Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A Chapter by Beverly Jane
"

Death is a dark cloud that hovers over innocent souls.

"

Shortly after I walked through the portal, Jay jumped through after me. Mizu shook his head in pain. “No, no, what have I done?” he moaned. I wanted to touch him and make sure he was real. This place was like spring, a huge meadow went as far as I could see. With flowers of every color; even more. Where we stood trees laced around us, vines, and rose bushes. It was a beautiful site to see, if it wasn’t for the circumstances.


The realization of what I have done washed over me. We were both to die, as sacrifices to save the fairy race. That’s what they have been telling me, and I had chosen to ignore this to find it coming true to my dismay. Was this truly the only way? I stared at Mizu, feeling my body shake. Then looked at Jay, who was rubbing his arm; oh how wrong I was for doing that to him. The ground began to grumbly quietly.


I walked over to Jay, touching his arm. “I am so sorry Jay,” tears spilled out of my eyes. He looked at me, exhaustion in his eyes. “You must come back with me now,” he started to ramble on but I brought my finger to his lips. “I can’t, I have to do this,” I whispered. He shook his head no, tears running down his cheeks. “Kaji, no you don’t,” Mizu’s voice echoed in the back around. I ignored it. We both had to do this. I touched Jay’s cheek gently, as a storm cloud over took the sky.


He shook his head in desperation. I stared into his creamy brown eyes. “I love you Jay, goodbye.”

He tried to object, but I kissed him silencing his objection. Goodbye Jay, this kiss will be the last thing I will know of you. I hope this is the last wonderful beautiful thing you will feel of me, because I feel it as beautiful. He stared wide eyed at me, and I closed my eyes falling into his kiss.


That’s when I heard the booming voice, that was like lightning striking the ground, “Silence, it is now to begin.”  I pulled away as the ground began to crackle, I looked to Mizu. “It’s time,” I mouthed to him and his head merely fell down in shame.


His hollow water sea blue eyes stared at me. He knew what was to come, actually we both did. I found myself afraid. Not for me, but for him. He still had a family that he was an importance to; he had a reason to be here. Although, I still had my mother but I did not matter to her.  She was too lost in her sorrows and lost mind to even notice the fact that she still loves me. He reached out towards me but, before he could touch me his arm dropped. I wanted to say I was sorry; I wanted to cry, and throw my arms around him and tell him I loved him. More than anything I wanted to scream, scream of how unfair this was, scream of the pain it caused us, and just scream. His eyes were ice cold, but I still couldn’t find myself able to pull my eyes from his. We both felt the ground shake and quickly looked around. We backed away from each other looking around even more. It was starting. Lightning struck down in between us and I shrieked trying to get to him. The ground between us split and started to pull away from each other; putting too much distance between us. It made me go into shock as I begun to scream at him. He shook his head at me, knowing there was nothing we could do. Nothing to change it, nothing to stop it, he had already given up. I felt anger go through me and my hair start to burn at the ends. I could feel my eyes burning. I’m not letting this happen, not to us, not to him.


Gritting my teeth I jumped across the gap between us, and I could hear Jay’s screams. He has to let me go. I turned to see vines pulling him, and he fought even harder. That’s when this thick vine like structure went through the midsection of his body.


***

 



© 2013 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
Things are heating up, ready for some more? ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on April 25, 2013
Last Updated on April 25, 2013
Tags: Tragedy


Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane