A Chance to Live

A Chance to Live

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell

Chapter 99: A Chance to Live

 

 

 

 

 

            He got his jacket on and sprung up the street as fast as he could hustle. He pushed up to David very quickly and stopped mid-rain in his driveway. There wouldn't be another shot at this, so he leapt up on the side door and rung the bell. He couldn't wait for the comrade he'd had for so long to come out and help him win. He waited and waited until finally he came out through the kitchen. It wasn't a matter of getting anywhere but getting flashy boy to come down from the sky. He made David drive to Jamie's this time since it was nearing seven o'clock. He couldn't wait to see if they could accomplish anything. The rain started to pour relentlessly from the cloud and Trevor shrieked when water droplets came in through the window and got his pant legs wet with cold precipitation. He bore a cigarette and smoked as warm air flowed out the crack of the window. More lightning cracked overhead and in a second, or maybe less, a bolt cracked downward onto the dirt in the side of the road that couldn't kill him faster than he could anticipate.


© 2016 Stephen Caldwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on December 22, 2016
Last Updated on December 22, 2016

Living Virtues


Author

Stephen Caldwell
Stephen Caldwell

Concord, NC



About
Musician. Writer. Humble. Tattooed. Loving. Hating. Human. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stephen Caldwell