Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Beverly Jane
"

It might not make sense now, but it will soon.

"

I walked swiftly into the lightly lit club. I haven’t been here since Mizu’s death. Now, was my time to dance; dance on my own. Jay followed suit ready for this new experience. I slipped my hood on top of my head looking at the DJ and smiling. He raised his eyebrow at me and I nodded. He smiled showing teeth, and the room went dark.


That’s when the spotlight was on me, and the music started.


The song “Come and Get It” by Selena Gomez rang in my ears and my body began to move smoothly with the song. Striding in step, my robe fell off my body showing off my barely covered tanned skin.


I laughed seeing the guy’s eyes on me. “When you’re ready come and get it”


Moving my hips the red beads on my skirt hit my body.


“I’ll be sitting here real patient,” I sat on a Jay’s lap wrapping my legs around his body. He smiled at my boldness going to touch his lips to mine, I pulled away beginning to dance away.


“Let me get that,” I touched the floor jerking my body back.


“I’ve got no regrets so baby whenever you’re ready.”


Moving my arms in synch with the music, I looked at Jay.


“This love will be the death of me, but I know I’ll die happily.”


I spun my head around in a seductive way as the music ended, and everyone stared at my wide eyed.


I smiled biting my lip as the lights went low again and I rushed out of the club.


I haven’t felt this kind of adrenaline since Mizu died.


***

“What is your name sir?” the red head asked boldly. “If you must know my name is Romeo Montague,” the boy with the dark hair hissed. She parted her lips ever so slightly, as if she was going to speak then put them back in place. “And yours madam?” he growled. She rolled her eyes at his anger, who was he to judge her anyway? “My name is Juliet Capulet, and I’ll be ever so glad if you forget that name. A young soul like you is such a bother,” she spoke calmly.


His face grew red in anger. “Why you, speak to me that way? How dare you! How wrong have ever I done you?” he questioned. She leaned in smiling slightly, “You have burdened me with your presence.” She turned away from him, her dark dress twirling in the air. Romeo, felt a slight wanting in him. Something was attractive about a woman like herself she was not only bold but beautiful.


Something attracted him to her, and he did not want her to leave. “Wait,” he spoke quickly. Juliet turned from her graceful stride with curiosity in her eyes. Her beautiful green eyes shined brightly, he didn’t want her to go.

“Maybe we started off on the wrong foot..”


***


“Don’t get too happy, it was part of the show,” I smiled. Jay stopped me mid step taking my chin in his soft hands. “For now,” he whispered leaning in to kiss me. I pulled away briskly smiling. He huffed angrily, “When will you allow us to be together?”  Something inside me stung a little; never should be my answer. Of course, I do love Jay but, Mizu. Oh Mizu, it’s almost been a year and I am still not able to deal with the fact that you’re gone. I won’t accept it; it has to be a mistake.


I stood away from him, looking out the window of my house. I saw a dark figure, curious I opened the window leaning down. “What is it?” Jay asked.


“It’s time, it’s time. He’s coming.”


***



© 2013 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
Alright guys, short chapter I know but haven't wrote in a while so I thought I'd give you something. Also, I have a "hidden" Romeo & Juliet moment that happens after this book if you would like me to post it let me know. It's a bit more mature then this I must admit, but I have a feeling you guys might like it, so let me know if ya want to read it. K? Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on April 23, 2013
Last Updated on April 23, 2013
Tags: Fantasy


Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane