Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Keevan

"Lucy is a cute nickname for you," my older sister said. I looked about six, and she looked eight. We were sitting on a grassy hill under a tree. We were waiting for two boys, our friends, to come and play with us. I twiddled around with some grass and said, "My name's Lucille. Lucy's not my name."

     "A nickname can be your name, silly!" she said with a laugh. She put her hand on my head like she always did and sat there giggling.

     "Where are they?!" I asked loudly as I stood up. "They're late!"

     "We've only been sitting here for about ten minutes," my sister said, standing up with me. "You need to learn to be patient, Lucy."

     "My name's Lucille," I grumbled. I poked her shoulder, somethig I always did when I was annoyed with her, and she winced, flinching away a little.

     "You okay?" I asked, thinking of the Bad Man. He had pulled her into his room for a longer period of time than he usually did. She got an angry look on her face, but only for a second before she smiled and shrugged.

     "Look!" she shouted excitedly as she pointed. Our friends were running our way. 

     "Edward! Alphonse!" my sister called happily as she waved her arms in the air. Edward, who had blonde hair, tripped on his way up the hill and rolled down it, tripping his little brother Alphonse on the way down. They both tumbled down the hill, laughing like maniacs. I saw their mother, Trisha, walking our way as well. My sister and I ran down the hill to make sure that Edward and Alphonse were okay.

     "Hi!" they both said as they stood up when we reached them. They were wearing the same goofy smiles that they always wore.

     "Hi, girls," Trisha said happily as she patted Edward and Alphonse on the head.

     "Hello, Miss Trisha," my sister said, always being the polite and responsible one. We started playing, Edward, Alphonse, my sister and I, while Trisha sat under that tree and watched. It was usually like that. We'd play tag, Duck Duck Goose, and we'd roll around in the grass.

     That day when Trisha took a picture was one of the best.

     "How about a picture?" Trisha said as she pulled a camera out of her apron pocket. We all ran over from playing tag, all happy and excited.

     "Yeah! A picture!" Edward shouted. "Stand next to me, Lucille!" He grabbed my wrist and wouldn't let me wiggle away, though I was sure I was blushing. Edward was always wanting to stand or sit by me.

     My sister smiled and laughed, as did Alphonse, and we all posed for the picture.

     "Everyone say cheese!" Trisha said as she took the picture. She took it, and then another one. Trisha looked at the pictures and shook them out so they would be more clear. She handed me a copy and said, "Hang onto that one. That's a special picture." I looked at it, with Edward leaning over my shoulder, also looking at it. He giggled and said that I looked cute in my red shirt and white skirt.

     I blushed again.

 

"Lucille, quickly and quietly, get to your room," my sister instructed me as we crept in the house. We were late past our curfew, and we knew that the Bad Man wouldn't be happy.

     I quickly ran to my room and gently closed the door.

     "Serah!" I heard the Bad Man scream. "You're late coming home. Get your sister and explain yourselves!"

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"Serah," I said as my eyes slowly opened. "I had a sister named Serah."

     I sat up and looked around the familiar room of the inn in Genheim, now certain of a few mysteries.

     1) The picture I have was taken by Edward and Alphonse's mother.

     2) Edward and Alphonse were childhood friends of mine.

     3) That girl in the picture with me was named Serah.

     4) Serah was my sister.

     5) There are some things I need to ask Edward and Alphonse.

     And 6) I might finally be on the right path of digging up my lost memories.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
Chapter's done lol. I wrote all of this on my ipod.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:O GASP!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh sweet. We're finally getting some answers.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

444 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan