The Eagle

The Eagle

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell

Chapter 75: The Eagle

 

 

 

 

Piecing together the advent in the middle of the road. It made Trevor feel burdensome for the hundredth time. He dropped Jamie off at his house and thanked him for his service earlier that night. He wasn't tired at all. Shaken if anything; And couldn't calm down. He made it to the outskirts of his house and started contemplating what to do now. He took several steps toward the front door before realizing he'd forgotten that feather. He went back to get it and picked it back up. He put it in his left hand and kind of clamped it in his fingers. It made him shoot it a look twice to see if it had been ruffled or any other blemish. He saw it in a glare of light that it shone a transparent orange and dusty brown. It lacked a particular topping and didn't lose any of its luster at the bottom. He analyzed it meticulously and donned it in his left ear for the time being while he walked inside. When he got in he took it off and put it on the dresser and mussed its feathers a bit. Then he troubled himself on what to do with it. Was there some kind of use he could have for it? He didn't know. He was exhausted, but not sleepy in the least. He could have destructed out there in the middle of the night and it wouldn't have made a hell of a difference to it if he had. Why should he feel bad? No doubt there wasn't anything he could do to try and make it change its mind about that. He set it down in the middle of the floor and started playing around with it. He first looked at it under the flame of a lighter. Then again with a desk lamp. He checked it for thickness and durability. All pristine. He didn't understand how he could've slain such a thing. Without the help of Jamie it wouldn't have been simple at all. He barely scraped out alive. It took him a good five minutes to spread it out to full flex. He didn't need the extra lights anymore. So what did he do? In a moment’s notice he picked it up, melted it down with his energy and popped it in his mouth. It took him a minute to choke it down. It was really gritty and herbaceous. As soon as he guzzled it, he felt paranormally rejuvenated. It didn't take long for him to feel like he was extravagantly pipped up and his body was gradually healing. It couldn't have taken more than an hour to be fixed completely and damn was he ripe. Though with the modifications inside himself going haywire, it depressed him and made him require sleep worse than ever. Trevor couldn't stay awake for a matter of minutes.



© 2016 Stephen Caldwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on December 22, 2016
Last Updated on December 22, 2016

Living Virtues


Author

Stephen Caldwell
Stephen Caldwell

Concord, NC



About
Musician. Writer. Humble. Tattooed. Loving. Hating. Human. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell