Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Keevan

"Take a seat," the colonel said as I entered his office. Lieutenant Hawkeye was standing by him. I sighed and took a seat on the couch.

     "What would you like to speak about?" I asked, taking out a cigarette.

     "First of all, if you smoke in here, you're fired," he said sternly.

     "Oh, come on," I said, putting it back in my pocket. "Havoc gets to smoke in here, so why can't I?"

     "Havoc's a Lieutenant," he said with a sigh. "but I didn't call you here to talk about that. I called you here because of your report."

     "What about it?" I asked, not really caring.

     "I can't read a word of this," Mustang said as he handed it to Hawkeye, who handed it to me. "and I'm pretty sure this is the first report you've actually turned in."

     "Excuse me for having dyslexia," I said sarcastically as I looked at the report.

     "It's not just that," he continued. "most of what you wrote doesn't even look like letters. Have you ever learned how to write?"

     "Well, no," I said honestly. "It got frustrating, so I quit learning how. So what if I can't read or write well?"

     "That's a big issue," Mustang said as he sighed. "but for now just tell me what happened on your assignment."

     "Chiro, the man I killed," I began. "he had a Philosopher's Stone. But it disappeared when he died."

     "If he had a Philosopher's stone, he meant business," the colonel said as he stood up and looked out the window. "What else happened?"

     "Two people in black showed up," I said, remembering the two people that showed up after. "a woman and a short fat man. And apparently, they knew me."

     "How so?"

     "The woman called me Lucille." I remembered the creepy grin Lust wore when she said my name.

     "Lucy, they might be connected to your past," Hawkeye said suddenly. "but, did they look like good people?"

     I thought about it. The woman, Lust, had dark and wavy black hair with a perfect hourglass figure. She had a strange tattoo on her chest above her breasts. The fat man, I think his name was Gluttony, was short and bald, with a big mouth. He has asked Lust if he could eat the body of Chiro, didn't he...?
     "They're not good people," I said, completely sure I was right. "I remember what their names--" A sharp pain suddenly exploded inside my head. I flinched a little and put a hand on my forehead. It felt like...something was telling me I wasn't doing what I was supposed to be doing.

     "Lucy, what's wrong?" Lietenant Hawkeye asked as she stood by me. I waved her off and mumbled, "Nothing."

     Speak of what you're not supposed to and I won't be pleased, said a voice in my head. I blinked. It wasn't really a voice, it was like I heard the words in my head, but there was no sound attached to them. It was...wierd.

     Who the hell do you think you are, invading my head like that? I thought back with annoyance.

     "Lucy, answer my question," Colonel Mustang said loudly. I looked at him and dropped my hand, the pain subsiding.

     "Repeat," I said.

     "Do you remember what they look like? And you said you remember their names?"

     The pain was starting to ease up again, so I sighed and said, "No, I don't remember much of what they looked like. I don't remember their names, either." I stood up. "I'm going now."

     "Hold on, I'm not done with you yet," the colonel said as he stood up and walked around his desk.

     "I'm done here," I said again, taking a step to the door.

     "Lucy Mustang, get your a*s back on that couch," he said sternly as he grabbed ahold of my forearm.

     "That's not my last name!" I shouted, pulling my arm. "I'm not your daughter!"

     "I took care of you for four years and I'm your comanding officer!" Mustang shouted back. "It doesn't matter what your last name is, I'm in charge of you!"

     "Let go of my arm, you're not the boss of me!" I yelled as I fell to my knees, my voice getting quieter. "You don't own me...you don't."

     "Your legs are starting to give out again," he said as he pulled me up and sat me down on the couch. "Don't stress yourself too much."

     "Yes, sir," I mumbled.

     "Lieutenant Hawkeye," he said. "take Lucy back to her dorm. She can't walk on her own."

     When I was a kid, I didn't have strong legs. I had to wear braces on them so I could walk. The rehab was hard, but eventually, I didn't need to wear the braces anymore. My legs just falter under pressure these days.

     "Yes, sir," Lieutenant Hawkeye said as she helped me stand up from the couch.

     "Later, Pops," I said as we walked to the door. He sighed.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"You could get fired one of these days," Lieutenant Hawkeye said as she helped me walk down the hall. "You really should watch what you say."

     "He's not going to fire me," I said as I yawned. "but when he does, it'll be the happiest day of my life."

     "What do you mean by that?"

     "I may not have any money or anything, but I'll finally be able to try and figure some stuff out, like who my parents are." We stopped in front of the door to my dorm.

     "Thanks for walking me back," I said as I opened the door. "I can take it from here."

     "Please, be careful," she said. I nodded and walked into my room.



© 2011 Keevan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A voice?! That is so cool and makes you ask so many questions too. Your doing such a good job but I did find a sentence that did not make sense to me, just take another look at it and if it's fine then its my fault but here it is:
"I took care of you for four year, and I'm your comanding officer!" Mustang shouted back.
Keep up the good work
C

Posted 12 Years Ago


FAIL ON MY PART!

I was reading this thinking it was from Heart of Change. XDD

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lucy: Are u my dad? I mean for real?
Mustang: Time for the truth, yea. Riza is your mommy.
Lucy: *Grabs bucket throws up*
Mustang: Thats nice.
lolz

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yeah, she's totally Mustang and Riza's kid XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow...Lucy's got a voice too? :D

Nina: Are we related?
Lucy: In a sense, yes.

X3

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2010
Last Updated on June 29, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan