The Secret of Belial

The Secret of Belial

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell

Chapter 126: The Secret of Belial

 

 

 

 

            As they made their way down the stone steps, you could hear the *clomp clomp* of their shoes hitting the ground. Trevor stood point, while David took up the rear. They stood in a long hall with a bright light at the end of the tunnel. As bright as it was, he couldn’t see two feet in front of him; and when he was at the midway point of the basement, he could see cells with demons sleeping in them. “Wow. There sure are a lot of them.” Alex said. “Shh…” Trevor motioned. But, it was too late. “huh..” one of them said and they started to get up like zombies. One ran at Trevor like a wild animal, he got punched in the face and immediately lit his hand up in a fizzly green and sent him packing into ashes. They all left their cells all the way to the end of the line and they had to fight them off. Alan obliterated one by hacking his limbs off with his laser finger. When they got surrounded, Alex used his surge of energy and blasted them all back into burning corpses. The ones out front David scorched with his energy beam and the few that got close Trevor took care of by fending them off and into dust.

            That was it. They had all fallen. They were ready to take their trek to wherever that bright light led them. Through the blinding light, they found themselves in a bedchamber. Just like Trevor had seen out at the lake. Best of all, Brittany was sitting on the bed staring into space like she’d been brainwashed. There was a stone bedside table in the corner which was producing light besides the one hanging overhead. On the table was a book, one of great importance it would seem. It said, “Devil’s Instructions” on the cover and what’s more it wasn’t written by Belial. Trevor though he would take it and read into it later. “We gotta get out of here. Take Brittany.” They lifted her up and put her on David’s shoulders. “Okay, let’s go.”

            It got darker through the tunnel and could barely see Alex running next to him. Up the stairs they shot, and through the seemingly tortuous hall. Out the front door they burst and the street they strolled quietly. Through the brush and mud they were tramping under their feet, they came to the crossroads. “Which way did we go again?” Alex asked. “Straight.” Trevor raised his eyebrow. “This girl’s getting heavy.” David spat. “Just a little further.” There it was, the church, filled with all those demons Trevor assumed since they were marching there earlier. “Now what?” They’d reached the point where they’d entered hell. “What’ll we do if the portal doesn’t open again?” asked Alan. “Don warned me about this.”

            “Warned you about what?”

            “That we wouldn’t be able to get back out.”

            “Oh no! We’re trapped here?”

            “Don’t worry. I’m gonna look in this book and see how Belial jumped between dimensions.” He thumbed over the cover, “by Satan Massey” Flipping through, there were countless spells and instructions on how to use demon powers. “Here we go. A window through time. Wait, that’s not right.” He kept searching. “Ah. Inter-dimensional travel.” He read on. “Oh no. Turns out you have to be a demon for it to work.”

            “How will we get out of here?”



© 2016 Stephen Caldwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on December 22, 2016
Last Updated on December 22, 2016

Living Virtues


Author

Stephen Caldwell
Stephen Caldwell

Concord, NC



About
Musician. Writer. Humble. Tattooed. Loving. Hating. Human. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell