouted. Envy sighed, and said, "I guess there'll be at least one casualty. Man, this always happens! But I like it that way." He snickered again, and grabbed Vincent around his neck, lifting him in the air with one hand.

     "Put him down..." I said. "Put him down, Envy!"

     "Too late, kid," Envy said. "He saw too much. I doubt he can keep his mouth closed about me." With one swift move, Envy snapped Vincent's neck and hurled him further down the alley.

     I screamed and immediately blacked out. Turns out, my retarded brain couldn't comprehend what I just saw.

     I hadn't even been able to mention to myself that I kinda-sorta....liked Vincent.

____________________________________________________________________________

 

I opened my eyes to a dark room. I sat up and screamed Vincent's name. Instead, Colonel Mustang and the lieutenant, along with a doctor and nurse, barged into the room, opening the door and turning on the lights, which made me flinch.

     "Where is he!?" I screamed, frantically looking around. "Where is he!? Where am I!? I HAVE TO SAVE HIM!"

     I tried to get out of the bed, but Hawkeye and the colonel held me down while the nurse and doctor got a big needle ready.

     "I have to save him!" I screamed again. "Why are you doing this!?"

     "You're in the hospital, Lucy," Hawkeye said calmly through my confusion and screaming. "Vincent is dead. You can't save him."

     "He's not dead!" I screamed. "He's not dead!!!"

     "Calm down!" the colonel shouted at me, a death grip on my arm. "Hurry up with that medicine!"

     The doctor came over and stuck the needle in my arm.

     I screamed again, and then laid my head down, wincing at the stinging, crying at the confusion, and shaking because of the truth.

     Vincent was dead. My friend that I had for twenty four hours was dead. And Envy did it.

     That was all my mushy brain took in until I fell unconscious again.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
It's short, I know. :/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

god damn you.
thats all i have to say.
there was supposed to be something there and then ed would get jealous and it would get cute and mushy and sad and emotional.
you just killed my hopes and dreams

Posted 13 Years Ago


....Not surprised :'(

Posted 13 Years Ago


VINCENT!!!!! :O

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan