Getting To Know

Getting To Know

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     I woke up to hear John and the nurse talking to each other. My arm was bandaged, throbbing, but secure. I strained my ears to hear John.
   
     "Do you know what happened?" The nurse asked John.
     "No. Well, not exactly. I was driving up to the intersection and suddenly she fell off her motorcycle. When I got out of my truck, I saw that she had been shot but that is all I know." John replied.
     "Did you get her name?"
     "No, she seemed to be in too much pain to speak... Why all these questions?"
     "She doesn't have a driver's license, ID, credit cars, or anything... The one thing we found was this gun. It was loaded so we took the bullets out."
     "You're sure she had that?"
     "It was in her pocket and we have no reason to believe otherwise unless you put the gun in her pocket."
     John paused as if to think about it.
     "Did you?" the nurse asked.
     "No... But I don't think that----."
     "I'm sorry but the police have already been informed. Once she wakes up they will question her."
     "Can I go in there first? Like right now?"
     "Let me see if she is awake first."

     I heard the door opening so I quickly closed my eyes as if I was still asleep. The door closed but I could feel someone in the room. I couldn't tell who it was so I decided to stay still until I found out. The person shifted nervously in the chair and touched my shoulder. Gently, the person shook me. Their grip was firm and I took a small peak at the person. Sitting in the chair was John. He leaned back in the chair when he saw my eyes open.
     "Why?" I heard him ask.
     "Because I had no choice." I replied softly.
     "You heard everything, didn't you?"
     "Yes... John----"
     "That gun. Why would you have such a thing? The police are going to be here any second to question you. I don't know why but I'm not really afraid of you. That gun doesn't seem like something you would have."
     "You also don't know me very well. I had no choice. I'm afraid to say too much but if I don't find the man then he will kill me and continue with his business... His business includes, the police, the president, and a whole bunch of people. He hires them to kill. I rebelled and I want to get at them..."
     "I don't understand any of this. What's your name?"
     A smile spread across my lips, "You wouldn't want to know and if you do. Once I tell you, you're going to wish you never knew."
     Suddenly, I heard the police talking to the nurse, "John, you have to go. Don't try to help me further because you are just going to end up getting killed. Please, just leave."
     The man looked at me for a second before getting up and actually leaving the room. I was partly stunned that he actually left. He didn't argue or anything. Then, I heard I heard the nurse scream.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it isn't at all intense. I did leave you with a little intense part at the end to keep you wanting more. :) What will happen next? Hahaha. Next chapter coming very soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oooooo yay another chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! What an ending! I am dying to know why the nurse was screaming!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The ending is intense...I'm wondering if there will be more involved police, or someone else from the buisness come to find her. Great chapter looking forward to more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful chapter, I'm sure you worked very hard because it showed. WRITE MORE OR ELSE....!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You looked like you worked hard on this one! Love this :) Thx for sharing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2011
Last Updated on July 29, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Intruders Intruders

A Chapter by BrynnaW.


The Warrior The Warrior

A Story by BrynnaW.


Red Red

A Poem by BrynnaW.


A Raindrop A Raindrop

A Story by BrynnaW.