5: Meeting the Others

5: Meeting the Others

A Chapter by CompellingComposer

   Seth and I decided that time for playing around was over, and that we should prepare ourselves, and the others, incase of another attack. We knew where food was, so we decided that it would be best to send some of us to get some to keep in the room, but to only bring foods that wouldn't spoil too quickly. We needed to make weapons, and knew that our school wouldn’t be supplied with guns, so we would have to make our own. We also needed to be able to make a plan to get to the nurse’s office safely for medical supplies, but since it was on the other side of the building, we knew weapons would need to be constructed so they we may better protect ourselves. I wrote down notes in a fresh notebook I had put in my backpack the day before.

    From the corner of my eye, I saw Caroline engaged in conversation with Laura and Harriet. I could easily tell that they were discussing serious matters, for they didn’t laugh, or smile, or grin. Out of them all, though, Carrie seemed to be the most serious. Her eyes seemed to burn as she spoke, feeling confident with every word she said. Harriet and my beautiful Laura could only watch, almost dumbstruck, and nod their heads in agreement. It almost frightened me to see this.

    Later that day, I had myself fully acquainted with the others. Of course, I already knew of Laura, Seth, Matilda, Rachel, and Caroline, but there were four others.

    The boy with the black hair, brother to Harriet, was, as I had guessed, a freshman. His name was William Hunter. His sister, with similar black hair, was a senior. Harriet Hunter.

    There was a boy with broad shoulders and muscles. I remember seeing him before, he was a jock. On the football team. His name was Vincent Martin, a senior.

    The last was a boy from the band. He played trumpet. He had chocolate colored eyes and hair to match. His name was Nathan King. He didn’t talk much, but he had an intelligent look in his eyes, and I don’t think it was because of his black-rimmed glasses. Maybe, if I could get him to open up and talk, he may be overflowing with bright ideas.

    So here I was, in a classroom with no weapons, no medical supplies, no anything. Just the people around me. I felt need to take charge and become alpha of us, like a pack of wild animals. My pack was in danger, and I needed to protect them. I promised myself that no matter what, I put the group before myself. Considering their lives higher than my own. I couldn’t let them die. They wouldn’t die as long as I was still breathing.

    Hopefully, that would be for a very long time.


© 2010 CompellingComposer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome! And I almost like the fact that you gave so little backround info....it gives a feel of mysteriousness. ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago


Flows well with the other chapters.. still waiting to find out, who, when, why, where and how.. you are building a whole lot of suspense... well crafted so far..

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2010
Last Updated on December 16, 2010
Tags: disease, of, the, dead, megan, fiction, horror, chapter, 5


Author

CompellingComposer
CompellingComposer

NC



About
My name is Megan and I have been writing poems since 4th grade and stories since 6th. I'm very, very young, as I've noticed from the ages of my fellow writers on this site. Yes, I am only 13, but writ.. more..

Writing