Farraway Finale?

Farraway Finale?

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell

Chapter 26: Farraway Finale?

 

 

 

 





Finals came and went. Trevor did the best he could. He hadn’t finished his book. Having essentially no idea how well he’d done on the finals, he told himself not to be upset about it. Craving to be given precedence in the inner mission of his private life currently, but only seeming able to enjoy his book. He fought off feelings of aggression and fortitude for more partitive ones of passion and obsession in ominous sounding music. Powerful as it was, he couldn’t stop. He took it with him everywhere he went from then on out.  Getting semi-drunk every night since finals finalized, mostly with David. Although he’d introduced Trevor to a guy named Alex. One who played the drums and was from God knows where. He thought about having a band for several seconds then pushed out these thoughts. No way to find any reasonable members to do what he wanted. Maybe his own project would be back in commission sometime, but not now. Trevor was finally living inside a nightmare and it was coming faster than he thought possible.


He lit up a cigarette on a Sunday afternoon, covering up because the Earth hadn’t heated up yet on a rainy April day. He couldn’t see his breath. Well, aside from the smoke rolling out his mouth every thirty seconds or so. Reeling in puffs and soothing his undeserved emergence from these classes. Trevor wished he could put everything together. Reaching a point of completion of the point of his life where he shall and any misadventures along the way. Seeing Don again wasn’t the most gratifying thought. On another note, Trevor was having a good time getting inebriated every night. Listening to songs and meeting new people. Recollecting it wasn’t too bad, if the times carried over to this day, then he would have to marvel in it again. He wasn’t sure why that was. No matter. The outside world was the topic of today. It was the subliminary, outlandish bits of television and a decent lunch that made things bright.


Cleaning off his plate in the sink and searching the fridge for a drink. Luckily there was a good kind of juice. Grabbing a bulbously large cup and dropping some cubes in it. He took to his bedroom. Sitting on his bed reading the book that was a constant for the past ten days as well as the getting drunk. Approaching the ending fast, not really interesting in how close he came to a point where this all stopped. He had a hand cramp and his eyes were sore. He rested for a few then rolled over and started pondering the way things were going. “Okay, there’s four more people I have to locate.” Whether that be befriending him or something else.


“The thing that’s been looking for me isn’t around most of the time. That must mean it has problems getting itself on a solid state in reality. David was making new friends from school and been away for some time. Who knows what Jamie was doing. Shady as always. I do know he’s with a chick named Stacey and he doesn’t come to school at all. “Well, that’s nothing new. So, it’s better he doesn’t know. As opposed to David, who does have some idea of the stakes.”


As for the opposition, he’d no idea who or what they could be. The two he’d seen were human-like in form, except for that inconceivable thing that overtook his room. Now for an important question, were they organized and if not, could he win? If not for his own self-discipline and resourcefulness it would’ve been over for Trevor by now. “Dead Trevor.” Don’t like the sound of that. Trevor became agitated. Nervously pacing about the room. Cursing the whole issue and every possible outcome that could ensue. The largest piece of the puzzle was the reliance part. Not only did he have to rely on two people like he did currently, but instead six. Six people that had their own lives to lead.  Trevor hoped that he could get away with being the main force. He knew he could destroy any factor that got close to him if he could play things wisely and not get himself killed. That was, if he was hit from point blank. But, distance was an issue itself. David had a plus on that front. Although, he wasn’t sure he had no idea how to manage that in any way. It couldn’t be helped, Trevor had to reveal everything to him and soon. There were no other options. For another fifteen, he lay relaxed in a state of half-sleep. The worry was there though. At some time between that and passing out got a text, rising to find his phone.


 


He heard a ruckus outside got his attention. He heard the tree shake and birds fly away in some directions. Quiet; and then a feeling, a breathtakingly horrifying one, something was entering the room from the window. He couldn’t see a thing. Sure that there was something here, no place to run, or, he was in too much shock, or he thought it might be a bad idea to. He didn’t know. Trying to maintain his alert to anything. A survival skill maybe, or, fear of an undetectable entity. In about fifty seconds, the window starting pressing out. Cracking slightly as pressure continued to push out, but ceasing to break. Trevor moved over. Scrambling to a different side of the room. Bit-by-bit, some matter or entity grew until it could almost touch him. He’d never been so afraid of anything. Not in his eighteen years of life. Maybe. The manifestation had made itself intangible this time. There was no telling if this was something else entirely. But, it was here, and he had no idea what it was going to do. Trevor freaked and grabbed his phone off-of his night-stand. Tears of fear rolling off his bottom eyelid. At least a few, the lightbulb across the room broke loudly. He realized that his eyes were seeing the gradated colors again that he only saw when time stood still. Though the pieces of glass were reaching the floor in order of events, as his bed seemed to press against the wall. His eyes grew heavy. As if eye-drops had been squirted liberally into his open sockets, subtly, and unclarily, the mass came closer to Trevor and touched him. Everything went black.







© 2017 Stephen Caldwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on December 22, 2016
Last Updated on February 23, 2017

Living Virtues


Author

Stephen Caldwell
Stephen Caldwell

Concord, NC



About
Musician. Writer. Humble. Tattooed. Loving. Hating. Human. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell