22. Going Home

22. Going Home

A Chapter by CompellingComposer
"

The final chapter!

"
Carrie:

    The battle was over. Weary, I collapsed in a pile of blood. I didn’t care though. My body was stiff and sore. I was forcing my eyes to stay open. Three days strait we had fought the zombies with our pitiful weapons and lack of training. We had won the battle, but I knew there was still more to come. It wasn’t over just yet.

    I took deep breaths and shivered, recalling the gory sights I had seen. The deaths that had been because of me. I didn’t care anymore, I was tired. I felt the warm blood seep into my clothes. I closed my eyes.

    “ It’s over for now,” I whispered. “ It’s over for now.”


Nathan:

    I picked up Carrie, half of her drenched in blood. I sighed and picked her up. She seemed to be asleep.

    “ We need to leave. We can’t stay here forever,” I heard Vincent say. He still had a desk leg tight in his grip. Beside him was William, his clothes partially torn. I nodded my head in agreement, not feeling in the mood to speak.

    “ Let’s go. I want to go home,” Matilda said, leaning on Seth. Jayson was beside them. I looked at him, waiting for him to say something.


Jayson:

    We decided that school was finally out. We were going home. I yawned. We walked together and beat down the locked, front doors. After an hour of struggling, we were free. I stepped out into the warm sunlight and felt a gentle gush of air brush against my face. This was war, now. This wasn’t over. It was still spreading. Everywhere we went, it would follow. Why? Because it was a disease.

    A disease of the dead.


THE END.


© 2011 CompellingComposer


Author's Note

CompellingComposer
I can't believe it's over already! The final chapter of Disease of the Dead! Thanks to everyone who has been following this story. I know there are still some questions left unanswered and some mysteries still, but they will be answered in my next book, "Survival of the Fittest: A Sequel to Disease of the Dead!" Thank you all!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely loved this story can;t wait for the sequel

Posted 13 Years Ago


YAY! MORE MORE MORE! THAT CAN'T BE THE END! IM GLAD THAT THERE IS GOING TO BE A SEQUEL! GOSH I LOVED YOUR BOOK, AND REMEBER FOR MY BIRTHDAY I GET A SIGNED COPY, SOO WHEN YOUR FAMOUS I CAN LOOK BACK AND SAY " I KNEW THAT GIRL!" hahaa :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 30, 2011
Last Updated on March 30, 2011


Author

CompellingComposer
CompellingComposer

NC



About
My name is Megan and I have been writing poems since 4th grade and stories since 6th. I'm very, very young, as I've noticed from the ages of my fellow writers on this site. Yes, I am only 13, but writ.. more..

Writing