12. A Funeral

12. A Funeral

A Chapter by CompellingComposer

Jayson:

    I had changed. I was one of them, now. I bit down into the flesh of my friends and thought nothing of it. My body grew scars from battles that I hadn’t fought. I felt sluggish and cold. I was walking amongst them, marching in rows of five with six rows. One zombie turned it’s head to me and mumbled something that sounded foreign. Somehow, I understood and spoke that language back to him, fluently. As he nodded his head, I heard a snap and realized how fragile they were.

    A door swung open and everyone walked in. I recognized this to be the school gym. Monsters were everywhere. The gym was at the end of the hall we were in and at the other end was the nurse’s office. I walked around the gym, ignoring everyone else. Suddenly, I felt as though I was drifting away. Out of this world, out of my dream…

    “ The gym! They’re in the gym!” I yelled. “ That’s where they are!”

    My eyes opened as I shouted. I could finally see! I could finally talk!

    “ What do you mean?” Vincent asked, running over to me. It was night and he had been woken up by my yelling.

    “ The, the zombies. I know! I know where they are. Where they all stay,” I said, sitting up. My head began to feel woozy

    “ How do you know this?” he asked. I shrugged. I looked around, wondering why no one else was awake due to my previous screaming and found that no one else was still in the room except for Vincent and I.

    “ Where… where is everybody?”

    Vincent sighed and looked down.

    “ At a funeral.”

Caroline:

    The service was short. There was no way to escape the school, and it wasn’t like we wanted to, anyway. There were probably billions of zombies out there. It took place in a classroom five doors away from where we had been living. We opened closet, set the body inside, said a few words, and then, cried. I held Nathan close to me, burying my face in his chest. I wasn’t crying from grief, I was crying because someone had died, and anyone could be next. The death was not due to an attack, but due to an inner struggle. It had been to much for her, I guess. It drove her mad, I guess. So, I guess that’s why she died. Goodbye, Harriet.


© 2011 CompellingComposer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on January 10, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011


Author

CompellingComposer
CompellingComposer

NC



About
My name is Megan and I have been writing poems since 4th grade and stories since 6th. I'm very, very young, as I've noticed from the ages of my fellow writers on this site. Yes, I am only 13, but writ.. more..

Writing