Put to Bed

Put to Bed

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell

Chapter 102: Put to Bed

 

 

 

 

 

            Trevor was dragged to his bedroom and placed into his bed by a very tiresome David. Not knowing if his friend was alright, David put his hand on Trevor’s hot forehead. David probably couldn’t wait to get home himself, for if anyone was tired it was he. Trevor nor Jamie knew this, but David secretly didn’t want to be there at all. He was only around because he was useful to the problems at hand. If he could do his job properly without losing interest then he’d be home free. But, David was still the best of friends. For the time being they practically were, but David wanted to be somewhere else undisclosed. At war to be specific. If it were a war he wanted Trevor would give him one. For now Trevor slept untidily while the night ended. The ferocious feeling he had when meeting the rogue went unquenched, and he supremely fell into obliviousness. Trevor woke before daybreak howling in pain. He tried to heal his head. It came out as something like an aspirin and fixed whatever shock damage had been done. He flew through his morning routine and dozed off in the shower a bit. He couldn’t align his stereo’s frequency right in the living room so he just turned it off. He decided to write. He really didn’t have much of a hangover. Must’ve been because he healed his head with his powers. No time like the present. He began taking down notes on his journeys starting with the phoenix incident and made it up to the time he’d killed the undead last week. It’d been a year since then and all the bashing and beatings were starting to wear on him more than ever. He couldn’t say it wasn’t all worth it. Because really it was! No, it wasn’t that it wasn’t worth it. However, all the beatings Trevor took were hurting him more than he’d ever noticed before. His patience and temperance were growing smaller and he always had the urge to go out and finish things for good. Though he couldn’t say he didn’t like the attributes of the mission, he wondered what it’d be like when this was all over. The aggravation and frustration was more than he could bear. There had to be some way he could draw out the sprite again. Time was always running and Trevor knew he wanted to take care of things sooner rather than later. That way he’d have the rest of his life to kick back and listen to all the music he wanted to. He once thought he might be finished off for good by this. But now he was sure he could beat that man with some teamwork. “Yes, teamwork would be the key.” Trevor thought. Before going back to his room and falling back asleep.



© 2016 Stephen Caldwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on December 22, 2016
Last Updated on December 22, 2016

Living Virtues


Author

Stephen Caldwell
Stephen Caldwell

Concord, NC



About
Musician. Writer. Humble. Tattooed. Loving. Hating. Human. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell