Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Keevan

I walked around the town, where hardly any people were around. But the ones who were outside, I showed them Togi's picture, and they all pointed in the same direction--toward an old and shanky looking tavern. They all said that anyone could find him there before he went out on his nightly raid.

     That didn't make sense to me. If everyone knew where he was and what he did, why didn't someone try and stop him?

     I walked into the bar, greeted by loud noise and a few drunk guys coming my way.

     "Aren't you a little under aged to be in here?" one guy asked me, a perverted grin on his face and his words slurred. "What do you think, Chuck?" I noticed he wasn't much taller than me, but his friend was much taller.

     "Nah, Brad, she's probably just short for an eighteen year old," the other guy, Chuck, said, almost tripping over his own feet. Brad and Chuck giggled like school girls, and Brad made the mistake of trying to grab my arm. By instinct, my arm lashed out, and my fist met the side of his head. He made an "erk" sound as he fell, completely out cold.

     "Crazy b***h!" Chuck shouted. Heads turned, and pulled out my pocket watch, for military proof.

     "I'm looking for scum named Togi," I said. "Where is he?" Everyone pointed to two men sitting at the end of the bar in the back. I made my way back there, slipping my pocket watch back in my sweatshirt pocket. I ignored the feeling of all eyes in the bar on me as I went.

     "Which one of you is the infamous Togi?" I asked as soon as I reached the two men sitting there. I couldn't tell who was Togi, because they both had their backs to me. One of them laughed.

     I asked again.

     No response.

     "You're pissing me off," I said loudly. "Which one of you is Togi? The military would like to question and arrest you." Both men turned around and pointed guns at me.

     The one on the left was Togi. I could tell by the big gold nose ring.The other one was just a comrade or something.

     "Tell the military to get off my back," Togi said. "I done nothin' wrong. I'm just a poor, poor man enjoying life at a bar before I go home." I saw something sparkling around his neck. It was a gold choker necklace.

     "If you're so poor," I said. "then how do you have a gold choker around your neck?"

     "Toe, she's on to you!" Togi's partner cackled, making it obvious that he, too, was drunk. Togi sighed, put the gun up to his friend's head, and pulled the trigger.

     The entire bar fell silent after the deafening blast, except the sound of the body slumping and thumping onto the hard wood floor, blood pooling around the man's head.

     "Mind explaining why the hell you shot your friend in the head?" I asked calmly, still ignoring all of the eyes I felt looking my way. Togi stood up from his bar stool, looming over me. I took a few steps back.

     "He said too much," Togi said. "Whoever says too much around here gets sent back to exactly where they're from. And that would be the fiery pits of--"

     "Quit rambling," I cut in. I took out my gun and stomped on Togi's foot. He, by natural instinct, arched his back forward as he grabbed his foot yowling. I put the gun to his forehead and cocked the gun.

     "Come with me," I said. "I've got to ask you some questions." I saw some rope conveniently hanging on the wall, and took it. With the gun still to Togi's head, I tied his wrists together awkwardly behind his back and walked him out of the bar. It was dead silent until the door to the tavern closed behind me, for I heard some cheering after I escorted him out.

     "You'll never prove anything," Togi muttered.

     "There's enough proof as it is because you're known in the military," I said. I slipped my walkie talkie out of my pocket and phoned Ed.

     "What do you want?" he asked annoyed. I guess I woke him up.

     "Get your a*s down here to the tavern, I caught him," I said. "and drag Tin Man with you."

     "Copy that," he said with a very big and exaggerated sigh. I sighed as well, and put the walkie talkie back in my pocket. Togi sat on the ground, his legs crossed.

     "Did I say that you could sit down?" I asked him. He just grunted. I fired the gun, but aimed it at the ground next to him.

     "Does that mean you can sit down?" I asked as if he was a small child.

     He quickly stood up and turned around to face me. There was fear written all over his face.

     "What are you?!" he shouted.

     "I'm an assassin for the military, now shut the hell up," I said, cocking the gun again.

     He kept his mouth shut.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"Where the hell have you been?" I asked annoyed when Edward and Alphonse finally showed up.

     "We got lost," Alphonse said innocently. "Is this the thief?"

     "Yep, this is the dirtbag," I said, still pointing the gun at him. "Fullmetal, interrogate him."

     Edward told Togi to sit down on the ground. After he did so, Edward kneeled down in front of him and asked, "Where are all of the things that you stole from the people here?"

     "I don't know," he answered, not looking at Edward. I shot the gun, shooting the ground right next to him again.

     "Tell the truth," I said. "or else I'll have to kill you."

     "I...I ain't tellin' ya nothing!" he shouted. "So call it whatever you want, I'm resistin'!" Edward flashed Togi his State Alchemist pocket watch and said, "I'll ask again. Where is everything?"

     "I sold it to a man, but last I heard that man died three days ago," he said.

     "What was his name?"

     "Like hell I'll tell ya!"

     I shot the ground again. I had one bullet left before I had to reload.

     "I'm not playing around, Togi," I said severely. "If you don't answer, you'll have to answer to the bad cop. That's me." I cocked the gun.

     "His...his name was..." Togi stammered. I saw sweat beading on his forehead. "I don't know what his name was! He was always wearing a black mask and clothes, so I don't know what he looks like, neither! He paid me in gold for that stuff!"

     "You mean this garbage?" Edward said as he fingered the gold necklace around Togi's neck. Edward went behind him and unclasped it, taking it off. There was a green ring around his neck from the cheap metal.

     "Whoever that was, he was scamming you big time," Edward said as he looked at the choker. "the cheap metal turned your neck green." Togi's face turned red with anger, but quickly extinguished when I walked closer to him with the gun.

     "I know you kept some of the stuff you took," I said. "Where is it?" A creepy smile spread across his face.

     "That's a secret that's going to die with me," he said. "I'm not tellin' ya whether you're military or not."

     "What do we do, Lucy?" Edward asked. I narrowed my eyes at Togi.

     "The military's going to have to step in and search this place," I said. "We did our part, now it's time to dispose of the robber."

     "Shouldn't the military ask him questions, even though he didn't reply to us?" Alphonse asked.

     "You're right," I said, lowering my arm. I stuck the gun back in it's holster at my belt. Just as I turned away, Togi spoke up.

     "You made a mistake, not killin' me," Togi said. I stared at him.

     "What was that?" I asked. "Are you saying you want to die now?" His creepy smile got even bigger. He stood up, the ropes falling to the ground. He had a knife, and his gun.

     "Say goodnight, cupcake!" he shouted, aiming the gun at me. He fired it so fast that I couldn't dodge it. I felt a sharp and searing pain graze the right side of my stomach. It felt like a fire was burning me.

     "Lucy!" Edward and Alphonse screamed.



© 2011 Keevan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:O Must.... read.... more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ohs nos! I love this book so far. I must read on.

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG LUCY NOOOOO!!!!



Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

534 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2010
Last Updated on October 2, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan