Forced Awakening by the Backings of Greed

Forced Awakening by the Backings of Greed

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell

Chapter 43: Forced Awakening by the Backings of Greed

 

 

 

            The nighttime hours ran down as Trevor lay unconscious on the doorstep. The early morning radiated throughout the area that was Trevor’s street. But, he was not aware of it. The minutes passed to that of roughly thirty. The light cast on him. He sat up, and got to the door. It was unlocked now. Trevor cuffed the handle and stepped in. He saw his parents were up and around. His mom said “Hi” and he repeated. Surely, he hadn’t been seen sprawled on the porch-way “But, nevermind.”

            Trevor went back to his room. Hugging the hallway walls as he walked back, the sort of morning daze that could falter a much larger man.  He slammed out on his bed. The particular way he felt was guessing at what he would do today. But, he also felt unduly lethargic. Anything that occurred in the previous day was not entitled to be so. The doorstep had been hard and unforgiving on Trevor’s bare back where his shirt had ridden up. He looked to see his table and if he needed to recover anything. He coaxed himself out of bed and planed on the couch in the living room. Trevor had mastered the art of looking for people to meet with. The unwarranted nature of doing so always met with Trevor as a fine line between making friends and being a nuisance. But, he had to be. Getting information was critical. The time had been going and he hadn’t reached the cusp of where he should go. The front porch last night was a sign he had to step-up and out. The factor preventing this lately was a mere absence of a prime envisioning of that and impact to give him the reason to do so. Now he had experienced getting hurt or rather being targeted he had to act. So the first thing he did was to open the cabinet in the bathroom. He snagged a bottle of face wash and removed the cap. He squirted it on the palm of his right hand and leaked some water out of the faucet. He let some on to the vibrant paste, and sat around with it on his face for the next ten minutes. The goodness felt on his face made it difficult for him to think about anything else. Sometime between washing his face and going outside, Trevor thought he had seen the image of an awful monster sitting on a barstool. As he exited his house, he sorted out where he would go. He got in the car and turned it on. He wrote in his phone that he would drive to the outer parts of his city. He started by going to the place where he’d gone to the party the one night long ago. There was no choice left but to retrace his life up to now. Not fully, but well enough to dig up some tracks that he himself made. He had to find the illogical reasons why he would be at any of these places.

           

The first on his list. Checking out that parking lot. The one where Lester lived. He made to where he could get there from the way Trevor went to the mall sometimes. He didn’t have an idea singly that there would be a sort-of way to see the opposing sides of the city. The places where he could search for all of the pieces he needed to gather. Any of them, so there was no time to lose. Beforehand, he had an epiphany that he should see how David was doing and ask him what he thought happened last night. He chucked a bottle of water that he just emptied at the side of his house next to a garden hose, and drove up the street. Pulling in his driveway. No one appeared to be here. Trevor reluctantly chose to check anyway. He went to the front door to see if David was there and if he needed help, but he knew he was injured and couldn’t ask to go with him today. “Doo-doo” he could hear the doorbell inside. He twitched when the household dogs barked and ran at the door. He hoped to hear feet pounding down the stairs. However, the noise he’d come to know did not. Trevor walked away from the house and got back in his car. He sat there on his phone as he cooled the car at noon on a summer day. He could fathom any other place to check out besides that one, so off he drove. Trevor could only dread he would uncover nothing when he arrived. To scope the scene he would have to stay in his car, or quickly make his way over to the front door of the apartment. Not twenty minutes later, he was passing the despondent community college local to the city and the area where the apartments happened to be. No dogs or picket fences or demon masters to worry about in this side of town. He may have nosey neighbors and that would be a problem. He will have to be discrete if he wanted to learn anything or get anywhere from searching the area. By now, he was coming up on the turn in for the complex. He made it.



© 2016 Stephen Caldwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on December 22, 2016
Last Updated on December 22, 2016

Living Virtues


Author

Stephen Caldwell
Stephen Caldwell

Concord, NC



About
Musician. Writer. Humble. Tattooed. Loving. Hating. Human. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell